Bugging out\things to consider

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
Flash
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Bugging out\things to consider

Post by Flash »

Form up a protective association with as many of your neighbors as you can and hunker down. Some locations are better for that than others, as an example a culdesac type of area but most can adapt to it.

Talk to your neighbors about having a minimum 6 months worth of food and water and medical supplies if at all possible and also about firearms and ammunition in sufficient quantities. Let them know you won't be supporting them and they'll have to carry their own weight.

knockonit

Post by knockonit »

What it all boils down to is to have a plan, and an alternate plan, and discuss with like minded folks, bugging out in this area (meaning phoenix) just means sitting on a road somewhere in a clusterfudge of traffic, and dealing with the utmost stupidity of man that will be prevalent.

I do know of ways out of phoenix, takes a four wheeler, and suspect quite a few know of them, but where ya gonna go once you get there, aw.................there is that planning thing again

I think one would be safer in the city versus on the road, especially if one has back up, and if planned correctly one would.

One has to remember the majority of folks will not survive long at all, they will perish by the handfulls, all over, problem at that point will be the sanitary conditions of the area you choose to live in and survive in,
Its really kinda funny, cause most think it may be a short time, most don't know how to feed themselves without a micky ds. or a circle jerk around the corner, or a frys, just saying.

One will quickly discover what the evil of man will be capable of, and if you wish to survive, you will become something that you never dreamed of being. Its alife changer, trying to survive, anyplace, anytime.
just the way it will be, and here's hoping it never comes to it.
Rj
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

Well yeah, I did see those cars but a few patrol cars placed in strategic places, or even portable barricades on on-ramps would keep those cars out. What is more important, evacuating hundreds of thousands of people or keeping a three lane freeway open for a few that want to go into the city? they can use local roads IMO. als once the lanes are filled with a mass of cars, most would think twice about going the wrong way against them.
JMO
azmp5

Post by azmp5 »

My g/f and I talk about this kind of a thing (SHTF / Bug out) every now and again. The "bad" part is in all honesty, we just have to much "stuff" we would have to take. BEST case, we are able to load up my truck with all the guns/ammo. I still go back and forth on how "valuable" the reloading stuff would be, but if you include the presses that AND the components, the bed of the truck will be full.. and then some. We should be able to get the food/water in mt g/fs car as well as misc stuff. *** really just depends on how much time we have.

On a plus side, a good friend of mine who we have talked about this stuff before, only lives a mile down the road and has a truck as well. so between the 3 of us, and with enough time (2-3 hours) we should be able to load up all 3 vehicles with most of what we need.

I do find it "funny" cause whenever the "world coming to an end" talk comes up between regular friends or coworkers, they always joke saying, "all i know is im going to your house." yet I always have the same answer.... if you know me, you know I wont be there. We have 1 main place we r going thats about 10 miles away and out first pick. we have 2 back up spots but they are much more of a drive.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

If your only 10 miles from your bugout location then you should be able to make several trips... or even just move there.
Get a trailer and expand your trucks capacity.
You could pick up an extra reloading setup and stash it.
You could pre-load a whole bunch of ammo and have it in cans to take or stash it too.
You could pack a couple Lee Loaders and do what yo need by hand.
I can't see a problem not taking the reload gear. You will need plenty of components so stock up on primers, powder and lead.
azmp5

Post by azmp5 »

We do have a trailer...but its ar her moms house. Haha.

As far as the reloading stuff, I'm sure I'd be taking it. I'm already in the market for a other safe JUST for my ammo. Im sitting on approx (completed rounds) 20k 5.56, 15k 9mm (mostly 147gr), 7k 45 acp, 20k .22 LR and 3k 12g (mix of all 3 types). I have other rounds made but most of my precision stuff it's only a few 100 rounds at best. Component wise I'm sitting on a s*** ton of primers and bullets . Powder is where I'm really lacking.

But again, add this stuff and my guns and other misc... it's why 1 vehicle will b filled up with this stuff alone.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

SHTF fantasies aside, bugging out absent a prearranged, welcoming destination...is simply becoming a refugee.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

azmp5 wrote: July 15th, 2018, 9:17 pm My g/f and I talk about this kind of a thing (SHTF / Bug out) every now and again. The "bad" part is in all honesty, we just have to much "stuff" we would have to take. BEST case, we are able to load up my truck with all the guns/ammo. I still go back and forth on how "valuable" the reloading stuff would be, but if you include the presses that AND the components, the bed of the truck will be full.. and then some. We should be able to get the food/water in mt g/fs car as well as misc stuff. *** really just depends on how much time we have.

On a plus side, a good friend of mine who we have talked about this stuff before, only lives a mile down the road and has a truck as well. so between the 3 of us, and with enough time (2-3 hours) we should be able to load up all 3 vehicles with most of what we need.

I do find it "funny" cause whenever the "world coming to an end" talk comes up between regular friends or coworkers, they always joke saying, "all i know is im going to your house." yet I always have the same answer.... if you know me, you know I wont be there. We have 1 main place we r going thats about 10 miles away and out first pick. we have 2 back up spots but they are much more of a drive.
Sorry but if you are only 10 miles outside the Phoenix Metro Area, you do not have a viable bug out location. What you have is a resupply point for the rest of the 1.6 million people swarming out of the city.
azmp5

Post by azmp5 »

Me vs 1.6 million yeah...I'd lose. At the same time the place out on buckeye is pretty remote farm land. Rare to see someone on the road(s) out there.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

azmp5 wrote: July 20th, 2018, 11:22 pm Me vs 1.6 million yeah...I'd lose. At the same time the place out on buckeye is pretty remote farm land. Rare to see someone on the road(s) out there.
In "normal" times. SHTF where everyone is trying to get out of Dodge (Phoenix) will be another matter entirely. Once the 10 becomes a parking lot people will swarm out on any road they can find.

And again 10 miles outside a city of 1.6 million is NOT remote.
azmp5

Post by azmp5 »

Maybe more than 10 miles then. It's a small drive when you take the 10 south to get out there.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

azmp5 wrote: July 21st, 2018, 1:45 pm Maybe more than 10 miles then. It's a small drive when you take the 10 south to get out there.
Do you mean Buckeye, AZ (with all that green and water) over by Wintersburg or some other location with that name?

You are definitely NOT going to be as alone there as you think if Phoenix tries to empty out.

The accepted rule of thumb over on survivalistboards (where they take this kind of stuff VERY seriously) is 100 miles away per 1 million inhabitants of a city.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Flash wrote: July 14th, 2018, 6:41 am Here's a picture of people bugging out during Katrina.

Do you see how the on coming traffic lane is wide open???Everyone's mistake was not taking the other side of the road