OK now your here...NOW WHAT

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
AZGEEZER
ArizonaShooting.org Member

OK now your here...NOW WHAT

Post by AZGEEZER »

So now you've finally made the treck and your out of the city and your now up north.

Sure it was a long trip and all but now since your dog-tired and feel like you've been rode hard and put away dirty your adventures on a different level is now here.

People seem to have somewhat of a misconception from watching movies or whatever the reality of it is folks that live up north are struggling in there own way. Folks that live in what I call the smaller cities, Flagstaff or Prescott, Show Low and so on have struggled in a different way. When SHTF hit most were somewhat unprepared for the reality that the markets that they went to don't have what they want as far as food stuffs. People that used to buy those pre-made cupcakes and frozen pizzas are at a lose, and they haven't got clue 1 how to prepare that pre-made stuff themselves. Just like you they wont be happy because as of now they can't just go and get what they want, when they want it, or how they want it.

Since SHTF those gas pumps are on empty and country folks depend on fuel to make trip to get what they need or want. Most if not all banking is at a stand-still and folks that had any sort of $ in there account are held victim to the fact nothing works.

Folks that have animals now can't feed them, they can't go to the feed store because they have no fuel and or can't get there $. Now all those little darlings have a different look about them. Folks that have horses are now looking at them and naming them Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Many folks where I am are generally older, have critters, and live life 1 day at a time. To pass the time and boredom they target shoot, and I know of quiet a few that can hit the nads on a fly at 500yds all the time, instant sex change happening. Out here target shooting is out the front door or the back door, just depends on the mood your in at the time.

And like in the city, utilities aren't working, or if they are they may be up 1 day and down the next. To hard to tell if the power is going to be up and running to be 100% certain which way to think. Folks on solar power up here (and there are a lot) depend on a generator just to run the well pump. Most pumps are installed and they run on 220V and unless you have 2 inverters and enough solar panels your using a generator just to pump water. And "IF" you can't get fuel those generators just wont work well. Just my inverter alone was $2300 so if a person has 2 the investment is substantial.

****I've led you to this point, folks aren't going to be happy that live here****

Now that you got here I'll fill you in on what to pretty much what to expect.

Remember I mention having a unique skill-set of some benefit, this is where it pays off, that is "IF" it works at all.

For the sake of argument your a Dr. and have all this knowledge. You can come up with all the diagnosis on the planet but since you cant provide the cure your kinda useless. Knowing what a person has is 1 thing, making a cure work and work effectively is another all together.

Same thing as a mechanic, sure you can diagnose the problem but can you repair\fix with what you yourself can do? Auto parts are at the store, and the auto parts store can't get the parts, that is if you can get into town since fuel is in short supply.

The only thing that just might save you is there seems to be some sort of unwritten law around here, and it goes something like this. If you reside within rural AZ you are required to have at least 4 vehicles on blocks falling apart on said property. There are way more cars on blocks just sitting around collecting dust than you could possibly imagine.

****YOU ARE CONSIDERED A REFUGEE****

Walking around and trying to find someone to give you what you want isn't going to work very well if at all. The only advisable thing I can come up with is offer something they can't do. Either because they physically can't or don't have the knowledge to do whatever it is.

Go spend some time in MeTube and look up "GASSIFIER" and learn how to make them. And when I say make them even then that'll take some knowledge on your part. If you can figure those out and make it work your doing pretty good and you'll have somewhat of an upper hand for bargaining. Even the simple things in my mind will be of a benefit to someone, being a financial consultant isn't 1 of them.

****NOW THINGS GET INTERESTING****

The longer SHFT goes on the more apprehensive folks that live here or anywhere else for that matter, are going to be and create fear. You may be sincere but when you approach peoples home site your going to be met with the whizzing of gunfire in all likelihood. Peoples evil nature will come to the surface and here's what I mean. Someone you don't know is trying to get your attention, first off your trying to get them to come out, isolate them, make them an easier target. The folks your trying to get to come out have no clue if your the point man trying to get them isolated so the other 2-3 folks that they don't see can take them down.

People that live rural think a lot different than you do. Your not going to be permitted to come onto there property, they don't want people coming back. Are you the type that takes mental inventory of what someone else has so you can come back in the middle of the night and steal it? At this point in time everyone is a thief, and whether you plan on stealing or not your not going to be trusted....AT ALL.

Rural folks think in simple terms, living rural and having someone come up the first thing they'll wonder about is just how you got here in the first place. Remember gas is in short supply so how can someone just wonder up when the nearest town of any size is a good 2 1/2 days walk away? For reference I live a 1/2hr drive from the pavement to my house....see what I mean.

And the biggest no-no at this point is doing it at night. Don't even think about it, you'll only become a statistic at that point.

So the skinny of it is that unless you have somewhere to go your not going to be treated with open arms, your going to be a threat. Remember it isn't what you think it's what they think that counts.

I have seen folks that look on the down and out side. Real shabby clothes, look like death warmed over, and kinda like the walking dead if you think about it. Folks here wont give them the time of day despite they hold up some hand written sign that has all manner of whatever written on it. They disappear generally withing a few hours because although that may work in the city, it wont work here with any success. And this is in town in the parking lot of 1 of 3 grocery stores in town where thru-traffic is a constant thing.

It would best to just tough it out right where you began. There isn't a better life, easier life, when you venture out beyond your front door looking for something better if SHTF.

I'm not trying to mean spirited, or let the air out of your balloon. These are just the cold hearted facts of what to expect during SHTF.

I really can go on with this, but I really don't want to get into details.

*****Here's my take on all this SHTF BS*****

Peoples minds are coming up with all kinds of self induced trauma as I call it. Despite the fact that absolutely nothing has happened there seems to be some compound that the brain produces that becomes a drug which needs to be fed on a constant basis.

I see in all reality a financial problem being the issue. Which is why I wrote in another thread I would advise folks to pay off any debt you may have, and I mean ANY. If you owe a debt your pretty much considered a debt slave and will be subject to someone elses rule. We aren't the only country on the planet that owes $ and the debt just keeps increasing. There's countries out there that want a financial reset, and when that happens things are going to be really interesting. You should go read about Venezuela and the problems they're facing, some of the vids of hijacked commercial trucks. That should make your mind spin, first since the MSM is pretty silent on the issue, and it'll be a good indication what could happen here if ever the financial system goes belly up. Take a look at the Chinese (GOLD BACKED) Yuan and the issues associated with that, the U.S. dollar isn't a gold backed currency like it once was.

Also in AZ there was a law passed by a politician that owned a car loan company. Basically it states any vehicle delinquent in payments for 3 months the vehicle is considered a stolen vehicle. During a financial crisis your going to have a mighty hard time doing much of anything sitting in the gray-bar hotel.

The more you can do for yourself the better off your going to be. And I mean that on many.... many levels.
Last edited by AZGEEZER on July 16th, 2018, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MTURBO

Re: OK now your here...NOW WHAT

Post by MTURBO »

Great read! I really enjoy your posts.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

I sort of expected something to happen back in 09 when the RE/Financial markets went belly up but nothing did cuz uncle bailed all the big shots out.
I sort of though things would spiral down and get out of control after Ferguson and Dallas but they didn't... I guess as long there is plenty of beer and netflix we are safe.
AZGEEZER

Post by AZGEEZER »

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07- ... hief-night

No sooner I write about it I find this......kinda makes me wonder.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

When the banks declare a 'Holiday' a lot of people are going to wonder WTF and will see everything disappear overnight- then we will have a crisis. Remember that bank in England that rationed how much one could withdraw per week?
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

WoW!! Quite a tale!!

If I didn't know better I would be scared to death to try "going north"!

But, being a back country sort of guy all my life, may I offer a different SHTF scenario.

Trying to follow the SHTF parameters laid down in the OP, let me first start out by saying, if gas and products are as unavailable as the OP stated, then infrastructure type services have ended. That would most likely mean all fire, medical and law enforcement services are non existent as well.

With that being taken for granted, basically the "NORTH" is in a state of anarchy. That state would make me quite hesitant to, as the OP stated, just walk up to anyone, period. I believe the OP when he says, any travelers approaching a rural homestead would be met with lead. And, if I may, any idiot that would be so stupid as to do such, is not a positive addition to any gene pool, and should be shot dead!

So, what is one to do, one who is without anything but what is on his/her back? Simple, take precautions fitting of the OP's judgement that YOU ARE A LYING THIEF COME TO ROB, KILL, AND MAIM!!!

Don't approach a remote homestead, just to be gunned down by a paranoid survivalist. Wait and observe from a hidden position how many people live in the house for at least 24 hours, or longer. Finding a very remote dwelling of an old couple would be a windfall. Dig in, observe, get to know a little about their daily activities. Make a judgement call as to whether it is feasible to snipe one doing something outside like getting wood for the stove and then the second one when coming out to see what is going on, all from your observation nest without breaking a sweat. Wait for the opportune moment when those who would judge you a murdering, stealing, vagrant scum, are divided in numbers so your chances of taking them all out are better. Oh, and don't forget, there won't be anyone coming to arrest you for not having a stamp with your silencer, anarchy can be a lovely thing.

And the biggest advantage you can have at this point is doing it at night. Don't even think about it, taking shots while someone is doing dishes in a well-lit window, or sitting down for dinner in a well-lit room, with a regular scope, at night, it's a walk in the park, easy pick'ns!

Remember, being mobile and not confined to a domicile, is an advantage, not a determent. And by all means remember above all else, the country is in a state of anarchy, no one is coming to enforce any laws, just as has been insinuated by the OP, shoot first and forget about asking questions.

"****I've led you to this point, folks aren't going to be happy that live here****"

"****YOU ARE CONSIDERED A REFUGEE****"

"I'm not trying to mean spirited, or let the air out of your balloon. These are just the cold hearted facts of what to expect during SHTF."

And, by all means, take the OP's advice!

"The more you can do for yourself the better off your going to be. And I mean that on many.... many levels."

All the above is pure sarcastic bullshit, gents, just as the OP has elements of pure paranoid bullshit, enjoy! 8-)
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

What are the refugees doing for food, water, shelter as they spend days in unfamiliar territory "observing" their intended victim?
Flash

Post by Flash »

Steve_In_29 wrote: July 20th, 2018, 11:24 pm What are the refugees doing for food, water, shelter as they spend days in unfamiliar territory "observing" their intended victim?
Dying
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Steve_In_29 wrote: July 20th, 2018, 11:24 pm What are the refugees doing for food, water, shelter as they spend days in unfamiliar territory "observing" their intended victim?
Hi Steve, my reply was meant in jest, as stated, just "bullshit sarcasm", lighten up. :angry-chillpill:
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

shooter444 wrote: July 21st, 2018, 7:44 am
Hi Steve, my reply was meant in jest, as stated, just "bullshit sarcasm", lighten up. :angry-chillpill:
And my reply was simply a bit of factual sarcasm in return...
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Well then, if that is true, you may want to consider publishing such intent in your original post, like I did! That could prevent some confusion on your intent.

Joking, sarcasm and a few other human foibles seem to be hard to decipher sometimes on the internet, without written clarification.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Sorry, I didn't know I was supposed to treat this like "Social Media for Dummies".
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

A reminder from the site rules:
Personal attacks are NOT permitted. Personally attacking or defaming someone on the forums will result in your post being locked or deleted and/or your account being locked, or even a ban from the forums for repeat offenders as we become aware of it.

We are all big boys here but let's try to keep things civil.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Note that I did not direct the comment at him personally.

My comment was about posting to the board in general since he had put forth the requirement to spell out the use of sarcasm so that no one on the board could miss it.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

Steve_In_29 wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 11:00 pm Note that I did not direct the comment at him personally.

My comment was about posting to the board in general since he had put forth the requirement to spell out the use of sarcasm so that no one on the board could miss it.
I understand that, and that is why no one got an account warning. It is just a friendly reminder of the rules, so that no one does step over the line.

Carry on gentlemen.