Slingshots !

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
Ballistic Therapy
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Slingshots !

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Keep practicing and you could be like Rufus Hussey.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=sling+shot+ma ... LSQ5wjYBSo

Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Well the old lady and I were out back shooting .. first .. the Scout LT slingshot is about the coolest little thing there is. For under $40 it is a freagin blast to shoot and easy to learn how.

Second .. my wife KICKED MY A$$ yesterday. At about 7 yds she was on fire. In my life and death struggles after the societal break down ... she will be the one to put a squirrel in the pot. :mrgreen:

Have to be nicer to her or Im going to go hungry
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

I always carried a sling shot and or a sling, for chucking rocks in canyons when white tail hunting, them little suckas could hide under a rock, sure saved ones arm, learned that after one season chucking clunkers to run'm out,
in someone hands thats got their number could be one deadly weapon
Rj
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Boriqua wrote: February 20th, 2021, 12:49 pm Ok .. so anyone still following along.... Here is my target box. Cost under $10 and I can bring it anywhere. All the ammo hits the tee shirt and falls in the box and the target is the bottom of a coffee can. Wife and I just finished chucking a bunch of rocks at the target. Think I may have to move up to paint can lid but it is a goof!!

Took the wife about 20 pebbles but she managed to nail the target at about 5 yds

IMG_20210220_122938843_HDR_copy_979x1305.jpg

IMG_20210220_122932137_HDR_copy_979x1305.jpg

IMG_20210220_122921111_HDR_copy_979x1305.jpg
:clap:
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: February 21st, 2021, 7:44 pm Keep practicing and you could be like Rufus Hussey.
👍🏽
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: February 21st, 2021, 7:44 pm Keep practicing and you could be like Rufus Hussey.
I am pretty sure rufus has a 60 year head start on me!! :mrgreen:

Still .. an awesome video.

Was out there today for a few as some dye dried and was killing a coffee can lid at 32 feet using 3/8 clay balls.

Not "Rufus" but since its about the 5th time I have ever held a slingshot .. I am pretty happy with it.

If you are good with a handgun and your shoulders arent messed up you can pick this up quick.

So since most of us are gear junkies. Here is my new toy
sling small.jpg
My wife has been having so much fun .. we just ordered one for her own! She likes to shoot over the forks but after years of shooting guns it didnt feel like a natural aim point for me so I shoot through the forks.

Gotta love a woman how gets diagnosed with cancer and instead of crying wants a slingshot!
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

alright in my new found fondness for slingshots I found this .... Amazing shot .. AND

I would let her infect me with the 5G repeatedly!! :dance:

Oh .. turn off the sound .. you grump asses will die if you dont.

baja

Post by baja »

Well, you guys got to me.

After reading this thread I picked up a Scout LT. Lots of fun so far.

Boriqua I like your target, I think I'll make one up.

Here's a pic of mine:
20210318_230030_compress29.jpg
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

baja wrote: March 31st, 2021, 10:20 pm Well, you guys got to me.

Here's a pic of mine:

I upgraded my target some and will get a new pic. Same basic idea but I am using a leather target as the coffee lid gets dinged to fast and I went to an old towel for the stop. Works great!

The baked clay balls hold up well for ammo and they are cheap. If you miss the box entirely no worries as the clay just breaks down.

The wife and I are still out back messing with the slingshots at least 4 days a week. Just to much fun and we just take the target box out of the shed and put it on a dinner tray and you can shot anywhere. We even tied our first pouch but man those black bands last a good long time!
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

baja wrote: March 31st, 2021, 10:20 pm Well, you guys got to me.

Here's a pic of mine:

Alright some thing I learned through trial and error on the target box. So first .. why a target box .. well you can hang on to your ammo for starters and you can shot virtually anywhere you can put the box without damaging anything. Even indoors if you were so inclined.

My box is now working out great. The box itself was gotten at Lowes and I believe with lid was under $7. It is aprox. 14.5 deep and about 25 inches high.

I cut out the flat portion of the lid but left the raised edge to help with rigidity in the wind and it keeps the ammo for the most part in the box. The opening that was left is about 13" wide by 19" high

The fabric has to be far enough away from the back to "catch" the ammo. My first attempt was to close to the back but I found at 6" from the back it works great. The target is about 4.5 inches in from of the fabric.

The fabric needs to be straight across the top so my Tee shirt didnt work well as it would bunch up in the middle. I used some safety pins and terry cloth rag I had to keep it straight across the para cord.

The fabric should just just be above the floor but not touch it. You want the fabric to catch the ammo and it needs to move.

I love the coffee can lids but they would last about two sessions with the wife and I and then were to dinged up to use but they do make a satisfying sound and are easy to see. The ragged edge hole was also chewing up my para cord. There are commercially available plastic targets but ... I kind of have some leather around. If the target is to heavy then when you score hits they bounce off and land up outside the box so a light target is better. A single piece of leather worked out well because it swings out of the way, offers a good THWACK sound and for the most part with direct hits the ammo stays in the box. Of course all your misses, that go in the box, hit the towel and just drop to the floor. When you run out of ammo in your pocket just put the box on its back and give it a shake to gather it in a corner and take your ammo back out.

I have been using this mainly although I have steel as well

The clay balls are tough and will take a couple good direct hits on target before they start to lose the cover. The misses are clean because they only hit the fabric. If you miss the box entirely .. so what the clay will disintegrate with sun and rain.

I cant believe that I hadnt done this sooner!! Low cost fun if your in to all things target. A lot of the fundamentals of shooting like grip and stance come into play.
IMG_20210401_094608536_HDR_copy_979x1305.jpg
IMG_20210401_094536321_HDR_copy_979x1305.jpg
IMG_20210401_094545786_HDR_copy_979x1305.jpg
ooda

Post by ooda »

For self defense Steel ball bearings and marbles.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Giddy up go.
Attachments
Dumb joke.jpg
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

A MILESTONE!

Ok not a mile but a measured shot of 48ft last night. 4 attempts and two solid strikes on the target with a satisfying thwack at 48ft on a 3inch leather target. Man this is fun. Oh .. and cheap fun
target small.JPG
was21

Post by was21 »

A regular ‘rican Dennis the Menace in the making😂
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

was21 wrote: April 18th, 2021, 11:05 am A regular ‘rican Dennis the Menace in the making😂
lol!! :lol:

Next time your over you will have to give it a go!