PREVAIL Concealed Carry Test

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
WhiteDragon
ArizonaShooting.org Member

PREVAIL Concealed Carry Test

Post by WhiteDragon »

Guys, April 5th from 8a to 12p at Ben Avery Shooting Range my friend and mentor Bob Schneider will be holding the PREVAIL Concealed Carry Test for whoever is interested. This is your chance to test yourself and see where your skillset ranks as a defensive shooter. Achieving ANY level puts you in the top 10% of gun owners. If you need any info or to sign up, contact myself or Bob (bschneider7721@gmail.com). To see the PREVAIL Test shooting course, see my channel below:

https://youtube.com/@Archangel_Tactics_ ... nk2nQ1bqkx
Attachments
20240320_064232.jpg

smithers599

Re: PREVAIL Concealed Carry Test

Post by smithers599 »

Does it cost money?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

smithers599 wrote: March 21st, 2024, 9:40 am Does it cost money?

Does it matter? None of you would show up even if it was free. While I applaud his effort to train folks, he knows this place is full of slackers and FUDDs who own guns, but can't spend the time or money to be really good with them. I've offered a few things, self defense, firearm retention, etc., for free, it's like those things are not worthy of training.

So, I dare you, sign up, pay the money, get the best instruction from one of the best instructors. In fact, I double dog dare you.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
WhiteDragon

Post by WhiteDragon »

Yes, $150.
WhiteDragon

Post by WhiteDragon »

kenpoprofessor wrote: March 21st, 2024, 9:48 am

Does it matter? None of you would show up even if it was free. While I applaud his effort to train folks, he knows this place is full of slackers and FUDDs who own guns, but can't spend the time or money to be really good with them. I've offered a few things, self defense, firearm retention, etc., for free, it's like those things are not worthy of training.

So, I dare you, sign up, pay the money, get the best instruction from one of the best instructors. In fact, I double dog dare you.

Clyde
Thank you, I'm truly humbled.
WhiteDragon

Post by WhiteDragon »

To give a bit of background, the PREVAIL Test is not an easy challenge, but it tests every aspect of your basics in a tiered "rank" system from white, tan, grey, green, brown and black. So far, I'm the first and only one in the nation who's made it to "Black Level". I will be there assisting Bob administer the test and there might be an award ceremony afterwards.
Attachments
InCollage_20240319_145055349.jpg
faty
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by faty »

What's the test?
WhiteDragon

Post by WhiteDragon »

faty wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 8:22 amWhat's the test?
I can't give out the course of fire unless you sign up, but you can see it on my YouTube channel. This is to maintain the integrity of the program. PREVAIL has been adopted by several USCCA instructors as a guideline for Defensive Pistol training.
faty

Post by faty »

WhiteDragon wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 9:34 am
I can't give out the course of fire unless you sign up, but you can see it on my YouTube channel. This is to maintain the integrity of the program. PREVAIL has been adopted by several USCCA instructors as a guideline for Defensive Pistol training.
To be frank, that's a lot of money for what is essentially a pistol qual. I could sign up for 5-6 local matches or a major for that money. I'm sure it's a fine test, but that's a tough sell.
WhiteDragon

Post by WhiteDragon »

faty wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 10:00 am
To be frank, that's a lot of money for what is essentially a pistol qual. I could sign up for 5-6 local matches or a major for that money. I'm sure it's a fine test, but that's a tough sell.
You'd be surprised how it fills up and if time permits, we warm up prior to. The test is the culmination of the PREVAIL Concealed Carry Course which consists of 4 two-hour lessons. This particular testing isn't mine, it's Bob's who's a Gunsite rangemaster. Me? I'm just a nobody trying bring good training to this group (again). I'm a firm believer of "you get what you pay for". I spend thousands of $ a year in training and to this day, I always manage to learn or re-learn something so, no regrets there. Training > toys.

Lastly, being on the line with well-known instructors and competitive shooters, being the 1st and only one in the nation that's been able to make it to "black", kinda feels good.
Attachments
20231103_094900.jpg
faty

Post by faty »

WhiteDragon wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 10:59 am

You'd be surprised how it fills up and if time permits, we warm up prior to. The test is the culmination of the PREVAIL Concealed Carry Course which consists of 4 two-hour lessons. This particular testing isn't mine, it's Bob's who's a Gunsite rangemaster. Me? I'm just a nobody trying bring good training to this group (again). I'm a firm believer of "you get what you pay for". I spend thousands of $ a year in training and to this day, I always manage to learn or re-learn something so, no regrets there. Training > toys.

Lastly, being on the line with well-known instructors and competitive shooters, being the 1st and only one in the nation that's been able to make it to "black", kinda feels good.
This just sounds like gatekeeping with a fee. What does it do to "maintain the integrity of the program" when this is a benchmark test that people can obviously train for and come back to shoot again?

I say this because people should be critical of where they spend their time and effort in training. This test doesn't appear to have anything that you can't find in many other publicly available quals/tests/standards/classifiers. Training? Ok sure, fair enough, but not for this.

So far it smells like dudes looking for money to run a simple pistol qualification.
WhiteDragon

Post by WhiteDragon »

faty wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 12:13 pm
WhiteDragon wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 10:59 am

This just sounds like gatekeeping with a fee. What does it do to "maintain the integrity of the program" when this is a benchmark test that people can obviously train for and come back to shoot again?

I say this because people should be critical of where they spend their time and effort in training. This test doesn't appear to have anything that you can't find in many other publicly available quals/tests/standards/classifiers. Training? Ok sure, fair enough, but not for this.

So far it smells like dudes looking for money to run a simple pistol qualification.
I've already explained it, if it's not for you, it's not for you. Those who have trained with me, know who I am, my credentials as an instructor and can attest to the validity of what we teach. You are obviously not looking for what we offer. My YouTube channel has plenty that shows what we do as do my social media under Archangel Tactics and Training LLC.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

cheap bastidges will paint it how ever they like to justify, only individual cheaper a so called guy guy, in the goods and equipment dept is a bass fisherman, lol.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

knockonit wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 3:24 pm cheap bastidges will paint it how ever they like to justify, only individual cheaper a so called guy guy, in the goods and equipment dept is a bass fisherman, lol.
Well, I did "double dog dare" 'em :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o Let 'em go spend their money on sheite training that they'll "pay less" for. Honestly, there's only a few folks I would have cover me, you and Carlos are in that small group. I know what you've both done, while I've not had the same experiences, so I'm gonna rely on you bastadges to keep me covered while I load mags :mrgreen:

Clyde
WhiteDragon

Post by WhiteDragon »

kenpoprofessor wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 4:39 pm
knockonit wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 3:24 pm cheap bastidges will paint it how ever they like to justify, only individual cheaper a so called guy guy, in the goods and equipment dept is a bass fisherman, lol.
Well, I did "double dog dare" 'em :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o Let 'em go spend their money on sheite training that they'll "pay less" for. Honestly, there's only a few folks I would have cover me, you and Carlos are in that small group. I know what you've both done, while I've not had the same experiences, so I'm gonna rely on you bastadges to keep me covered while I load mags :mrgreen:

Clyde
Reloading mags? I don't know, you're a pretty decent cook! Besides, we can always use some "fun-drones".😉