U.S. v. Rahimi is going to the Supreme Court

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

U.S. v. Rahimi is going to the Supreme Court

Post by Suck My Glock »

pneuby

Re: U.S. v. Rahimi is going to the Supreme Court

Post by pneuby »

In light of the standard set in the Bruen decision, this one is going to be very interesting! It's only 8mins, and well worth the watch.
Suck My Glock

Re: U.S. v. Rahimi is going to the Supreme Court

Post by Suck My Glock »

It looks like there is a chance that the Rahimi case may also be accompanied to the SCOTUS by Garland v. Range, wherein the character at the center of that case is a more traditional non-violent and sympathetic felon than Mr. Rahimi. Folks who champion that felon firearms prohibition is unduly harsh on those who do in fact reform their ways or were never truly dangerous to begin with would put forward Mr. Range as an example to consider, while those who want to keep the blanket all out prohibition for all felons forever status quo would prefer the less sympathetic character to present in Mr. Rahimi. As it turns out, the fact that the Range case was delayed in getting to the point where they could apply for Certiorari to the SCOTUS, and thereby ensuring Rahimi would be considered first was no accident, and the result of manipulations behind the scene to try to get only the most dastardly dude up there, to make it easier for the justices to rule against restoring Constitutionality.

But the advocates for treating released felons in accordance with Constitutional principles as the citizens they actually are have not given up, and Garland v. Range has also been finally submitted to SCOTUS for Certiorari. If Range is accepted by SCOTUS for review, it likely could mean that SCOTUS recognizes there are actual merits to the idea of proving a means for former felons to in some way have a path to regaining their civil rights and which they would like to allow for, but without having to also provide the same for "the worst of the worst". Thus, having a chance to rule on both Rahimi and Range, SCOTUS would have an opportunity to create a pressure release valve, so to speak; putting forth some sort of scheme by which one class of mere misbehaving persons can return to full citizenship, while the truly evil bad guys remain barred.

Garland v. Range will be considered by SCOTUS during their next pre-season meet-up, which begins Nov. 17th.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/while ... of-rahimi/