The new king of New Jersey was motivated by being denied a CCW permit

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

The new king of New Jersey was motivated by being denied a CCW permit

Post by Suck My Glock »

The truck driver who just unseated the New Jersey Senate President with under $200 vs. the MILLIONS arrayed against him,...admits he got his start in Jersey politics because of how hard it is to get a CCW permit in that trashy place.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/0 ... ney-519502

Durr’s holds some deeply conservative positions. He’s advocated for cutting income, corporate and other state taxes in order for “businesses to grow,” and for reducing property taxes. He has also said that “abortion is wrong and should be stopped,” pushing for legislation that would outlaw the procedure if a fetal heartbeat is detected.

Durr said he is an ardent supporter of the Second Amendment, declaring in a recent YouTube interview that difficulties getting a concealed carry permit motivated him to seek office. New Jersey has some of the most aggressive gun control laws in the nation.

“What motivated me more than anything” to get into politics was not being able to get a concealed carry gun permit,” Durr said in the interview. “I still don’t consider myself a politician.”

smithers599

Re: The new king of New Jersey was motivated by being denied a CCW permit

Post by smithers599 »

Sweeeeeet!
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

We need many more like him to get in office.
Doc

Post by Doc »

A man has to stand for something.

Good on him.
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

He didn't win due to a 4 am dump.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

mtptwo wrote: November 6th, 2021, 9:23 am He didn't win due to a 4 am dump.
Actually,...it is still being contested. But,...those pesky hiding ballots just keep getting "found".

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... uck-driver

Powerful New Jersey Senate Democrat says '12,000 ballots recently found' support refusal to concede to truck driver

Democratic New Jersey Senate President Steve Sweeney, who is projected to lose his bid for reelection against a little-known truck driver, is talking about "recently found" ballots to support his refusal to concede the race.

The defiant incumbent released a statement to the Philadelphia Inquirer on Thursday that explained why he is not ready to admit defeat to his Republican challenger.

“The results from Tuesday’s election continue to come in, for instance there were 12,000 ballots recently found in one county,” Sweeney said in an email, not naming the county. “While I am currently trailing in the race, we want to make sure every vote is counted. Our voters deserve that, and we will wait for the final results.”

The Washington Examiner sent an email to Sweeney's office Friday evening seeking more information.

The race between Sweeney and Edward Durr was called late Thursday morning by the Associated Press. There were roughly 2,000 votes between them and 100% of precincts reporting. Durr led by 32,742 votes, or 51.8%, while Sweeney trailed with 30,444, or 48.2%.

While Democrats in the state Senate appear to be moving on already, reaching an agreement that Nicholas Scutari will be the next New Jersey Senate president, according to the New Jersey Globe , there is a similar holdout in New Jersey's gubernatorial election.

Incumbent Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy was declared the winner by a slim margin against Republican candidate Jack Ciattarelli on Wednesday, but Ciattarelli so far has refused to concede .

"No one should be declaring victory or conceding the election until every legal vote is counted," he said in a video Thursday. He also noted "thousands" of provisional ballots and mail-in votes have yet to be counted.

After a 2020 election cycle in which former President Donald Trump and his allies claimed fraud and irregularities were rampant, despite election officials saying otherwise, allegations were made on social media of fraud in the New Jersey governor's contest, but no evidence has emerged to show such malfeasance, according to media reports.

Election results in several towns in Union County, where officials said poll workers did not properly remove thumb drives that count votes, resulted in reporting delays . In some places across the state, mail-in-ballots were still rolling in throughout the week and provisional ballots were not expected to be opened until Monday.

The deadline for receipt of timely mailed postmarked mail-in ballots (those postmarked by Nov. 2) to the County Boards of Election, can be counted through Monday, according to New Jersey's Department of State .

Sweeney has held the seat for 20 years and has served as the state Senate's president since 2010. New Jersey's 3rd state Senate District, which he represents, covers parts of Gloucester, Cumberland, and Salem counties. The district has been solidly blue in both the state Senate and General Assembly since Sweeney was elected to office in 2003 .
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Well then, truck driver guy should say "Cool. Look what I just found in the back of my truck. 13,000 votes."
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Gun packing truck driver wins!!!!

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/po ... s/3042442/

Edward Durr Claims Victory as NJ Senate President Steve Sweeney Concedes Loss
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Suck My Glock wrote: November 10th, 2021, 10:34 pm Gun packing truck driver wins!!!!

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/po ... s/3042442/

Edward Durr Claims Victory as NJ Senate President Steve Sweeney Concedes Loss
And they're already trying to burn him down.
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/lo ... s/3034175/
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

I see he is well on the way to becoming a politician. Already apologizing to people who will never vote for him.