U.S. Army Vet. 24 years with two bronze stars and more than a few tours in the sandbox.

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

U.S. Army Vet. 24 years with two bronze stars and more than a few tours in the sandbox.

Post by kenpoprofessor »

So, I'm working on getting a coworker of mine to hold some classes if that's something you're interested in. Mostly carbine/rifle.

I'm gauging interest to see if that's something people here are interested in, and, what topics you'd like to see and learn.

This will be a BYOG&A event BTW, and he's working up some scenarios with how much ammo will be needed and what weapons.

This is not a sure thing, he's not sure he wants to do it yet.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

Doc

Re: U.S. Army Vet. 24 years with two bronze stars and more than a few tours in the sandbox.

Post by Doc »

I already know how to lose a war, don’t need the yutes to explain it to me.
smithers599

Re: U.S. Army Vet. 24 years with two bronze stars and more than a few tours in the sandbox.

Post by smithers599 »

Depending on the price, I am always looking to learn something new, or practice something old.
Blue109

Post by Blue109 »

DevilDocAZ wrote: February 22nd, 2022, 7:28 pm I already know how to lose a war, don’t need the yutes to explain it to me.
That was amazing :D
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

kenpoprofessor wrote: February 22nd, 2022, 5:58 pm So, I'm working on getting a coworker of mine to hold some classes if that's something you're interested in. Mostly carbine/rifle.

I'm gauging interest to see if that's something people here are interested in, and, what topics you'd like to see and learn.

This will be a BYOG&A event BTW, and he's working up some scenarios with how much ammo will be needed and what weapons.

Clyde
Two questions:
Since I already have one Bronze Star and your coworker had TWO, does that mean I only need to take half the “class”?

Will wheelchairs be provided?

PS-The only people still using the term “sand box” are the guys who run around the Crossroads shows wearing chocolate chip camo.

Have a great, nun carryin’, Bimbo day
Doc

Post by Doc »

That Guy wrote: March 10th, 2022, 10:34 am
kenpoprofessor wrote: February 22nd, 2022, 5:58 pm So, I'm working on getting a coworker of mine to hold some classes if that's something you're interested in. Mostly carbine/rifle.

Clyde
Two questions:
Since I already have one Bronze Star and your coworker had TWO, does that mean I only need to take half the “class”?

PS-The only people still using the term “sand box” are the guys who run around the Crossroads shows wearing chocolate chip camo.

Lol.

When anyone asks me I tell them “so the Gov’ment had me playing cowboys and Indians…..”

😂🤣😂🤣
428cj

Post by 428cj »

DevilDocAZ »

That Guy
Two questions:

Hard to believe that,I heard this same type of crap in 1968. Give us a break!
:roll:
Doc

Post by Doc »

428cj wrote: March 10th, 2022, 11:00 am DevilDocAZ »

That Guy
Two questions:

Hard to believe that,I heard this same type of crap in 1968. Give us a break!
:roll:
What in the boomer are you doing over there?
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

get'm rodger, get'm lol, fun day, some folks gotta do what they gotta do, don't mean nothing, unless the crap in yer mess kit

Rj
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Can I sign up for the advanced IED class?
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Tidy bowl man alert.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

That Guy wrote: March 10th, 2022, 10:34 am

Clyde
Two questions:

PS-The only people still using the term “sand box” are the guys who run around the Crossroads shows wearing chocolate chip camo, Crocs, drives a Honda Ridgeline, and paint their AR 15 with chrome spray paint.

FIFY
Cmoor

Post by Cmoor »

Thanks but, I am good been there done that a couple times...
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Thank your friend for his service.

Has he been an instructor before? If so, in what capacity? I'm interested in high value training - but as much as "2 bronze stars" tells me something about your friend (something generally to be respected) it does not tell me much about the quality of his training.

Not poking holes - just asking a question. I may be interested either way depending on price - but if he is an experienced instructor I'd be more interested. As to areas of interest - I've got many - but what is more important (to me) are his areas of expertise.

Given the choice, I'll spend money with a veteran owned business before most others - but I still want to know that I'm getting good value for my dollar. :-)
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

BigNate wrote: April 14th, 2022, 12:19 pm Thank your friend for his service.

Has he been an instructor before? If so, in what capacity? I'm interested in high value training - but as much as "2 bronze stars" tells me something about your friend (something generally to be respected) it does not tell me much about the quality of his training.

Not poking holes - just asking a question. I may be interested either way depending on price - but if he is an experienced instructor I'd be more interested. As to areas of interest - I've got many - but what is more important (to me) are his areas of expertise.

Given the choice, I'll spend money with a veteran owned business before most others - but I still want to know that I'm getting good value for my dollar. :-)

There was little to no interest in this, so I told him don't worry about it. Apparently, people have all the training they need, good for them. This was a chance for some to get proper and true military strategy and training, so, I'll take advantage of it alone, or
with some other friends. I don't have to pay LOL.

Clyde