Controversial Phoenix PD shooting

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
pneuby
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Controversial Phoenix PD shooting

Post by pneuby »

I check the NewTimes primarily for their restaurant reviews. However, they recently had a good article on all of the Hobb-it's vetoes. Then, I found this one. It's a long read, but you can probably get the gist watching the thermal video from the chopper. .....

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/ph ... r-15780977

QuietM4

Re: Controversial Phoenix PD shooting

Post by QuietM4 »

Don't commit crime(s) and/or run from the cops.
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

Controversial?

He was performing armed robberies. He wasn’t a choir boy, regardless how his father describes him.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

QuietM4 wrote: April 27th, 2023, 11:47 am Don't commit crime(s) and/or run from the cops.
Good advice, until they suspect you of something, regardless if you haven't done it.

That article makes the shooting seem really hanky.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

IMG_7118.GIF
IMG_7118.GIF (200.92 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

This is a great example of the cancer that pervades the media left and a big portion of the country. A group of young men run the streets committing violent crimes against their community... the police encounter these young men and they react violently towards the police and then get shot... The police are not always right - but in case after case in which the media chooses to glorify the dead criminal - the cops are in the right. The media has lost essentially all credibility in this area...

I feel for the family of this "kid" - but the dad's reaction is telling - and how the kid was raised no doubt played a roll in how he died.

As to the charging of his buddies with murder based on them being engaged in criminal activity with him when he was killed - I'm totally good with this when three thugs rob a store, all armed, and only one of them shoots the clerk... hang all three of them. Or their buddy shoots a cop while the three of them are fleeing together from a criminal activity... sure - hang all three of them. Charging them for killing their friend when their friend gets shot by the cops? I guess I think that charging them in this situation just gives fuel to the folks who hate such laws as it was not an innocent person who was killed and the "logic" is not actually the same. It sounds like the law allows this - if it were me I'd lobby to change the law to exclude this sort of use - mostly because I think it creates too much leverage for getting rid of the law all together.