We are trained for the wrong fight

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

We are trained for the wrong fight

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://gunfreezone.net/we-are-trained- ... ong-fight/

Posted on September 7, 2020 by Miguel.GFZ
We are trained for the wrong fight.

Go read The Silicon Graybeard’s post and then come back.

Our training up to now has been CCW as related to violent crime inflicted upon us or our loved ones. We never trained for organized mobs with legal (upfront or tacit) government support.

Flash

Re: We are trained for the wrong fight

Post by Flash »

Well, Kyle did very well with little to no training against mobs so perhaps if you have some training of your instincts and awareness you'll be okay.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Excellent article.

My three takeaways:

1. We need to get over the myth that "you can't shoot an unarmed person." The justification/self-defense statutes (everywhere) say that you can defend yourself against "deadly force," not "deadly weapon." "Deadly force" is defined as "likely to cause death or serious bodily injury." 600-700 people are killed every year by "unarmed" people using "only" punches, kicks, and strangulation. Doubtless many more are seriously injured, with broken jaws and eye sockets, paralysis, crushed testicles, and lacerated livers. If Rittenhouse had not shot the "unarmed" punk, what would that punk have done? Tried to debate him? Tried to reason with him and persuade him to join the Black Lives Matter cause? If Rittenhouse had not shot that punk, he would have been seriously injured or killed, with fists and feet, or perhaps shot with his own gun.

2. Unlike most criminals, antifa/BLM thugs don't always scatter when the first shot is fired. They are fanatics who will continue to attack.

3. We must accept that The Authorities will be on the side of the terrorists/criminals. It will literally be a choice between "being tried by 12 or carried by 6.," death/serious injury or jail. Most of us will choose jail.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Good read thanks for posting.

I have been rethinking everything self defense myself, times have changed there are new/different threats in this crazy year.

On item #2 above - yes not only do they not run, they will advance on someone carrying an AR....how stupid does someone have to be to do that...freaking crazy!
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Tenring wrote: September 12th, 2020, 6:42 pm not only do they not run, they will advance on someone carrying an AR....how stupid does someone have to be to do that...freaking crazy!
Zombies
Flash

Post by Flash »

Tenring wrote: September 12th, 2020, 6:42 pm On item #2 above - yes not only do they not run, they will advance on someone carrying an AR....how stupid does someone have to be to do that...freaking crazy!
I have a lot of experience with urban youths (the amish) and this is something they will do every time. I guess the Antifa guys and girls have learned from them.

This clip from American Gangster shows that mindset vividly. If you pull a gun or knife on them, you have to use it as they'll call your bluff every time.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Japanese Samurai code Bushido - The only solution for bad and violent people are good people that are more skilled in violence.

Simple and to the point.
xerts1911

Post by xerts1911 »

Great posts
Great posts
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

depends on your philosophy or your understanding if you want to survive. I've one rule, followed it a long time, got to over 72 times around the sun with it, so. gonna stick to it. hehehe, too bad i'm not a whole bunch younger, i'd stand the post as long as needed. Now me legs would just give out. lol

happy sunday, just glad to be here.
Rj
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

New carbine stage I designed: The shooter will start with back to target at a distance of one yard. On signal (preferably a gun shot instead of a beep) turn and engage T1 with 4-8 rounds, then run 250 yards, assume supine position, and engage T2 and T3 with one round each, at a distance of one yard.
was21

Post by was21 »

That’s the problem with training for a specific event.... old buddy Murphy will see that it won’t happen the way you ‘trained’ it.

A fight is a fight is a fight.... if you didn’t game the scenario.. SO WHAT!
... if you aren’t carrying the appropriate weapon.... SO WHAT!

Musashi said it best.... 3 ‘S’ rule.... stupid people/stupid places/stupid things.... avoid.... and when you can’t.... FIGHT.
(May have paraphrased/plagiarized/misquoted that! ) 🤣😂

Everybody wants to know the answer before the question is asked and it probably isn’t going to be the question you thought it would be.
Specialization is for insects. Heinlein
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

When you train, you should train skills, not necessarily scenarios... learn to shoot while walking L-R-F-B, learn to shoot-run-cover-shoot, learn to shoot from high, from low, across a hood, out a window while seated...
Then when your scenario unfolds, you will have some previous practice you can apply...
tlieberman240

Post by tlieberman240 »

Training drills help work on body mechanics and understanding the sequence of events to do things. You aren't necessarily practicing for THAT EXACT scenario.

Follow up shots, transitions to/from pistol and rifle, tac mags, emergency reloads, moving to/from cover, shooting from odd/off balanced positions, identifying and engaging targets in day AND night, proper use of white light, malfunctions, shooting on the move, etc.

All are good things to work on, and can be in a variety of different ways using different drills.