Arizona Specific Medicinal Plants?

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
blkexp98
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Arizona Specific Medicinal Plants?

Post by blkexp98 »

Are there any good books to use as a resource for medicinal plants that are more geared to what is found here in AZ? I'm in Phoenix so I would mainly be interested in this environment but it wouldn't be bad to know about the higher elevations locations as well.

Cmoor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Arizona Specific Medicinal Plants?

Post by Cmoor »

When I was teaching herbal medicine I had several good books that cover the south west. I think Most of them are still packed away from my last move. Our climate is pretty good for growing non-native stuff here too. Growing your own is great because you get to control how it is grown. There are several plants that grow wild in the desert and in the mountains.
underw0rld

Re: Arizona Specific Medicinal Plants?

Post by underw0rld »

For medicinal plants/trees I grow:
-Aloe
-Neem
-Moringa
-Italian Oregano
-Purple Basil
-Ashitaba
-Echinacea
-Jujube
-Barbados Cherry
-Red Okra
-Red Stem Malabar Spinach

To name just a few that grow easily here in Phoenix. Just read about the health and nutrient benefits of each. Adding to your diet and never get sick or get hungry. Just the Moringa Tree alone (Nicknamed the Tree of Life) can sustain you. They grow easily. Can grow from a seed to over 20 feet tall in a year and a half, can handle the Phoenix Heat and have no enemies.