You-Tuber gets a visit from ATF!

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
vtachrn
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: You-Tuber gets a visit from ATF!

Post by vtachrn »

So what is the definition of "occasional" when selling a firearm? Seem the whole ATF vernacular/jargon is vague at best to allow for these types of fishing expedition and "subjective" interpretation and enforcement.

What does the ATF define as occasional? Selling one or two a year to buy some new firearms to work with and cycle through your collection?

The ATF and gun control nuts will never be happy with every single transaction being tracked and on paper. They will only rest when the 2A is stricken from the constitution, and the peasants are disarmed.

QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

vtachrn wrote: October 29th, 2020, 12:05 pm So what is the definition of "occasional" when selling a firearm? Seem the whole ATF vernacular/jargon is vague at best to allow for these types of fishing expedition and "subjective" interpretation and enforcement.

What does the ATF define as occasional? Selling one or two a year to buy some new firearms to work with and cycle through your collection?

The ATF and gun control nuts will never be happy with every single transaction being tracked and on paper. They will only rest when the 2A is stricken from the constitution, and the peasants are disarmed.
It's not a coincidence that they use vague language, it's done on purpose. It allows agents and prosecutors to bend the law to fit their narrative of a supposed "crime". I'm sure the majority of people on this board have sold more than 3 firearms this year. Is the limit 4 per year? 5? 10?
etprescottaz01

Post by etprescottaz01 »

Boriqua wrote: October 26th, 2020, 3:06 pm He mentioned not being legal to buy 5 guns in a week or I misunderstood. Is that a thing?

Never did it and am unlikely to but I hate arbitrary rules with arbitrary numbers.

If it's a legal item and I am legal to own it ...??
When a person buys five handguns or more at once the dealer is required to notify ATF on a separate form. This could defiantly red flag a person as a kitchen table dealer.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

etprescottaz01 wrote: October 29th, 2020, 4:07 pm
Boriqua wrote: October 26th, 2020, 3:06 pm He mentioned not being legal to buy 5 guns in a week or I misunderstood. Is that a thing?

Never did it and am unlikely to but I hate arbitrary rules with arbitrary numbers.

When a person buys five handguns or more at once the dealer is required to notify ATF on a separate form. This could defiantly red flag a person as a kitchen table dealer.
Not to nitpick, but it's more than 1 handgun within a 5 day period (Form 3310.4). Also, since we are a border state, more than 1 semi-automatic rifle greater than 22lr in a 5 day period (Form 3310.12).

Of course, if you have a CCW, you could visit 20 gun shops in one day, purchase 1 firearm from each, and no one would ever know.
redj

Post by redj »

I don't know anything about this guy , but he sure likes to collect a lot of junk.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

redj wrote: October 30th, 2020, 12:30 pm I don't know anything about this guy , but he sure likes to collect a lot of junk.
True. People collect odd things. The few times I've handled those Rhom revolvers, I felt dirty afterwards...I had better made cap guns when I was kid.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Flash wrote: October 28th, 2020, 6:51 am

My Dad once heard that Ruger quit making the 3 screw Single Actions and that Colt was stopping production of the .22LR/.22WMR New Frontier and Peacemaker revolvers, so he went to every gun store in town and bought every one of these that they had.

He bought 27 handguns that day, then called me up and said he was waiting for the Feds to pounce on him while laughing his butt off. They never did call on him and I've got a few of those guns today.
:clap: :clap: :clap: