CORRECTION Judge ALLOWS Sandy Hook/Remington Case

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

CORRECTION Judge ALLOWS Sandy Hook/Remington Case

Post by smithers599 »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfish ... c1d5934fc6

But naturally,
Attorney Joshua Koskoff of Koskoff & Bieder vowed to appeal the dismissal.

"While the families are obviously disappointed with the judge’s decision, this is not the end of the fight," he said in a prepared statement. "We will appeal this decision immediately and continue our work to help prevent the next Sandy Hook from happening.”
Last edited by smithers599 on March 23rd, 2019, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuietM4

Re: Judge Dismisses Sandy Hook/Remington Case

Post by QuietM4 »

This doesn't pertain to the current lawsuit against Remington...the article is from October 2016.
Flash

Re: Judge Dismisses Sandy Hook/Remington Case

Post by Flash »

The current lawsuit will end up dismissed also.
smithers599

Re: WRONG Judge DOES NOT Dismiss Sandy Hook/Remington Case

Post by smithers599 »

QuietM4 wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 10:31 am This doesn't pertain to the current lawsuit against Remington...the article is from October 2016.
I apologize. That's what I get for forwarding something without checking carefully first. The current lawsuit against Remington is very much alive and threatening.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-world/2019/03/14/newtown-shooting-families/
The gun industry suffered a stinging setback as Connecticut’s top court said families of victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre could move ahead with their lawsuit against Remington Arms Co. over its marketing of military-style Bushmaster weapons.
In a first-of-its-kind decision, the state Supreme Court said the families could sue for "wrongful" marketing under a state unfair-trade practice law. The court, reinstating a suit dismissed by a trial judge in 2016, adopted the families' novel way around a federal law that protects the gun industry from liability.
QuietM4

Re: CORRECTION Judge ALLOWS Sandy Hook/Remington Case

Post by QuietM4 »

It's interesting that they are attacking from a standpoint of "your advertisement makes people do bad things". I've seen a lot of firearm ads in my day, including creating some, and I have never seen an ad that could reasonably promote a school shooting. If this ever gets in front of a jury, I don't see this going well for the plaintiffs...no reasonable person should view any add as promoting shooting people.
Flash

Re: CORRECTION Judge ALLOWS Sandy Hook/Remington Case

Post by Flash »

They're just looking for deep pockets and a big payday. Hopefully Remington hangs in there and ends up collecting their own lawyer fees from the plaintiffs.