Most effective gun rights organization.

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
The Nizzard
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Most effective gun rights organization.

Post by The Nizzard »

Time to up the ante, and acquire a lifetime membership. NRA, GOA, SAF, NAGR.... etc.
Which is the most pro-active orginization to donate my hard earned bucks to?
I don't want my money to go to someones country club dues instead of going where it is needed.
With all the bull$hit circulating in the media, it's hard to decide. Maybe some of you with a little more insight than I have can put in their two cents...

pvreb
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Most effective gun rights organization.

Post by pvreb »

Like someone here suggested, perhaps the best bet is to support the NRA, but to work to make some serious changes in the organization. IMO the folks in charge need to have their priorities modified, or they need to be replaced.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Most effective gun rights organization?,....is...... WE THE PEOPLE!!!

With that aside, I always feel good sending support to GOA.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

for state of Arizona, would be Arizona Citizens Defense League, they have done more in this state to preserve rights than the nra has for sure.

every gun owner in Arizona should be a member

of course just my opinion

I stepped away from NRA a tad before the pierre shiat came out, its been long known of his extorting and cheating bull shiat, and still they give the sucker huge raise, now go figure a half a mil, plus bonus.
give me a fricken break is it to grease the wheels for him
Winmagbill

Post by Winmagbill »

I won't debate if they are "effective" but the NRA needs cash to pay for the 57% pay increase for their CEO. In 2018 $2.15 million total compensation: "LaPierre received a base salary of $1.3 million, plus a bonus of $455,000 and “other reportable compensation” of more than $427,000, the filings show. La­Pierre also received an additional $73,793 in “retirement and other deferred compensation” and “nontaxable benefits” from the NRA and related entities, according to the filings, which the NRA provided"
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Goa is good but I like to support local. AZ CDL is great. Just like the Marijuana thing and several other initiatives when the number of states legalizing something reaches a tipping point the fed MUST follow. Some counties are becoming 2A sanctuaries and 46 states the RKBA in their constitutions. If we can get enough states to abide by their own constitutions with local pressure the Fed will have no choice but to correctly abide by “shall not be infringed”

In case you didn’t know, Amazon will give .5% of your purchases as a donation through their “smile” program. AZCDL can be named as the charity.

Nothing better than to have Jeff Bezos support a local 2A action group. You have to register the charity you are supporting and enter Amazon through their smile portal and that’s it. AZCDL gets .5% of everything you spend at Amazon.
Flash

Post by Flash »

GOA has done very little to help gun owners, but they do talk a good fight.

AzCDL locally and the only Nationally viable one is the NRA, whether we like it or not.
The Nizzard

Post by The Nizzard »

Fair enough....
I just joined the AZCDL....
as for national I will have to dwell a bit more..

thanks for the replies. They are all appreciated.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

The Nizzard wrote: November 28th, 2019, 12:41 pm
I just joined the AZCDL....
Congrats, great choice. Look at their web site an learn how to use "Request to Speak". You will get notices of legislation coming up that affects gun owners and you can share your thoughts in writing with the legislature. You don't have to go take the microphone if you don't want to but you can also request to speak at the meeting.
baja

Post by baja »

State? AZCDL.
National? GOA.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

NRA is the most despised by the anti’s, I say keep fueling the fire.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

xerts1191 wrote: December 1st, 2019, 7:04 pm NRA is the most despised by the anti’s, I say keep fueling the fire.
Excellent point,... one I have made here multiple times!

Demonscats whine like little girls when they think about the amount of influence the NRA has in DC. Even with all its faults and corruption, they do know how to play the game! :whistle:
thom

Post by thom »

Congratulations to you for joining the AZCDL. The best organization for the gun owners of Arizona.
Flash

Post by Flash »

For those of you who say the GOA is the most effective, exactly where are they in the case currently before the Supreme Court Of The United States that may shape our future? Nowhere to be found. The NRA is there, though.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4251054002

Supreme Court may expand Second Amendment rights despite repeal of disputed gun restrictions

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court may be on the verge of expanding gun rights for the first time in nearly a decade. What's surprising is how it got there.

The court on Monday will hear a challenge to an obscure New York City rule that set such rigid restrictions on transporting legally owned guns that it was repealed in July.

But it turns out that wasn't what they really wanted. Backed by the National Rifle Association and the Trump administration, the challengers to New York's abandoned restrictions are hoping the high court refuses to declare the case moot. That would give them a chance to win the biggest Second Amendment victory since landmark rulings a decade ago affirmed the right to keep guns at home for self-defense.

Faced with a defunct ban on transporting guns outside city limits, the increasingly conservative court majority could render a decision making clear what some justices believe: that the Second Amendment extends beyond the home, and that lower courts should view state and local limits on carrying guns in public with skepticism.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

"Faced with a defunct ban on transporting guns outside city limits, the increasingly conservative court majority could render a decision making clear what some justices believe: that the Second Amendment extends beyond the home, and that lower courts should view state and local limits on carrying guns in public with skepticism."

------------------------------------

What a fracking joke!!! The Human Right to self defense is (as our forefathers have written) INALIENABLY ENDOWED BY OUR CREATOR upon and within all Human Beings!

Never read a caveat clause declaring RIGHTS INALIENABLY ENDOWED upon AND WITHIN A DOMICILE!!!

Pretty frackin sad that our Human Rights have reached this level of infringement, that we have to have our Government Servants try to clarify, that which has been perfectly clear, for centuries!!!

jm.02