Gun Trusts and the 2nd Amendment

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
OldGuysRule
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Gun Trusts and the 2nd Amendment

Post by OldGuysRule »

I'm in the process of building my first SBR and am going down the rabbit hole of the NFA, gun trusts, etc. While trying to use my limited, new-found knowledge to explain the process to my wife, she asked what I view as a very good question: Are guns that are owned by a gun trust protected by the 2nd Amendment, or does the 2nd Amendment only protect the rights of individuals? I posed this question to GunTrustGuru.com, which is the company that created my trust, and the response I got was "We cannot speculate on questions of constitutional law." OK, fair enough. But I know the people of this forum aren't so reticent about speculating about constitutional law. ;) So, am I making a constitutional mistake by transferring ownership of my firearms to a trust?

DRTDIVR
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Gun Trusts and the 2nd Amendment

Post by DRTDIVR »

Call Trent Woods
OldGuysRule

Post by OldGuysRule »

DRTDIVR wrote: January 9th, 2020, 6:59 am Call Trent Woods
Funny, when I first googled the name, I got a place: Trent Woods, NC. When I added "gun law" I got the person. Thanks for the referral.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

If you want the benefit of years of constitutional law and its practical application from the folks here, myself included, you will have to pay for it. That experience takes a lifetime of work and study to acquire and shouldn't be expected to just be freely bandied about without fair compensation.

Let me know when they make half n quarter cent pieces so we can make proper change.

Really it's worth less than a Sunday paper coupons actual cash value.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

If there was any question about Trusts like you state in your post, hundreds of thousands of people who have firearm trusts wouldn't have them. You aren't the first person to think of this.