Legal Shield - worth it?

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
Racewin
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Legal Shield - worth it?

Post by Racewin »

Anyone here use it or know someone that does? Is it worth the $25/month?

Flash

Re: Legal Shield - worth it?

Post by Flash »

I don't think any of those plans are worth it but that's just me.

I see them the same way I see extended warranties on appliances and I don't buy those either.
A_C Guy

Post by A_C Guy »

I just signed up US LawShield 2 weeks ago.
After attending the seminar at Rio Salado last month and then watching several of Marc Victor's YouTube videos, I realized how much of a bargain it is compared to auto insurance and home owner's insurance.

As both lawyers explained, if you are forced to defend yourself, the odds are likely that you will be charged; especially in today's political climate. Just the basics of getting you out on bail (at an affordable level) and getting the case dropped will easily cost $4 to $10k after you pay the average retainer of $40k up front. If you go to trial, AVERAGE legal bills total $100k to $150k in Arizona.

They offer unlimited funds for legal defense if you ever have to defend yourself. They even completely cover civil suits resulting from self defense cases. That also includes civil cases you file to get you firearms returned.

As far as I could find, they are the only company with no limit on the coverage.
Last edited by A_C Guy on September 5th, 2020, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A_C Guy

Post by A_C Guy »

Flash wrote: August 29th, 2020, 6:38 am I don't think any of those plans are worth it but that's just me.

I see them the same way I see extended warranties on appliances and I don't buy those either.
More like auto insurance and home owners insurance, not an extended warranty.
A_C Guy

Post by A_C Guy »

5 Things Every Gun Owner Needs to Know:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/user/FreedomAttorney[/media]
Flash

Post by Flash »

A_C Guy wrote: August 31st, 2020, 4:13 pm
Flash wrote: August 29th, 2020, 6:38 am I don't think any of those plans are worth it but that's just me.

More like auto insurance and home owners insurance, not an extended warranty.
The difference is that you'll probably file claims on auto and homeowners insurance in your lifetime but you won't with firearm insurance or extended warranties.
baja

Post by baja »

I'm not sure if you're asking about a firearm lawyer or the actual company 'Legal Shield' that gives you access to a lawyer for any legal question or problem.

I find Legal Shield (the company) to be well worth it. It gives you the ability to call a lawyer for advice or to review a contract or ask "What can I do about my a**hole neighbor"? And it's covered. Also you will be covered for legal issues up to a point and reduced fees if necessary. The longer you're a member the more lawyer hours you build up.

I saved my house from an ex thanks to Legal Shield. So, ya, well worth it.
A_C Guy

Post by A_C Guy »

Flash wrote: September 1st, 2020, 6:35 am The difference is that you'll probably file claims on auto and homeowners insurance in your lifetime but you won't with firearm insurance or extended warranties.
I agree, which is why the policy only costs $180 per year for unlimited legal protection if you ever have to use any weapon for self defense; not just firearms.

The cost of just getting a lawyer to get you out of jail and on bond is equal to 30 years worth of premiums; over $5k. If you are charged and have to go to trial, then having a policy will be the best investment you ever made unless you bought bitcoin when it was a penny stock.... In which case you have so many millions of $$$ that you don't need any insurance.....

Average retainer in Az is $40K
Average legal fees for trial is over $100k
Flash

Post by Flash »

A_C Guy wrote: September 5th, 2020, 3:14 pm I agree, which is why the policy only costs $180 per year for unlimited legal protection if you ever have to use any weapon for self defense; not just firearms.

The cost of just getting a lawyer to get you out of jail and on bond is equal to 30 years worth of premiums; over $5k. If you are charged and have to go to trial, then having a policy will be the best investment you ever made unless you bought bitcoin when it was a penny stock.... In which case you have so many millions of $$$ that you don't need any insurance.....

So here's the part I really can't wrap my head around. You state that it would probably cost $5K for a lawyer to get me out of jail but somehow an insurance policy costing $180.00/year will do the same thing? I find that hard to believe.
tlieberman240

Post by tlieberman240 »

Flash wrote: September 6th, 2020, 9:18 am

So here's the part I really can't wrap my head around. You state that it would probably cost $5K for a lawyer to get me out of jail but somehow an insurance policy costing $180.00/year will do the same thing? I find that hard to believe.
Isn't that the point of an insurance policy? Same applies to auto insurance and such. They're betting on you not needing to use it, and you're betting on needing to.

The fact is that the likelihood of ever needing to use the policy is pretty slim; so I'm sure they have plenty of people paying those fees year round, every year... for years on end, never needing any sort of legal representation.
A_C Guy

Post by A_C Guy »

A_C Guy wrote: September 5th, 2020, 3:14 pm I agree, which is why the policy only costs $180 per year for unlimited legal protection if you ever have to use any weapon for self defense; not just firearms.

I was surprised when I heard the costs of obtaining a defense lawyer and I checked other sources as well to confirm it. I was really surprised at how cheap the US LawShield policy was when you look at their no limit coverage. USCCA has a $250k limit and $500k limit on their policies for double the price.

Check out this article:
https://www.pewpewtactical.com/conceale ... son-chart/
A_C Guy

Post by A_C Guy »

tlieberman240 wrote: September 6th, 2020, 2:27 pm

Isn't that the point of an insurance policy? Same applies to auto insurance and such. They're betting on you not needing to use it, and you're betting on needing to.

The fact is that the likelihood of ever needing to use the policy is pretty slim; so I'm sure they have plenty of people paying those fees year round, every year... for years on end, never needing any sort of legal representation.
I decided that I can pay the policy for 10 years for less than half of the cost of the legal fees if I ever have to protect myself. That is a bargain in the insurance world. Most people have seen how the defendants are either rich when they start and end up broke, or the defendants lose everything they own even when they ultimately win the case. The liberal prosecutors have endless funds to bleed you dry with legal actions.

With the election coming up and the almost certainty of wide scale and obvious cheating being planned and implemented, I am certain that Portland and Minneapolis are just the beginning. We have seen the thugs keep getting released with no bond yet Kyle is being denied bond and will sit in jail for 6 months minimum. Guys are prepping with more ammo than they will ever need, but they are not prepping for their legal defense. What good is 10,000 rounds if you defend yourself with one mag of ammo then go to jail? All your firearms and 9,970 rounds of ammo will be confiscated. Spend $180 for this year and maybe one or two more years after. It is literally cheap insurance.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Talk is cheap. You buy coverage for your car or home warranty, then when it comes time for them to step up and provide coverage, they suddenly have a whole list of things they won't cover, asking you trick questions in order for them to get out of paying. Happen on a Tuesday? Not covered. Cloudy day? Not covered.

The LegalShield coverage is $24.95 a month, PLUS the additional Gun Owners Supplement of $12.95.
Racewin

Post by Racewin »

Doc Holliday wrote: September 7th, 2020, 11:52 am Talk is cheap. You buy coverage for your car or home warranty, then when it comes time for them to step up and provide coverage, they suddenly have a whole list of things they won't cover, asking you trick questions in order for them to get out of paying. Happen on a Tuesday? Not covered. Cloudy day? Not covered.

The LegalShield coverage is $24.95 a month, PLUS the additional Gun Owners Supplement of $12.95.
I recently saw that there are extras, thanks for pointing that out. I think the 'talk is cheap' is part of my concern. They are lawyers...what is in the fine print??

Anyone here ever actually used it?
Flash

Post by Flash »

tlieberman240 wrote: September 6th, 2020, 2:27 pm Isn't that the point of an insurance policy? Same applies to auto insurance and such. They're betting on you not needing to use it, and you're betting on needing to.

Okay, let's do the math.

You pay $180.00/year for CCW insurance. You pay in 30 years and so you've paid in $5,400.00. The insurance company's total profit for 30 years not counting administrative costs is $400.00. Essentially a break even and Insurance companies don't get in the business for such trivial amounts.

You pay $2,000.00/year for auto insurance. You pay 30 years and you've paid in $60,000.00. You get in a wreck and because the car is 5 years old they give you $30K for it. Total profit $30K. Definitely worth doing especially with large amounts of customers.

Whole different thing.