Shipping Backlog

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
Dauph
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Shipping Backlog

Post by Dauph »

XJThrottle wrote: October 19th, 2021, 12:27 pm There was TP at Costco on Sunday.
Aren’t they limiting the quantity again?

My vendors are having some issues getting simple items like oil filters.

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Dauph wrote: October 19th, 2021, 3:59 pm
XJThrottle wrote: October 19th, 2021, 12:27 pm There was TP at Costco on Sunday.
Aren’t they limiting the quantity again?

My vendors are having some issues getting simple items like oil filters.
Dunno, the GF went. I try to stay out of there.
Electric303

Post by Electric303 »

xerts1191 wrote: October 19th, 2021, 10:52 am What are the store shelves looking like in your neck of the woods? Not much of a change in NW AZ
There are some bare spots where some specific product is sold out but the shelves in the Casa Grande grocery store are still mostly stocked. Certainly nothing like the bare shelves we saw last year...so far. On the other hand, I have canned good orders from Walmart that have been delayed for over a week. However, Amazon orders have been delivered within a day of their original ETA. Perhaps that's due to Amazon having its own delivery vehicles while Walmart is dependent on UPS and FedEx.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

That’s me, can’t stand going to the store, wife gives me the run down on the weekly happening’s at the stores, seems today paper products were getting thinned out, some canned goods are missing from the shelves, have to get a bank loan to buy meat.
Dauph

Post by Dauph »

https://www.businessinsider.com/shippin ... es-2021-11

China is imposing quarantines of up to 7 weeks for cargo ship crew, and it's bad news for the supply chain
kptaylor

Post by kptaylor »

The bigger issue is here - longshoremen and truckers. Can't get enough people to unload and truck the goods out. Ships are piling up in port.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

The shortages are getting interesting.

Here's a post a friend shared on another forum I frequent.

I'm upgrading my electrical service, and a few days ago an engineer from the utility came out to inspect the work. I really like living in a place where it is the utility and not some local bureaucrat who does the inspections. The utility has skin in the game.

He wanted some metal fittings where my electrician was planning to use PVC. My electrician explained that those fittings just weren't available in metal, and rattled off a list of the places he had checked. The utility engineer relented and approved the PVC. Try that with a town inspector!

This provoked a discussion of shortages in electrical hardware. The utility guy told us about a major new property development, a 5,000 acre ranch being set up with streets, utilities, etc. The developer had just been told that the meter sockets were 56 weeks delivery!

Meter sockets are a simple metal box with some molded plastic parts and smallish electrical connections inside to hold the meter. The developer is frantic; no meters, no occupancy, and waiting over a year will wreck his plans and his finances.

We've reached the stage where the shortages are not just in consumer goods, but in those goods further up the chain of production that enable the production of consumer goods.
We've also reached the stage where scrounging for troves of once-common parts is becoming the norm.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

And its about to get much worse.

Starting January 15th, 2022, truckers must show a proof of vaccine to cross the Canada/US borders. Since March 2020, drivers were considered “essential”. They could cross the border without a covid test or the vaccine. Under Biden/Trudeau administration, this is about to change.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/bl ... eparation/
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Suck My Glock wrote: January 10th, 2022, 5:32 am And its about to get much worse.

Starting January 15th, 2022, truckers must show a proof of vaccine to cross the Canada/US borders. Since March 2020, drivers were considered “essential”. They could cross the border without a covid test or the vaccine. Under Biden/Trudeau administration, this is about to change.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/bl ... eparation/
Most truckers I talk to absolutely refuse to get jabbed. That is not an industry to push around, think stuff is hard to get now, wait til the trucks stop rolling. And to think its one of the most isolated jobs you can have too. Most of the time your in the cab by yourself, even at time of pick up and delivery they are not around alot of people. Makes no logic to force a vaccine on a truck driver other then control and digging that hole deeper and deeper with every rule and mandate.
McKnight55

Post by McKnight55 »

Interesting article. The comment section gets into a "trusting your neighbor discussion" .

DC Asks Shoppers to Start Rationing Food: Is This Just the Beginning?

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/rationing-food/

"Farmers are being paid to not produce, are being ordered to dump their product to rot on the side of the road, meat is being regulated out of existence, people are being banned from trucking food into the country, and food processing plants are coercing people out of their jobs (and then facing inexplicable labor shortages).

America seems to now be facing a food shortage.

What did you expect?"
delta6

Post by delta6 »

McKnight55 wrote: January 27th, 2022, 12:43 pm
"Farmers are being paid to not produce..............,
Man... if only this was true....
McKnight55

Post by McKnight55 »

delta6 wrote: January 27th, 2022, 2:16 pm

https://www.governing.com/now/the-biden ... ot-to-farm

The goal is to add 4 million acres of farmland to the Conservation Reserve Program, which takes land out of production to blunt agriculture’s environmental impact.

The Biden administration announced on Wednesday that it would expand a program that pays farmers to leave land fallow, part of a broader, government-wide effort to cut greenhouse gas emissions in half by 2030. The new initiative will incentivize farmers to take land out of production by raising rental rates and incentive payments.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

McKnight55 wrote: January 27th, 2022, 4:20 pm

The goal is to add 4 million acres of farmland to the Conservation Reserve Program, which takes land out of production to blunt agriculture’s environmental impact.

The Biden administration announced on Wednesday that it would expand a program that pays farmers to leave land fallow, part of a broader, government-wide effort to cut greenhouse gas emissions in half by 2030. The new initiative will incentivize farmers to take land out of production by raising rental rates and incentive payments.
Mr. McKnight55,
I am a farmer. I have a partner that has 40 sections.. so he is not a small farmer. Guys like you, are always posting s*** that "gets the headlines" but have little understanding of the complete picture. Read the bill. Get a copy of the agreement between the farmer and the Fed and then come back here and post something that has relevance. You probably should apply for a job at CNN or MSNBC. You fit the mold and I would gladly write a recommendation for you. Don't be a dolt!!
Noshoot

Post by Noshoot »

Pwned
McKnight55

Post by McKnight55 »

delta6 wrote: January 27th, 2022, 5:31 pm
McKnight55 wrote: January 27th, 2022, 4:20 pm

Mr. McKnight55,
I am a farmer. I have a partner that has 40 sections.. so he is not a small farmer. Guys like you, are always posting s*** that "gets the headlines" but have little understanding of the complete picture. Read the bill. Get a copy of the agreement between the farmer and the Fed and then come back here and post something that has relevance. You probably should apply for a job at CNN or MSNBC. You fit the mold and I would gladly write a recommendation for you. Don't be a dolt!!
Comrade,

You forgot to call me a racist.

"You probably should apply for a job at CNN or MSNBC. You fit the mold and I would gladly write a recommendation for you. Don't be a dolt!!"

Rules For Radicals #5.

https://bolenreport.com/saul-alinskys-1 ... -radicals/

"Read the bill. Get a copy of the agreement between the farmer and the Fed and then come back here and post something that has relevance."

Which part or maybe you could edumicate me.

I just watched this speech by the HMFIC of the USDA . His emphasis seems to be on a climate change agenda and the
Center for Excellence in Climate Change. From what I can tell, it is run by the U.N.