CETSUSA Training

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
bencov3
ArizonaShooting.org Member

CETSUSA Training

Post by bencov3 »

Anyone taken a class from these guys? Looks there are a few coming up at reasonable prices.

cetusa.com

G34

Re: CETSUSA Training

Post by G34 »

Look at the instructor list. It’s a resume. Doesn’t show actual teaching credentials.
And only two actual instructors.
bencov3

Post by bencov3 »

G34 wrote: April 5th, 2022, 8:30 am Look at the instructor list. It’s a resume. Doesn’t show actual teaching credentials.
And only two actual instructors.
Any recommendations for pistol classes that are not geared towards competing? Something like the CETSUSA pistol operator class?
G34

Post by G34 »

Modern samurai is coming to Prescott.

This might piss ppl off but I’ve shot with many of the local “instructors “ and you’d be better off saving for a quality one to travel to.
tdog90yj

Post by tdog90yj »

G34 wrote: April 6th, 2022, 6:23 am Modern samurai is coming to Prescott.

This might piss ppl off but I’ve shot with many of the local “instructors “ and you’d be better off saving for a quality one to travel to.
I think it all depends on what you are looking for in a class. If you are a brand new shooter There are lots of intro NRA instructors that can get you started in AZ. IF a shooter has progressed beyond that (many have not) I would agree. Just because a “trainer” deployed in support of GWOT (thank you for you service) does NOT mean they have any business teaching team tactics or other disciplines to NOVICE shooters.
Just my $1.05 YMMV
bencov3

Post by bencov3 »

tdog90yj wrote: April 6th, 2022, 7:10 am
G34 wrote: April 6th, 2022, 6:23 am Modern samurai is coming to Prescott.

I think it all depends on what you are looking for in a class. If you are a brand new shooter There are lots of intro NRA instructors that can get you started in AZ. IF a shooter has progressed beyond that (many have not) I would agree. Just because a “trainer” deployed in support of GWOT (thank you for you service) does NOT mean they have any business teaching team tactics or other disciplines to NOVICE shooters.
Just my $1.05 YMMV
Appreciate the thoughts on this. I consider myself brand new when it comes to anything beyond regular range time. Don't really need to spend a bunch of time learning about my gun or the basics of firearm safety. Would like to learn/train on drawing, proper grip, shot placement, speed, movement...

Any recommendations on specific trainers or classes to look into?
tdog90yj

Post by tdog90yj »

With those parameters I would personally point to any of the classes at either shooters world, Scottsdale gun club, or John Hansen if he is still teaching classes.
After that I have been very happy with GoRuck FAD events (run by Army SF) these are run on a private range on the grounds of skydive phx (located in Maricopa). Secondly, and I know this will be a lightning rod for some, but Gabe Suarez in Prescott.
bencov3

Post by bencov3 »

tdog90yj wrote: April 9th, 2022, 8:27 pm With those parameters I would personally point to any of the classes at either shooters world, Scottsdale gun club, or John Hansen if he is still teaching classes.
After that I have been very happy with GoRuck FAD events (run by Army SF) these are run on a private range on the grounds of skydive phx (located in Maricopa). Secondly, and I know this will be a lightning rod for some, but Gabe Suarez in Prescott.
Thank you. Appreciate the feedback. I just signed up for a class through Fieldcraft Survival. I’m sure it’ll be the first of many classes and I want to get a variety of viewpoints. Thanks again.
tdog90yj

Post by tdog90yj »

I always forget fieldcraft is in AZ. When you are done, post an AAR. I would love to hear some thoughts on it.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

tdog90yj wrote: April 9th, 2022, 8:27 pm With those parameters I would personally point to any of the classes at either shooters world, Scottsdale gun club, or John Hansen if he is still teaching classes.
I still do classes on a limited basis. I am working 6 days a week on my full time job. I do about 1 class a month. I am hoping to get back to 2 or 3 classes a month next year. I have pnly done two this entire year.