Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
Steve_In_29
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: What is your SHTF side arm?

Post by Steve_In_29 »

weever82 wrote: October 24th, 2018, 8:07 am What is your sh*t hits the fan weapon of choice? Something your comfortable with, reliable and accurate.

I have been debating this lately with my buddies and you can't go too wrong with a Glock 19. It carries well, a few parts to repair if needed and ultra reliable.

Thoughts?

Glock perfection....on it's 5th generation so apparently "perfect" still needs improvement.

Probably one of my 1911s or a revolver. Though unlike you city folks, where I live we might not notice the S has HTF for a bit.

AR-15Man

Post by AR-15Man »

Glock 19
Twobadazbrothers

Post by Twobadazbrothers »

Glock 17 gen 3
Aztrails-rider
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Aztrails-rider »

Well......seeing as how the entire SHTF scenario is riddled with logic holes and unforseable variables not to mention that if your not holding one when its needed or within reasonable proximity to its storage( i.e.....you can take several big ass steps to reach it) then i can only hazzard a guess......a solid steel revolver such as a GP100 or possibly any of the capable lead dispensers made by Smith and Wesson will do. I carry a .44 special as well as a 10mm and a .357. All are quite capable of solid social work and putting tucker in the pot.

But i live full time in an RV and store some of my guns at my homes. They are a fair distance apart thus the "what you have at the time" argument