Plate carrier question

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Plate carrier question

Post by Elk34 »

So how many magazines would you carry on your plate carrier. I know mission dictates what you carry., so enlighten me .

weenis
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Plate carrier question

Post by weenis »

A lot of people are running 7 total. 6 on body, 1 in gun. On the front of the carrier, there's usually spots for 3 or 4. People will run the remaining 2 or 3 on the plate carrier, cummerbund, on their belt, or any combination of the 3.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

7 total is the average. I run an old school Blackhawk chest rig, which can hold 7 plus the one in my rifle for 8.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

What's above average
tlieberman240

Post by tlieberman240 »

Mission/purpose dictates. 7 mags is believed to be the standard go to, but it honestly depends on what you're doing. I typically run 4 on the carrier and one on the belt for rifle, plus 2-4 more for pistol, depending on my loadout and whether I'm running AR or subgun.

Some pretty good videos done by Garand Thumb on YT that dives deeper into plate carrier setup.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

I run a proof research barreled SBR ar15 in 556 and my secondary is a G40.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

I usually have 3 or 4 made up for different scenarios and choose for mission . I sometimes need to change up my high cut Mich helmet its level 4 as well
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Negative. Read it again. My original question was, how many magazines people are carrying on their plate carrier. I don't care what you do, cop, agent, military. Just wanted to know what the thought was on how many mags you should carry. That's it. Not what do you carry in your first aid dump pouch, where do you carry your side arm. How many mags do you carry on your back, do you run your plate carrier high or low. I dont care. It was just about magazines and ammo count that's it. Dont get upset over it. We can all be friends here.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Please tell us more. I love the ranting. I ask questions to draw people like you out. Now I know who you are. I have a good profile now. I got a good reaction out of you. It just takes a couple of questions with very little info to get you going. I like that. Some just tell me what I want to know, but people like yourself get upset because you didn't get more background or more personal info. You can't leave it alone and you start to attack the OP for Gods know what.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

My behavior is mine not yours. You want to chase me go ahead, have fun. You still won't get anything out of me.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

No, go on I think you beating a dead horse is what you like. Feel free to keep it up. You must like to here yourself complain.
I think you get some kinda excitement out of constantly arguing over nothing. You must have been a officer or something like that in the military.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

1 in the gun and 2 mags on my PC. Setup to be low profile, I can toss a button up shirt over the PC and be fairly inconspicuous unless someone looks close.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

So it's not a tactical plate carrier?
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

It holds plates and has front and back PALS webbing. On the front PALs I have two side by side single m4 pouches.
The term tactical applies to how you use something, not necessarily to the gear itself.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Ok I used at one time 2 plates that had slots cut for webbing ,A, for the shoulder s and B to keep the 2 plates to my body. No place to put mags but I could wear a button up shirt and no one would be the wiser.