Independence Training course discount codes

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
Medjay
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Independence Training course discount codes

Post by Medjay »

Wanted to share a pretty large discount code for Independence Training. This code is good for all courses until further notice. If you've ever wanted to get more firearms training, refresh your training or take your skill to the next level here's a chance to so that.

check out indpependencetraining.com, select a course and enter CORONAANDLIME at checkout.

Train hard, freedom on

Elk34
Banned
Banned

Re: Independence Training course discount codes

Post by Elk34 »

I just looked at their prices. No way in hell would I do that.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

Elk34 wrote: March 29th, 2020, 4:50 pm I just looked at their prices. No way in hell would I do that.
They are well worth the money.
DRTDIVR

Post by DRTDIVR »

Glen is a good guy and I've enjoyed his classes. Well worth the money. You will be shooting. I can't emphasize this enough. None of his classes are the "Let me tell you all kinds of stories about how awesome I am" type.

Cost of Training: So many people complain about the cost of training so they do very little of it and keep buying guns. I'd rather be the guy with 1 or 2 guns and tons of training with those guns than the guy with an arsenal but very little training. You can't shoot all those guns at the same time in a gun fight hoping all those rounds hit the bad guys.

I'm actually surprised he is still offering classes with the whole Corona Craze.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Just read the hand gun course 350 rds for a 8 hr day is not exactly a high count training day.
DRTDIVR

Post by DRTDIVR »

Elk34 wrote: March 29th, 2020, 5:53 pm Just read the hand gun course 350 rds for a 8 hr day is not exactly a high count training day.
His Defensive Handgun or Carbine is $225 bucks so with the discount you're at $157 bucks. That is not expensive training. Ammo count is given as a minimum and it's actually higher than most. I've been considering going to Valor Ridge after this Corona Craze is over and he only requires 300 rounds of ammunition per day. High round count is not a sign of effective training. Standing on a square range just firing at the same paper target in the same stance all day is not advancing the skills of those who already have basic fundamentals. Regardless of what some "YouTube Instructors" say, ALL firearms training should focus on making your hits while putting you under some form of stress. Glen adds movement, time, various shoot/no shoot targets, etc. Instead of finding reasons not to train with someone who has excellent reviews, give him a shot while he's 30% off.

I wouldn't typically give someone a raving review when it comes to training but Glen/Independence training is the only company I've training with where I actually want to spend the money and take the same class as a refresher ever year. His training is actually a really great value and he offers a huge discount if you want to retake the class.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

Elk34 wrote: March 29th, 2020, 5:53 pm Just read the hand gun course 350 rds for a 8 hr day is not exactly a high count training day.
Round count is a poor metric to judge a class by. I've done high round classes that were an absolute waste of my time. Some were great. Same with lower round counts.

The best training I've done didn't involve any live fire, but simunitions.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

When I went in I really didn't do any shooting at all. Basic had little training. I didn't get a lot until I was handed a flashlight and a 45 and told to.get in the hole. The only good training in my eyes is real training. No simulation. When you can die during training, that's the only time you listen and follow directions to the T.
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

Elk34 wrote: March 29th, 2020, 6:40 pm When I went in I really didn't do any shooting at all. Basic had little training. I didn't get a lot until I was handed a flashlight and a 45 and told to.get in the hole. The only good training in my eyes is real training. No simulation. When you can die during training, that's the only time you listen and follow directions to the T.
LOL

You are beyond retarded.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

I'm glad you think so.
DRTDIVR

Post by DRTDIVR »

I agree with Tim. Force on force training with simunitions is some of the very best training I've received. It's unfortunate that it's not more readily available to the masses.

I also agree with superdrag67.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

DRTDIVR wrote: March 29th, 2020, 8:13 pm I agree with Tim. Force on force training with simunitions is some of the very best training I've received. It's unfortunate that it's not more readily available to the masses.

I also agree with superdrag67.
Have you ever been on a 2 way range with real ammo? If so the idea of getting hurt, that didn't sharpen your senses?
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

Elk has never fired a gun after leaving the service. There is no point. He learned everything there is to know on the two way range. It's not possible to improve his skills any further. He could best any one of us in any type of scenario that involves shooting any type of weapon whether it be shotgun, pistol, carbine or black powder.
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

Back on track. Does it only work on the handgun courses? I just tried using it on the upcoming carbine course in April and no dice.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

Shoot Glenn an email and ask him.