Independence Training course discount codes

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Re: Independence Training course discount codes

Post by Elk34 »

superdrag67 wrote: March 29th, 2020, 9:02 pm Back on track. Does it only work on the handgun courses? I just tried using it on the upcoming carbine course in April and no dice.
Well I guess you got your answer :clap:

Medjay
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Medjay »

Sorry for the delay in checking in here but thanks for the posts and questions.

First, the code application at checkout glitch has been fixed. Feel free to sign up for everything you want, the code will work for all currently offered and scheduled curriculum. The glitch was happening with multiple items in the cart at the same time. Glad to see some of you signing up for more than one class.

Secondly, the purpose behind the code and the huge savings is because IT wants to give responsible lawful citizens the opportunity to get training and become more aware during this time of national uncertainty. I should have mentioned that in the original post.

As far as relevancy of training with regard to paper target vs force-on-force I am totally in agreement with whoever supports force on force to engage more realism and truly put their training to the test. However, IT uses UTM rounds for this type of training and those rounds are NOT inexpensive. IT would gladly put more of those courses out for open enrollment to the public if the existing classes (Close Contact Handgun, Entangled Handgun) were selling out and the interest from the public was there to substantiate more scheduled courses and additional courses to offer (CQC, Vehicle, etc).

I won't even entertain the comments made around "learning with a flashlight and a .45 in a hole" because that's just nonsensical and doesn't apply to any scenario that regular civilians would experience. If you want to openly discuss (meaning we trade learned knowledge, RELEVANT experiences and source potential solutions) why I think training with a variety of methodologies to account for is important I'm happy to do so.

Thanks everyone, see you all at the range
Last edited by Medjay on June 8th, 2020, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Well that was a very knowledgeable write up. Thank you .
AJS214

Post by AJS214 »

Mr. Stilson and his cadre offer the best quality and variety of training for the student's dollar. Sustainability of skills is something he harps on a lot and to that end he offers a 50% discount for any course you've repeated, which very few other instructors have, if any.
Gunslinger55

Post by Gunslinger55 »

If you think that is expensive try a big name school. Just say no to being an untrained dirt shooter :)
Gunslinger55

Post by Gunslinger55 »

I've taken classes with them. Great bang for the buck so to speak....

In fact now that I have a bunch of free time.....
Gunslinger55

Post by Gunslinger55 »

absoulutely...And some big name ones at that
Tim McBride wrote: March 29th, 2020, 6:34 pm
Elk34 wrote: March 29th, 2020, 5:53 pm Just read the hand gun course 350 rds for a 8 hr day is not exactly a high count training day.
Round count is a poor metric to judge a class by. I've done high round classes that were an absolute waste of my time. Some were great. Same with lower round counts.

The best training I've done didn't involve any live fire, but simunitions.
Gunslinger55

Post by Gunslinger55 »

Question:Is it better to be a returning student or discount code? Or both? Whats the deposit either way?

Thanks
Medjay wrote: March 29th, 2020, 2:31 pm Wanted to share a pretty large discount code for Independence Training. This code is good for all courses until further notice. If you've ever wanted to get more firearms training, refresh your training or take your skill to the next level here's a chance to so that.

check out indpependencetraining.com, select a course and enter CORONAANDLIME at checkout.

Train hard, freedom on
Medjay

Post by Medjay »

Gunslinger55 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 4:38 pm Question:Is it better to be a returning student or discount code? Or both? Whats the deposit either way?

Thanks
Returning students always receive 50% off regular tuition to take a refresher course they've already taken and passed. This is to promote consistent training since nobody can retain everything taught across a one, two or three day class. Ever. We have very experienced people and even our cadre that regularly stand in on courses as students and are treated as such so they can continue to refresh skills and learn new nuggets from others.

If you've never taken a course that you're interested in (even if you have taken other IT courses) I'd suggest going with the discount code.

I'm unsure about the deposit protocol, please refer to the website or email them directly for more clarity.
Gunslinger55

Post by Gunslinger55 »

Will do thanks
Medjay

Post by Medjay »

In case anyone is still interested, the coupon code is still live but it won't be for much longer as things slowly get back to normal.

Independence is being welcomed back quickly to the ranges it regularly uses and is required to follow prescribed protocol per each individual range but that's not slowing training down.

Don't forget that now there are more force-on-force classes that get into vehicles, daily operations and structures as well as more courses designed to help build skills as a CCW/constitutional carrier around firearms safety and an individual med component. And remember, if a course maxxes out Glen will bring in additional instructors to make sure the ratio of students to teachers stays low.

Code to use on the website when registering is CORONAANDLIME. Also remember that once you take ANY course w IT that you can always come back and take a refresher at your discretion for HALF OFF. Forever.

Hope to see you all on the range!
kmj831

Post by kmj831 »

Glen is a great guy, knowledgeable and a good teacher. I'm surprised to read that some think their prices are high? What prices are you seeing that are so much lower? My wife just did one of his carbine courses a few months ago and it was priced at or below anything else I found.... but admittedly, I haven't doing any training lately so not sure what's out there that is new.

Thanks for sharing the code.
AJS214

Post by AJS214 »

Glen has said on his podcast that once the discount period is over, he will also be raising his prices. It's been a long time coming, as most folks familiar with the logistics of hosting or running a class know that range fees have gone up for quite some time now.
kmj831

Post by kmj831 »

I just tried to buy Defensive Handgun and Defensive Carbine for my wife and I.... coupon code did not work. Bummer.
Medjay

Post by Medjay »

kmj831 wrote: June 30th, 2020, 3:28 pm I just tried to buy Defensive Handgun and Defensive Carbine for my wife and I.... coupon code did not work. Bummer.
Yeah code must be discontinued. Training classes are selling out right now. If you're able to I'd sign up as soon as you are able. Remember that once you complete any IT course that you can come back and take the same course in the future for half off of whatever the current registration fee is. Forever. Nobody else in the industry offers that.