Coolfire Trainer

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
bencov3
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Coolfire Trainer

Post by bencov3 »

Stumbled across some videos on this training device. Anyone here used one or currently have one? Any thoughts and/or feedback on this would be appreciated.

https://coolfiretrainer.com/

xerts1191

Re: Coolfire Trainer

Post by xerts1191 »

If you get one give it a review for us
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

I have diddled a few rounds with one.
I think it's a great concept, the recoil isn't quite like a live round, but all the elements of live fire are nearly there.
A complete setup costs in the same neighborhood as a gun, and I would imagine that after you get about a thousand rounds on it, it has paid for itself.
I would speculate that one could develop as much skill in dry fire, and validate that with live fire, and be at the same level of skill development.
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

That’s a pretty cool system, I bought the one that I just listed for sale (SIRT) for dry fire training to accomplish the same type of thing. However, this looks like it would be better because you’re dealing with the action of the slide. The cost is about the same except for the CO2 refills.

I don’t think I would spend the money on that one because of having to keep refilling it with CO2. I think you get the same benefit from dryfire training. But that’s my two cents, and it’s worth exactly that much. 😜