Range Day!

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Range Day!

Post by Boriqua »

Range day is always a happy day. Beats drinkin for just wiping the mental slate clean. So today I brought two of my friends.
Hks 1.JPG
Started off with the P2000 in 40 S&W since we are still in the honeymoon phase and still hadn't passed 200 rds. Started off with a silhouette target and was all in the red (center of target) at 7 and 10 yds but threw 3 just outside the red at about 16 yds. Damn indoor ranges, me having old eyes and them keeping it way to dark in there. Still .. Aint no one to blame but me. I am the one that threw them. Finished up with some 20 rds to the head at 15yds and happy to say .. I would have created a new apparition for Ichabod Crane.

Wife played with her Tonka truck yellow Ruger SR22. She is deadly with that little gun. I hate that gun but she shoots it like a champ. I decided to shoot some at her unused shapes and managed this at 8 yds with about 30 rounds. I usually load 6 rounds at a time and start each string in DA. You will notice a GIANT opps. Damn it .. that was in single action too! :x
P2000 target.jpg
Loving the P2000 and the DA is nice and smooth if a bit heavy. Its easy to shoot well. It now has 280 trouble free rounds and I officially deem it carry worthy.

Moved on to the HK 45c for giggles. MAN I LOVE THAT GUN. No pix but talk about a 45 that is easy to shoot well. I had the hornies for a new 1911. Wanted a new .45. Make no mistake. I love shooting 1911's, love the way they look and the way they feel but then I remembered .. its like that old girlfriend. You remember all the things you loved and forgot when she cut your cloths up because ??

What mags does it like? will I need to polish the feed ramp ..yadda. The HK45C I took from the box and it works like magic. The trigger isnt as sweet in DA as that of my P2000 and light years worse than my Sig 229 but its nice enough to score good hits and follow ups .. damn if its not one of the nicest .45's to shoot. Its just so easy to shoot well. No misses outside the red on a silhouette target at 7,10 or 15 yds and the sights track so nicely.

Anyway .. long and boring but .. most excellent range day!

xerts1191

Re: Range Day!

Post by xerts1191 »

Niiice
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

I miss my HK45c, should have never got rid of it! Dont remember what I replaced it with but it obviously wasn't good enough to make me forgot about the HK

I agree any range day is a good day!
delta6

Post by delta6 »

:dance: Nice shootin'... nice blasters
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

rockbronco wrote: October 7th, 2022, 7:39 am I miss my HK45c, should have never got rid of it! Dont remember what I replaced it with but it obviously wasn't good enough to make me forgot about the HK

I got to shoot a board members USP 45 and knew I wanted to pick up an HK in 45. It wasnt cheap .. Mine was $799 plus ffl and shipping but its in the middle of what the 1911 purchase I was thinking about would have cost me and I KNOW I am enjoying this more. Im a big fan of DA/SA and choices are getting more and more limited.

What I didnt know was that the damn 45C was going to MAKE me buy the P2000!! :mrgreen:
brandyspaw

Post by brandyspaw »

Nice guns! I doubt if I'd ever give up my old P series DA/SA SIG's for those but I'm always tempted by HK's every time I have a chance to shoot one of them.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

brandyspaw wrote: October 7th, 2022, 7:30 pm Nice guns! I doubt if I'd ever give up my old P series DA/SA SIG's for those but I'm always tempted by HK's every time I have a chance to shoot one of them.
I wouldn't give up my P series sig either!! Just added a couple cousins :mrgreen:

Love my sig and we have many rounds together both at static ranges and running all manner of interesting drills. The trigger is butter. Wont lie though .. the P2000 is a bit easier to carry
DSCF3658v1sm1500.JPG
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

rockbronco wrote: October 7th, 2022, 7:39 am I miss my HK45c, should have never got rid of it! Dont remember what I replaced it with but it obviously wasn't good enough to make me forgot about the HK

I know the C from the full size is a bit apples and oranges but .. this is a fairly decent price on the full size!

https://www.cdnnsports.com/hk-hk45-45ac ... A+Hi-Power
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Back out shooting today. Tightened up my group even further with my HK p2000 but ... I also brought along a revolver and even with shooting a gajillion rounds through semi autos .. I still shoot revolver better in every way. Hard to break what you first learned on I guess.

Still .. I may have found MY 9mm .. handled a CZ p07 and may just have to go back for it. Dont need a 9mm .. but .. kinda think I should have one anyway.