You can't manufacture Speed

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

You can't manufacture Speed

Post by Ranger1 »

How many practice their draw stroke on a daily or weekly basis?

How many draw strokes per day or week?

Do you practice from concealed or with the gun in the open?

Do you work the dry fire on perfect presentation to a two handed hold at line of sight?

Do you work the dry fire on pure speed shooting one handed from the hip?

Do you use a mirror at all when practicing?

You can't manufacture speed, it comes with diligent hours of practice over time that then builds the appropriate proprioceptors and twitch muscles to allow speed to be available in a subconscious manner.

Once you get to the subconscious level of draw and fire with COM hits, you no longer just capable of shooting well, you can now "run the gun subconsciously which allows the I function of the brain to be freed to determine the best course of action on the fly.

338lapua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: You can't manufacture Speed

Post by 338lapua »

I usually do a session on drawing from concealment every week. 2 shots in the chest I am happy with a couple seconds but for two to the head it is closer to 3.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Isnt the practice manufacturing speed? Smooth, fast, without thinking about each motion in the chain are the whole point of practice. So you can manufacture speed.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

No but thank you for your opinion.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Ranger1 wrote: August 8th, 2018, 6:05 am No but thank you for your opinion.
He just said the exact same thing that you did in your OP yet you told him he was wrong??

Remember this....
Ranger1 wrote: July 19th, 2018, 1:46 pm ..... it comes with diligent hours of practice over time that then builds the appropriate proprioceptors and twitch muscles to allow speed to be available in a subconscious manner....
Practice is indeed...how you manufacture speed.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

You need to reread the opening post and think about it more. I know you have a brain right. You can not manufacture speed you develope speed. There is a difference.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Ranger1 wrote: August 8th, 2018, 2:27 pm You need to reread the opening post and think about it more. I know you have a brain right. You can not manufacture speed you develope speed. There is a difference.
In this context...no there isn't.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

You shouldn't tell people you know a lot. You might be giving some misinformation. You cannot manufacture technique , you develop technique.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Ranger1 wrote: August 8th, 2018, 4:44 pm You shouldn't tell people you know a lot. You might be giving some misinformation. You cannot manufacture technique , you develop technique.
Again in this context you are arguing semantics. Develop sure I agree. However in this context while not the best choice in words, manufacture...taking some raw materials (you, gun) and producing something that didn't exist before...speed, still fits.

So before you go further, please define "manufacture" as you are trying to use it in this thread.

Now perhaps you meant to say, "you can't buy speed". As in you can't just order it from a catalog or pick it up from your local gun store.
Crippledtrigger

So you can R&D speed?

Now for a PSA from those who care.

Not my creation but vitally important information.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Steve_In_29 wrote: August 9th, 2018, 8:58 am
Ranger1 wrote: August 8th, 2018, 4:44 pm You shouldn't tell people you know a lot. You might be giving some misinformation. You cannot manufacture technique , you develop technique.
Again in this context you are arguing semantics. Develop sure I agree. However in this context while not the best choice in words, manufacture...taking some raw materials (you, gun) and producing something that didn't exist before...speed, still fits.

So before you go further, please define "manufacture" as you are trying to use it in this thread.

Now perhaps you meant to say, "you can't buy speed". As in you can't just order it from a catalog or pick it up from your local gun store.
Negative. You can manufacture a turf. You take food out put it in your mouth. The body tears it down pulls everything from it the body can burn and out comes a turd you manufactured that yup.
Now your muscles are there, your tendons are there. Your eyes are there, you did not make any of those they were pre existing. Over time you put them together and developed and refined them into a action fo develope speed. Again you can not manufacture speed you develop it.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Crippledtrigger wrote: August 9th, 2018, 9:35 am So you can R&D speed?

Now for a PSA from those who care.

Not my creation but vitally important information.
That's funny sh$t. Do you know I eat
dogs.
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

All you morons must have spent your entire childhood staring at the sun. Congrats, You are now stupid.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

You know now that you brought it up. I saw a video that made me think of you. Crippledtrigger. I think this is some of the funniest sh$t out there no matter what you guys put up about me doesn't hold a candle to this.
Crippledtrigger

I just need the pork bellies. I'll leave the lips and ars holes for you and your Multiple personalities.

Mmmmm bacon.