Fertilizer shortage = food shortage

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Fertilizer shortage = food shortage

Post by smithers599 »

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/r ... ll-exports
Food Crisis Imminent: Hungary Bans All Grain Exports Effective Immediately
Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
FRIDAY, MAR 04, 2022 - 11:26 AM
(Update 1:25pm ET) - Those who have it, are no longer giving it away, and those that don't will soon find themselves in the middle of an epic food crisis.

Just hours after we reported that Russia effectively banned exports of fertilizers, moments ago Hungary - one of Europe's most grain rich nations - has circled the wagons and realizing which way the wind is blowing, just announced that it will banning all grain exports effective immediately, in a statement .

Expect wheat prices, already at record highs, to promptly double from here in the next few weeks as the world realizes the extent of the global food crisis that is coming.

Cmoor

Re: Fertilizer shortage = food shortage

Post by Cmoor »

Fertilizer wont be a problem, we have plenty of cows to follow around... lol
I have worked hard at growing my own food, plant and animal. Plus hunting around here is pretty good too. I avoid all wheat products so this is no problem and all my animals can free range...

But, I am sure for the majority of the population a food and fuel shortage is coming and even if you can find food the cost will be going way up the same as fuel will be $6.00+ if joe doesn't do something right for a change.
338lapua

Re: Fertilizer shortage = food shortage

Post by 338lapua »

I own several hydroponics operations. I have enough fertilizer for the next 100 years.