Colorado Antifa shooter gets no prison time on attempted manslaughter conviction

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Colorado Antifa shooter gets no prison time on attempted manslaughter conviction

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://ngo.locals.com/post/2172117/col ... conviction

Colorado Antifa shooter Samuel Young, who was convicted of four counts of attempted manslaughter when he shot at a driver trying to flee rioters on the highway in Aurora, was sentenced this week to no prison time. He received only five years of probation instead of the six years in prison that the prosecution sought. He had faced a maximum of 16 years in prison under sentencing guidelines.

On July 25, 2020, far-left extremists from a local communist group shut down the I-225 highway in Aurora. A driver who tried escaping from the mob was fired at five times by Young. His shots missed the driver but two of his comrades were injured.

At his trial in March this year, Young was also convicted of two counts of second-degree assault and one count of illegal discharge of a firearm. He received a 90-day and 30-day county jail sentence for those convictions, respectively.

Mere hours before the shooting in 2020, Young wrote and published an essay on Medium expressing support for the Antifa rioters in Portland, Ore. and saying that the U.S. was on the cusp of a fascist takeover.

cool arrow

Re: Colorado Antifa shooter gets no prison time on attempted manslaughter conviction

Post by cool arrow »

well this sure sets an interesting precedent....
SupportTheSecond

Re: Colorado Antifa shooter gets no prison time on attempted manslaughter conviction

Post by SupportTheSecond »

And the non prosecution wheel moves on. People wonder why crime is so bad in certain burgs. This right here is like out of the playbook of that idiot in S.F.
Doc

Post by Doc »

To be fair the guy driving a jeep prob never off roads thus he would deserve being shot. Not killed, but shot.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Its coming to Phoenix. Someone close to me was a Phoenix cop for a short time (about a year)... They quit for a variety of reasons - but the big ones were the perceived lack of support from city leadership, the kowtowing to the anti-police radicals, and the fact that they were arresting the same people over and over - and the prosecutors just kicked them back out onto the streets. These ranged from a transient that was arrested more than every other day for a month for shoplifting (I seem to remember them saying 16 times in 30 days) - to a felon gang-banger who pitched a gun while fleeing - and was cut loose the next day. If the DA is not going to prosecute crimes - why do they exist?
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

BigNate wrote: May 24th, 2022, 11:18 am If the DA is not going to prosecute crimes - why do they exist?
You silly rationalist. The only thing that matters is votes.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

And this my friends is why crime is running rampant
Jay Gee

Post by Jay Gee »

What do we call that Nut Job privilege? But once the normals start shooting back they will face prison.
thom

Post by thom »

Let's hope that it doesn't get that way in Arizona. Then it will be time to get better judges by voting.
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

Not with the election aparatus that gave us Katie Hobbs.
baja

Post by baja »

jls in az wrote: March 15th, 2023, 4:57 pm Not with the election aparatus that gave us Katie Hobbs.
That's a fact.