You have 7 days to get ready

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
AZGEEZER
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: You have 7 days to get ready

Post by AZGEEZER »

The chickens.... We get those for$1.90ea shipped and we order 25 chickens at a time. We lost 2 within 48hrs and we have 1 runt we put with the other egg layers. Those were born Aug 1 and they grow at different rates, so I went out just a bit ago and weighed 1 of the larger ones. After getting clawed I halfway weighed it and at 6wks of age it weighed right about 6Lbs.

The others (some) are smaller, so those I didn't weigh those at all. The feed is moistened cheap dog food, it has a 21% protien content and cost just under $20 for a 50Lb bag. Still cheaper than the high protien chicken feed.

The layers we let forage, we didn't for some time because the neighbors dogs killed 31 over time. Didn't replace them and almost got into a physical altercation over it. Wife is really attached to her chickens which got her real upset with them (neighbor). Like I wrote in another thread, everything wants to eat the chickens and you almost have to do 24/7 sentry duty.

If you do the math for 23 birds, and the food it really isn't bad per Lb.

And if your neighbor wants more eggs, just feed the chickens 2-3 cups (daily) of moistened dog food. It's an old trick of ours and we get lots of eggs. We have about 25-30 chickens (layers) and that's what we gauge the 2-3 cups on.

And when you get those meat birds, they hobble around. They don't walk all that well being so heavy and would rather just sit down and do nothing. Last batch the average weight after butchering was 4Lbs at 8wks old. This batch I'm letting go longer, about 12wks, for more meat. And the meat from the last batch was like jello, very tender and very filling when you eat it. The taste is slightly different, actually better since we use most of it in soup.

And it all comes down to knowing for a fact what is actually in the chicken your eating.

If you enjoy researching, go into duckduckgo and search "SENOMYX" in food. Don't use goofle or bing fr the search, they filter things.

And when/if you find that out look up HEK 293 and read. Same thing but they play word games with your mind.
Last edited by AZGEEZER on September 11th, 2018, 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AZGEEZER

Post by AZGEEZER »

I dunno to much about those types of well pumps. Ours sits at 250' with a static level of 190' with the entire depth of the well at 295'.

Just a regular 110V A/C that runs off the invertor which is run from the battery bank. Pumps at just over 5gal min but no need for a generator at all, and it uses 1200Wts. And the tank is 2500gal, and we pump water daily since the swamp cooler uses 150-200gal a day. And when we water the trees we go through 1500gal every 4-7 days.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

AZGEEZER wrote: September 11th, 2018, 7:12 pm The chickens.... We get those for$1.90ea shipped and we order 25 chickens at a time. We lost 2 within 48hrs and we have 1 runt we put with the other egg layers. Those were born Aug 1 and they grow at different rates, so I went out just a bit ago and weighed 1 of the larger ones. After getting clawed I halfway weighed it and at 6wks of age it weighed right about 6Lbs.

The others (some) are smaller, so those I didn't weigh those at all. The feed is moistened cheap dog food, it has a 21% protien content and cost just under $20 for a 50Lb bag. Still cheaper than the high protien chicken feed.

The layers we let forage, we didn't for some time because the neighbors dogs killed 31 over time. Didn't replace them and almost got into a physical altercation over it. Wife is really attached to her chickens which got her real upset with them (neighbor). Like I wrote in another thread, everything wants to eat the chickens and you almost have to do 24/7 sentry duty.

If you do the math for 23 birds, and the food it really isn't bad per Lb.

And if your neighbor wants more eggs, just feed the chickens 2-3 cups (daily) of moistened dog food. It's an old trick of ours and we get lots of eggs. We have about 25-30 chickens (layers) and that's what we gauge the 2-3 cups on.

And when you get those meat birds, they hobble around. They don't walk all that well being so heavy and would rather just sit down and do nothing. Last batch the average weight after butchering was 4Lbs at 8wks old. This batch I'm letting go longer, about 12wks, for more meat. And the meat from the last batch was like jello, very tender and very filling when you eat it. The taste is slightly different, actually better since we use most of it in soup.

And it all comes down to knowing for a fact what is actually in the chicken your eating.

If you enjoy researching, go into duckduckgo and search "SENOMYX" in food. Don't use goofle or bing fr the search, they filter things.

And when/if you find that out look up HEK 293 and read. Same thing but they play word games with your mind.
I hope you took out the neighbors dogs for eating your food.