I was gifted a 4 day carbine class at Front Sight

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
Three56
ArizonaShooting.org Member

I was gifted a 4 day carbine class at Front Sight

Post by Three56 »

Anyone here been there?
What should I expect?

I have already been titled a "commander", will I have special duties as a commander?

All joking aside, I would like any advice and insight to my upcoming November class.

I'm bringing my Steyr AUG with 1.5x24 Trijicon acog and my Colt 6933 with open sights.

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: I was gifted a 4 day carbine class at Front Sight

Post by XJThrottle »

No advise, but sounds fun!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've done a few classes there, among other firearms training venues. No complaints. The 4 Day Rifle class I took was great fun; we shot out to distances of 400Y. I assume the "Carbine" and "Rifle" class are the same... most people used AR's of some sort. We did have two guys (both in their 20's) that used M1 Garands for the class and did pretty well. The only other non-AR in the class was one guy with an AK.
was21

Post by was21 »

Training is 'ok'..... just be ready for the sales pitches for all the great 'development' they are going to do. Same spiel from 20-25 years ago...and still no development!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

was21 wrote: September 18th, 2018, 12:46 pm Training is 'ok'..... just be ready for the sales pitches for all the great 'development' they are going to do. Same spiel from 20-25 years ago...and still no development!
To be completely fair, they have made quite a bit of development since "20-25 years ago" - though not at the speed or level they projected. At least they have permanent buildings and bathrooms now.
Three56

Post by Three56 »

was21 wrote: September 18th, 2018, 12:46 pm Training is 'ok'..... just be ready for the sales pitches for all the great 'development' they are going to do. Same spiel from 20-25 years ago...and still no development!

Great, hope the sales pitch and pressure don’t effect my experience.
I always refused to go to those timeshare sales pitches for a free cruise.
Others that have gone had a terrible experience.
tdog90yj

Post by tdog90yj »

admin wrote: September 18th, 2018, 2:03 pm
To be completely fair, they have made quite a bit of development since "20-25 years ago" - though not at the speed or level they projected. At least they have permanent buildings and bathrooms now.
Some are permanent. A lot of those “buildings” are just front facades that make the upfront ranges look nice. But yes, the real bathrooms are nice.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tdog90yj wrote: September 20th, 2018, 7:52 pm
admin wrote: September 18th, 2018, 2:03 pm
Some are permanent. A lot of those “buildings” are just front facades that make the upfront ranges look nice. But yes, the real bathrooms are nice.
I think you're referring to the ranges. Those aren't buildings - and they aren't intended to be in their overall plan.