Two classes this month -- John Murphy/FPF Training (2/12-13) and Rob Haught/Symtac Training (2/19-20)

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
AJS214
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Two classes this month -- John Murphy/FPF Training (2/12-13) and Rob Haught/Symtac Training (2/19-20)

Post by AJS214 »

First month of the new year went by pretty fast, didn't it?
Crossposting this to/from the azguns subreddit.

There are two excellent training options coming through our state in February.

I have previously attended both these classes, having taken John's class in 2019 and again in 2021 last year, and Rob Haught's class in 2019.

Street Encounters is a class designed for the beginning handgun owner just getting into concealed carry, or for someone who's been carrying for some time longer and is looking for the other things that are just as important, if not more important, than the shooting part. From my /r/AZguns post last year:
Round count is 250300. If you need 9mm and this is the only roadblock that would prevent you from entering, contact me and I've got you covered for ammo for free, on me, which I'll hand off to you on the first day of class. Again, this offer is only for people who are on the fence about signing up because of ammo scarcity, and all I've got is 9mm.

John Murphy of FPF Training, a regular fixture at the annual Rangemaster Tactical Conference which has been going for over twenty years strong. In addition to travelling around the country to teach classes, he hosts other trainers at his home range in Culpepper, Virginia.

This will be at the Ben Avery range and classroom. Cecil Burch of Immediate Action Combatives and Freddie Blish are hosting and assisting.

Who is this for: Anyone who has the basics of pistol shooting and concealed holster draw down, and wants to develop them further, in addition to learning new skills and knowledge toward a more well-rounded approach to personal protection.

What do you get?
4 hours of view-ahead lecture, which is also free to the public to watch even if you're not taking the class.
•16 hours of classroom and range time. This isn't just more lecture plus dry and live pistol work -- you're going to be either brushing up on or introduced to tourniquet application, figuring out how moving your feet and using your voice can suddenly become difficult when Managing Unknown Contacts, how important a little bit of practice with an inert canister of pepper spray can be instead of just buying a live can and forgetting about it, and so on. Don't be surprised if this ends up being closer to 20 hours instead of 16.
My offer regarding 9mm ammunition still stands if you need 9mm and it's the only thing keeping you from going.

Spiffy new trailer with royalty-free music!

============

Shotgun Skills is designed for those who have a pump-action or semi-auto defensive shotgun, and I find that it approaches the fundamentals while dispelling myths and addressing common obstacles in a way that more traditional settings (i.e. plinking, hunting, and competitions) frankly fall a little bit short.

Sign up link and class info here. It will be at the Casa Grande PD Range, which is right next to Elzy Pearson and is only an hour or so tops away from the Metro-Phoenix area.

•Rob and some of his material is featured in this Lucky Gunner video on YouTube. Most folks recognize his name from a couple of products either by Aridus or Wilson Combat, but some may remember him from the older-school days of Ken Hackathorn, Louis Awerbuck, and Bill Jeans. His son Matt will be teaching this class with him, and there is a chance that someone from Vang Comp Systems might visit as well.

AJS214

Re: Two classes this month -- John Murphy/FPF Training (2/12-13) and Rob Haught/Symtac Training (2/19-20)

Post by AJS214 »

Murphy's class is this weekend. Remember, please contact me via PM first if you need 9mm ammo for the class, as it will be coming from me and not him.