Shipping Backlog

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
r0ttie1
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Shipping Backlog

Post by r0ttie1 »

Suck My Glock wrote: October 19th, 2021, 2:45 pm So far, its just the little things. But the little things add up.

A friend of mine ordered a particular propane-fueled generator 5 months ago. He specifically selected a made-in-the-USA model to avoid the shortages that have been plaguing Chinese origin products. He was told it would be delivered in 2 months. But "Made-In-The-USA", legally speaking, still allows for a certain percentage of foreign parts. And wouldn't you know it, here he is 5 months later and only now getting the generator he was promised would arrive 3 months ago because the few crucial Chinese parts were unavailable to complete assembly.
I can't get a oil change kit for mine. Being told end of March.

McKnight55

Post by McKnight55 »

Mr. McKnight55,
I am a farmer. I have a partner that has 40 sections.. so he is not a small farmer. Guys like you, are always posting s*** that "gets the headlines" but have little understanding of the complete picture. Read the bill. Get a copy of the agreement between the farmer and the Fed and then come back here and post something that has relevance. You probably should apply for a job at CNN or MSNBC. You fit the mold and I would gladly write a recommendation for you. Don't be a dolt!!

I'm still not sure what part of the bill you are referencing,but I did find some fun facts.

Do you remember when Trump removed us from the Paris Agreement?

Well it looks like we will rejoin the agreement:

ttps://treaties.un.org/Pages/ViewDetails.aspx?src=IND&mtdsg_no=XXVII-7-d&chapter=27&clang=_en

On 3 September 2016, the Government of the United States of America deposited its instrument of acceptance of the Agreement. See C.N.612.2016.TREATIES-XXVII.7.d of 3 September 2016. On 4 November 2019, the Government of the United States of America notified the Secretary-General of its decision to withdraw from the Agreement which took effect on 4 November 2020 in accordance with article 28 (1) and (2) of the Agreement. See C.N.575.2019.TREATIES-XXVII.7.d of 4 November 2019. On 20 January 2021, the Government of the United States of America deposited its instrument of acceptance of the Agreement. See C.N.10.2021.TREATIES-XXVII.7.d of 20 January 2021.

On 20 January 2021, the Government of the United States of America deposited its instrument of acceptance of the Agreement. See C.N.10.2021.TREATIES-XXVII.7.d of 20 January 2021.O

Like I said, the Center of Excellence on Climate Change is a U.N. program.

https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopme ... daptation/

This from NPR :

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/sto ... 20wildlife.

Yet the CRP is not universally loved. Businesses that sell farm products don't like it, because taking land out of production reduces demand for fertilizer, pesticides, tractors and fuel. Farmers often confess to feeling odd about a program that pays them not to practice their profession. And environmentalists say the program falls far short of its potential. There would be more benefit to the environment, they say, if the USDA could focus on particular rivers or wildlife habitats and convince farmers in those areas to enroll large blocks of land in the CRP.

Farmers, though, often have other things in mind.

"Most of the landowners who come in and sign up don't really ask, 'What is my payment going to be?'" says Harkrader. They say, 'I've got this problem area, I don't know what to do with it. It's an odd shape. It's out of the way. It doesn't fit my equipment.' They're looking to get rid of their problem areas." -- Dan Charles

Land that no longer produces...pipelines that no longer move oil...shipping backlogs that create shortages.
Dauph

Post by Dauph »

https://thenationalpulse.com/2022/02/07 ... heres-why/

NELLES: Those ‘Transitory’ Supply Chain Issues? Uh, They’re Here for a While, And Here’s Why…