Preassault Behavioral Patterns

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Preassault Behavioral Patterns

Post by Ranger1 »

Profiling is a skill that most people (including most people who believe they are engaging in it) do inherently, but do badly. This is generally because they use irrelevant criteria to construct profiles- with the result being that their "profile" is more like fodder for gossip.

Profiling criteria need to be both relevant and, more importantly, quantifiable. Profiling itself does no good unless you can actually state, clearly and comprehensibly, how the profile is relevant. "A bad feeling" is nowhere near as quantifiable as "Subject is behaving in a manner consistent with being under the effects of (insert controlled substances), such as (name effects), and is displaying characteristics indicative of a hostile or combative intent, such as (name characteristics)".

http://tacticalintelligence.net/blog...indicators.htm

Pre-Assault Indicators: Good read

Blading; Fist Clenching or Pumping; Trembling; Rapid Shallow Breathing; Avoiding Eye Contact; Posturing; Bobbing and Rocking; Hiding the Face; Focused Attention; Thousand Yard Stare

What do the members recognize as pre-assault indicators?
Do you profile, practice profiling? How do you profile people?

Desert Rat
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Preassault Behavioral Patterns

Post by Desert Rat »

Thanks for the link, I attempt to do that but am not very good. The primary goal originally was more for awareness. Now I want to improve upon it.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Usually you can spot sh$t bags where they shouldn't be and they normally run with other sh$t bags. Car running outside, one by the door, one inside. Things like that.
Berd

Post by Berd »

https://aprillriskconsulting.com

William April presents the best lecture/course on violent criminals and how to deal or interact with them that I've ever been exposed to. I highly encourage anyone interested in self defense to attend one of his courses.
lostdog99

Post by lostdog99 »

The U.S.M.C developed a program called "Combat Hunter". The content was trimmed down and condensed into an excellent book called "Left of Bang". Excellent Read !
It talks if aggression indicators, how and when to spot them; and why the indicators are so reliable.
You will NOT be disappointed.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

The original link to indicators is not found
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

lostdog99 wrote: September 28th, 2018, 4:16 am The U.S.M.C developed a program called "Combat Hunter". The content was trimmed down and condensed into an excellent book called "Left of Bang". Excellent Read !
It talks if aggression indicators, how and when to spot them; and why the indicators are so reliable.
I just "amazoned" this
I'm holding you to the guarantee
Flash

Post by Flash »

Pro2a wrote: March 16th, 2019, 7:03 am
lostdog99 wrote: September 28th, 2018, 4:16 am The U.S.M.C developed a program called "Combat Hunter". The content was trimmed down and condensed into an excellent book called "Left of Bang". Excellent Read !
I just "amazoned" this
If you'd like to get "Left Of Bang" in a free PDF, here's a link to it: https://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1488350849450.pdf
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Flash wrote: March 16th, 2019, 10:49 am
Pro2a wrote: March 16th, 2019, 7:03 am
I just "amazoned" this
If you'd like to get "Left Of Bang" in a free PDF, here's a link to it: https://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1488350849450.pdf
The book is on the way, but that will be easy to share specific items with.
Thanks Flash