Preassault Behavioral Patterns

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
Post Reply
Ranger1
Banned
Banned
Posts: 634
Joined: July 18th, 2018, 5:00 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Phoenix

Preassault Behavioral Patterns

#1

Post by Ranger1 » July 31st, 2018, 7:09 am

Profiling is a skill that most people (including most people who believe they are engaging in it) do inherently, but do badly. This is generally because they use irrelevant criteria to construct profiles- with the result being that their "profile" is more like fodder for gossip.

Profiling criteria need to be both relevant and, more importantly, quantifiable. Profiling itself does no good unless you can actually state, clearly and comprehensibly, how the profile is relevant. "A bad feeling" is nowhere near as quantifiable as "Subject is behaving in a manner consistent with being under the effects of (insert controlled substances), such as (name effects), and is displaying characteristics indicative of a hostile or combative intent, such as (name characteristics)".

http://tacticalintelligence.net/blog...indicators.htm

Pre-Assault Indicators: Good read

Blading; Fist Clenching or Pumping; Trembling; Rapid Shallow Breathing; Avoiding Eye Contact; Posturing; Bobbing and Rocking; Hiding the Face; Focused Attention; Thousand Yard Stare

What do the members recognize as pre-assault indicators?
Do you profile, practice profiling? How do you profile people?



User avatar
Desert Rat
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 135
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 10:07 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: 100 miles from water, 3 feet from hell.

Re: Preassault Behavioral Patterns

#2

Post by Desert Rat » August 1st, 2018, 9:28 pm

Thanks for the link, I attempt to do that but am not very good. The primary goal originally was more for awareness. Now I want to improve upon it.
"Duty is ours; results are Gods." - John Quincy Adams

Ranger1
Banned
Banned
Posts: 634
Joined: July 18th, 2018, 5:00 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Phoenix

Re: Preassault Behavioral Patterns

#3

Post by Ranger1 » August 6th, 2018, 3:30 pm

Usually you can spot sh$t bags where they shouldn't be and they normally run with other sh$t bags. Car running outside, one by the door, one inside. Things like that.

User avatar
Berd
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 37
Joined: May 18th, 2018, 2:41 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Preassault Behavioral Patterns

#4

Post by Berd » August 7th, 2018, 1:02 am

https://aprillriskconsulting.com

William April presents the best lecture/course on violent criminals and how to deal or interact with them that I've ever been exposed to. I highly encourage anyone interested in self defense to attend one of his courses.

User avatar
lostdog99
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 43
Joined: May 22nd, 2018, 1:43 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Queen Creek

Re: Preassault Behavioral Patterns

#5

Post by lostdog99 » September 28th, 2018, 4:16 am

The U.S.M.C developed a program called "Combat Hunter". The content was trimmed down and condensed into an excellent book called "Left of Bang". Excellent Read !
It talks if aggression indicators, how and when to spot them; and why the indicators are so reliable.
You will NOT be disappointed.

User avatar
Pro2a
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 392
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 4:21 pm
Reputation: 3
Location: Hoodyear

Re: Preassault Behavioral Patterns

#6

Post by Pro2a » February 16th, 2019, 8:18 am

The original link to indicators is not found

User avatar
Pro2a
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 392
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 4:21 pm
Reputation: 3
Location: Hoodyear

Re: Preassault Behavioral Patterns

#7

Post by Pro2a » March 16th, 2019, 7:03 am

lostdog99 wrote:
September 28th, 2018, 4:16 am
The U.S.M.C developed a program called "Combat Hunter". The content was trimmed down and condensed into an excellent book called "Left of Bang". Excellent Read !
It talks if aggression indicators, how and when to spot them; and why the indicators are so reliable.
You will NOT be disappointed.
I just "amazoned" this
I'm holding you to the guarantee

User avatar
Flash
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 539
Joined: May 16th, 2018, 1:56 pm
Reputation: 2

Re: Preassault Behavioral Patterns

#8

Post by Flash » March 16th, 2019, 10:49 am

Pro2a wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 7:03 am
lostdog99 wrote:
September 28th, 2018, 4:16 am
The U.S.M.C developed a program called "Combat Hunter". The content was trimmed down and condensed into an excellent book called "Left of Bang". Excellent Read !
It talks if aggression indicators, how and when to spot them; and why the indicators are so reliable.
You will NOT be disappointed.
I just "amazoned" this
I'm holding you to the guarantee
If you'd like to get "Left Of Bang" in a free PDF, here's a link to it: https://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1488350849450.pdf

User avatar
Pro2a
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 392
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 4:21 pm
Reputation: 3
Location: Hoodyear

Re: Preassault Behavioral Patterns

#9

Post by Pro2a » March 16th, 2019, 6:41 pm

Flash wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 10:49 am
Pro2a wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 7:03 am
lostdog99 wrote:
September 28th, 2018, 4:16 am
The U.S.M.C developed a program called "Combat Hunter". The content was trimmed down and condensed into an excellent book called "Left of Bang". Excellent Read !
It talks if aggression indicators, how and when to spot them; and why the indicators are so reliable.
You will NOT be disappointed.
I just "amazoned" this
I'm holding you to the guarantee
If you'd like to get "Left Of Bang" in a free PDF, here's a link to it: https://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1488350849450.pdf
The book is on the way, but that will be easy to share specific items with.
Thanks Flash

Post Reply

Return to “Firearm Training and Tactics”