4/29/2020 - John Correia, Lessons Learned from Analyzing 25,000 Gunfights - Online Version *NEW CLASS 5/14/2020*

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
AJS214
ArizonaShooting.org Member

4/29/2020 - John Correia, Lessons Learned from Analyzing 25,000 Gunfights - Online Version *NEW CLASS 5/14/2020*

Post by AJS214 »

Class description and registration:
https://activeselfprotection.com/shop/o ... 2020-copy/

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 5:00pm-8:00PM MST

Some of you might know about Active Self Protection/Extra on YouTube, some of you might have run into John at the range, and some of you might have known him before any of it blew up on the internet.

For ten dollars, you get a live YouTube stream version of this class, which he usually does in person around the country. There will be a link to a PDF of the material, and you can ask questions via the live chat. The unlisted link you will get by email to log into the stream should be able to work in the future if you want to watch the recording at a later date.

If you regularly watch his main channel (he queues uploads for seven days a week, what he goes over probably won't be new to you, but new or not this is a decent summary of about 20 points that he may normally only cover three of in a single narrated video, and normally not with as much detail.

I took this lecture at an earlier date this week. I believe it is well worth your money whether you are more experienced and want to brush up on your knowledge, or if you (or someone else you know!) are a new gun owner in the current circumstances and want to start learning.
Last edited by AJS214 on May 14th, 2020, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TacMedic

Re: 4/29/2020 - John Correia, Lessons Learned from Analyzing 25,000 Gunfights - Online Version

Post by TacMedic »

How long does the lifestream last for? If you can watch it on your own time, that would be best. But I’m just wondering how long the class is. Thanks for the recommendation!
AJS214

Re: 4/29/2020 - John Correia, Lessons Learned from Analyzing 25,000 Gunfights - Online Version

Post by AJS214 »

TacMedic wrote: April 18th, 2020, 1:38 am How long does the lifestream last for? If you can watch it on your own time, that would be best. But I’m just wondering how long the class is. Thanks for the recommendation!
You're much welcome.
The stream lasts as long as described in the class description, which is three hours. People were able to log on and comment for about a half hour prior to the start time when John, and his co-instructors Neil and Steph Weidner appeared on screen.
Geekmedic

Post by Geekmedic »

Good stuff thanks for the heads-up. I've been watching his videos for a couple of years now and I like the way he approaches things.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Ok I don't understand what all the hub bub is about. Has anyone read his back ground. All he has been is a student all his life. So this guy dissects videos of actual incidents on the street and he has no formal back ground to do it. There just his opinions. None of which have no real world experience and a mediocre shooter at best. People pay this guy. Unbelievable. Sorry to poo poo everyone's dream guy, but someone had to.
AJS214

Post by AJS214 »

I'm certainly familiar with his background, as we have run into each other at many training classes, some of which he has hosted. A common trait of good teachers is that they remain perpetual students.

Formal background is listed his site biography, which includes the Force Science Institute. He is one of the few, if not the only one who has taken their training without an LE background, as it is usually a closed enrollment sort of thing.

I've seen him shoot. I certainly wouldn't describe him as mediocre, if we are keeping his performance in context with what would be adequate for civilian defensive encounters with a handgun. Keep in mind he does not edit his footage to only show his best-looking results.

He's not everyone's dream guy. He is, however, a decent trainer reputable among other trainers and students like myself.

While you may have an objection with the person delivering the content, I would suggest you set that aside to ask yourself if you have any objections to the messages being given in the actual content itself. Of course nobody ever agrees with each other 100% in everything, though.

Since you said you don't understand what he's about, if you do want to understand, I'd be happy to PP you the ten dollars to take this online class so you can see for yourself. If you ended up changing your mind about what he has to say, great. If not, then you gave it a fair shake.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

John is putting out quality education
I regularly watch his vids, and have learned a lot, including all facets of self defense, not just shooting.
zonie77

Post by zonie77 »

I watch a lot of his videos from security cameras around the world and I definitely stay in condition yellow a lot more because of them. I would definitely be interested i a livestream of his class.
AJS214

Post by AJS214 »

Just one last heads-up for a reminder for anyone thinking about getting in on this.
vvalter_vvhite

Post by vvalter_vvhite »

Is he the guy who drives a maroon sports car?
Basher

Post by Basher »

AJS214 wrote: April 28th, 2020, 7:50 pm Just one last heads-up for a reminder for anyone thinking about getting in on this.
The course description doesn’t indicate that future access will be possible with the link they provide. I’m definitely interested in watching what I can, but may not be able to watch all three hours. Is this confirmed info? I mean, for $10, it would be worth it just for an hour, but still... :lol:
AJS214

Post by AJS214 »

Basher, just confirming future access is there, since we are given unlisted links. I am double sure of this because Steph and Shannon had to create a new one from the previous class earlier this month, as YouTube was playing their silly striking games, and they asked us to check to make sure the new unlisted link was valid.

vvalter_vvhite - I don't remember his car color but his license plate is ASP GUY.

AZ1182 - No he did not, unfortunately.
Basher

Post by Basher »

AJS214 wrote: April 29th, 2020, 3:49 pm Basher, just confirming future access is there, since we are given unlisted links. I am double sure of this because Steph and Shannon had to create a new one from the previous class earlier this month, as YouTube was playing their silly striking games, and they asked us to check to make sure the new unlisted link was valid.

vvalter_vvhite - I don't remember his car color but his license plate is ASP GUY.

AZ1182 - No he did not, unfortunately.
Awesome, just signed up. I’m still at work, so I’ll definitely miss a good bit, but knowing I can watch it later (albeit without the live, interactive portion) means I’ve got something to look forward to this weekend. :lol: Thanks!
AJS214

Re: 4/29/2020 - John Correia, Lessons Learned from Analyzing 25,000 Gunfights - Online Version *NEW CLASS 5/14/2020*

Post by AJS214 »

Another one coming up for those of who you missed last month.

Wednesday, May 27th, 2020, 5:00PM-8:00PM

https://activeselfprotection.com/shop/o ... -may-2020/

Just a recap of what you get for ten dollars:
- Live streaming lecture on YouTube with John Correia, with Q&A in the chat.
- Download link to PDF of the lecture slides
- Session recording accessible afterward via unlisted link

For those of you who did it last month, feel free to give any positive/negative feedback to help inform anyone interested in this to decide if it's worth their while.