Intel

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
Epic_Ed
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Intel

Post by Epic_Ed »

One of the biggest challenges with being "prepared" is finding reliable channels of information. It's especially hard among the clutter of digital media personalities who often sensationalize their content for likes and subscribers. We all know the MSM is hot garbage, but where are you finding good, reliable, unbiased intel - especially on the geopolitical front?

Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Intel

Post by Suck My Glock »

"Unbiased" does not exist. Your only option is to take in the raw unfiltered crap and then filter it yourself to sift out the real news.

I've stayed away from Twitter since it began because it seemed useless. However, it allows people near newsworthy events to post immediately what is going on. Unlike Facebook, there is not nearly as much direct live real-time censorship, with the exception of China and it's "Great Firewall". So for instance, news on the front in Ukraine has been able to be posted nearly as it happens, by both sides. Yes, Twitter is still a tool for those trying to tell you what to think,...but like with all media, what you get out of it is dependent upon the skill of the consumer to detect and filter out the BS.

The war on your mind continues unabated, so there is no such thing as being lazy and just believing what you're told, no matter who is saying it.
Epic_Ed

Post by Epic_Ed »

I found Forward Observer recently. Their writers are all former US intel in some capacity and they give a pretty unvarnished assessment of domestic and foreign sitrep. It's a paid subscription so probably not something everyone would be interested in.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Epic_Ed wrote: September 25th, 2022, 12:36 pm One of the biggest challenges with being "prepared" is finding reliable channels of information. It's especially hard among the clutter of digital media personalities who often sensationalize their content for likes and subscribers. We all know the MSM is hot garbage, but where are you finding good, reliable, unbiased intel - especially on the geopolitical front?
First off you need to understand the difference between “intel” and “information” and act accordingly.

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”
Mandy Potemkin in “The Princess Bride”
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

That Guy wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:53 pm
Epic_Ed wrote: September 25th, 2022, 12:36 pm One of the biggest challenges with being "prepared" is finding reliable channels of information. It's especially hard among the clutter of digital media personalities who often sensationalize their content for likes and subscribers. We all know the MSM is hot garbage, but where are you finding good, reliable, unbiased intel - especially on the geopolitical front?
First off you need to understand the difference between “intel” and “information” and act accordingly.

Intel is information, always has been, always will be. What matters is the context in which the words are used, and most times, they are interchangeable.

Clyde
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Information is essentially raw data (lacking context or analysis). Intelligence is collated processed information (often from multiple sources).
Epic_Ed

Post by Epic_Ed »

That Guy wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:53 pm

You really want to split hairs? Not the purpose of this post.