Never encountered this before...

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
semperfisurveyor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Never encountered this before...

Post by semperfisurveyor »

...been a fan of Sig pistols for quite a spell and have taken to collecting older German units when they present themselves at a reasonable cost.

Have an extra P239 that an active duty serviceman stationed at Luke AFB has taken an interest in, and offered up a W. German P228 in trade.

I have a serious soft spot for the P228, but the hitch is he is a Florida resident under orders to Luke. He has a Florida CWP - don’t I legally have to conduct this swap through an FFL?

QuietM4

Re: Never encountered this before...

Post by QuietM4 »

If he has PCS orders to Luke AFB, he is an Arizona resident in the eyes of the BATFE. Any personal transaction you conduct with him is fine.

If he was to go into a gun shop to purchase a handgun, he would simply show is PCS orders (which establish his Arizona residency), and complete the 4473 as anyone else would.
semperfisurveyor

Post by semperfisurveyor »

Learn something new everyday!

Much obliged QuietM4...just occurred to me I left active duty 21 years ago, but I should’ve known this.

May be gettin’ old, but never to old to learn.
samnev

Post by samnev »

QuietM4 wrote: September 24th, 2018, 5:47 pm If he has PCS orders to Luke AFB, he is an Arizona resident in the eyes of the BATFE. Any personal transaction you conduct with him is fine.

If he was to go into a gun shop to purchase a handgun, he would simply show is PCS orders (which establish his Arizona residency), and complete the 4473 as anyone else would.
I agree with the above.