Trump to ease export restrictions

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Trump to ease export restrictions

Post by smithers599 »

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2020/01/2 ... trictions/
Since the election of President Trump, the firearm industry had been in a tight spot. While they’re undoubtedly better off than if an anti-gun president occupied the Oval Office and heavily restricted the industry, they’re still in a rough patch. They need more buyers and, frankly, the market in the United States kind of is what it is.

Luckily, the Trump administration is looking for ways to help the beleaguered industry. In particular, by easing trade restrictions that will allow companies to sell to buyers outside of the United States.

In a move aimed at boosting the sale of U.S. firearms and ammunition abroad, the Trump administration has eased regulations on some commercial firearms exports.

American manufacturers will have fewer registration requirements in order to obtain an export license, as the State Department moved jurisdiction of certain firearms sales to the Commerce Department. The change, announced last week, was entered into the Federal Register on Thursday. It will be effective March 9.

The long-delayed rule change, which began under the Obama administration, is intended to lower costs for U.S. gun-makers such as American Outdoor Brands Corp. and Sturm, Ruger and Co., while refocusing regulatory attention on weapons sales that could pose national security risks.

xerts1191

Re: Trump to ease export restrictions

Post by xerts1191 »

:clap:
Napalm Bulldog
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Napalm Bulldog »

I hope it happens.
Isnake

Post by Isnake »

Cool. How about the import restrictions? Sure would love to see old milsurps coming in again.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Good news for the gun industry I guess but isnt this
the firearm industry had been in a tight spot. While they’re undoubtedly better off than if an anti-gun president occupied the Oval Office and heavily restricted the industry, they’re still in a rough patch.
Contrary to market history? The gun industry is suffering because there isnt a rash of fear buying because, at the moment, gun owners feel comfortable. I don't own stock in gun companies so I cant comment with any certainty but .. wasnt the time preceding and through Obama a wellspring for gun sales?

Dont get me wrong .. I am glad that American companies have new outlets for their goods .. I just question the writers facts
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

I am not a manufacturer or exporter, so I don't know the background.
I wonder if this has to do with the BS thing I have to click on whenever I buy a scope or magazine or cleaning kit or something online, in which I swear that I will not export this deadly article of war to aid terrorists who might use it to destroy our way of life. For the children.