Federal Court strikes down Kathy Hochul’s new gun law

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Federal Court strikes down Kathy Hochul’s new gun law

Post by Suck My Glock »

xerts1191

Re: Federal Court strikes down Kathy Hochul’s new gun law

Post by xerts1191 »

:clap:
billdeserthills
Banned
Banned

Post by billdeserthills »

Great news! I hate the way demidiots insist on disarming all the victims
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

The commies are saying....That dam constitution!
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

There are few small chunks of the law that did not get enjoined (carry in places of worship for example) - hopefully the rulings get upheld and the rest of it gets tossed sooner rather than later. I was VERY happy to see that they tossed the prohibition of carry on public transportation. All the wins are important - but that one was crucial.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Its very difficult to make your way around NYC without using public transportation. Making it a "sensitive" area would likely mean they are forcing NYers to break the law.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Boriqua wrote: October 10th, 2022, 3:02 pm Its very difficult to make your way around NYC without using public transportation. Making it a "sensitive" area would likely mean they are forcing NYers to break the law.
I believe that I read that 57% of New Yorkers don't own a car. Calling public transportation a "sensitive area" was absolutely a mechanism to make legal keeping and bearing of arms almost impossible for a majority of New Yorkers.... Very glad that this chunk got quashed in the first round of rejections re this law.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

BigNate wrote: October 11th, 2022, 4:40 pm
Boriqua wrote: October 10th, 2022, 3:02 pm Its very difficult to make your way around NYC without using public transportation. Making it a "sensitive" area would likely mean they are forcing NYers to break the law.
I believe that I read that 57% of New Yorkers don't own a car. Calling public transportation a "sensitive area" was absolutely a mechanism to make legal keeping and bearing of arms almost impossible for a majority of New Yorkers.... Very glad that this chunk got quashed in the first round of rejections re this law.
Well, if walking the streets is where you can pack, but not the subway, it won't take long for the thugs to operate primarily there. When the data shows taking the train is taking your life in your hands, people will demand action.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Suck My Glock wrote: October 11th, 2022, 7:50 pm
BigNate wrote: October 11th, 2022, 4:40 pm
Well, if walking the streets is where you can pack, but not the subway, it won't take long for the thugs to operate primarily there. When the data shows taking the train is taking your life in your hands, people will demand action.
Pretty sure that a federal judge has already enjoined (struck down) the part of the law that says that you can't carry on public transportation.

Had they not - I think that what you said would happen, would happen - and I think that there would be outcry - and I think that the gun grabber idiots would not care one bit about the outcry because they see the world through the lens of comprehensive government control which requires a disarmed society and they use "gun - scary... gun person bad..." messaging to convince the sheep that they will finally be safe when society is disarmed. It is amazing just how stupid our nation is becoming.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

The subways have always been dicey especially back in the bad days which was basically everything before Giuliani. Some lines are worse than others but most all of them cross areas you don't want to be in but its hard to get anywhere in the 5 boroughs without them. a 30 minute trian or bus trip might be an hour or more by car and then you have no place to park it. I had a motorcycle but no car in NYC for years. just wasnt worth the cost and aggravation.

Now they need to go after the restrictions in public parks .. where you are likely to get jumped.
and they absolutely have to lift restrictions on places of worship.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

NY City subway when I was still traveling on two trains and a bus for over an hour to get to my first High school

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/07/ ... s/?edg-c=1
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Looks like its not all done just yet
NY’s gun law remains in effect as battle ensues over Syracuse judge’s decision to strike it down
https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2022/10/ ... -down.html