Latest Actions by Biden's KGB Against Gun Owners

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Latest Actions by Biden's KGB Against Gun Owners

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Jack Dupp wrote: June 8th, 2021, 8:33 pm Is this the softer, gentler Clyde 2.0? I would have expected Clyde to offer up an arse-kicking before the end of the 2nd page! Where is Clyde 1.0 and what have you done with him??
LOL, why thank you for that welcome compliment sir. I'm trying to not get banned, but the idiocy here is a bit overwhelming at times, so I have learned to control that inner demon. But, I won't turn down a good time if they ask for it. :D

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

A_C Guy

Post by A_C Guy »

One problem I see with the tax stamp solution is that your new permission slip only allows you unfettered use in your home state. If you want to travel with an NFA item, you need to get permission to do so; like asking the teacher for a hall pass to go potty in the 3rd grade.

The biggest issue, as Clyde pointed out, is either you believe the 2nd Amendment is a right or you believe firearms are a privilege subject to taxation and limitations of use; like your car. If owning a firearm (SBR or pistol grip equipped AR) is a right, then it can not be taxed. If you pay the tax, you are saying it is not a right and it is a privilege subject to restrictions and taxes.
A_C Guy

Post by A_C Guy »

XJThrottle wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:50 pm
kenpoprofessor wrote: June 8th, 2021, 3:35 pm
TheAccountant wrote: June 8th, 2021, 3:15 pm Pay a fee, submit fingerprints and forms, take a class, and have your personal information entered into a database to get your CCW and you’re a “real” gun owner. Pay a fee and submit fingerprints and forms for a SBR and you’re a “collaborator” or “fudd.” Makes sense.
Ah, I was wondering when our local Democrat would pop in.

Clyde
Is there a flaw to his logic in regards to this post? Don't recall anyone getting bashed for getting a CCW/CWP. It's typically promoted. Concealed carry is a constitutional right WITHOUT all the steps, yet are praised by getting the check mark from the man. What's the difference here?
The difference is that it is illegal to tax a Constitutional right.
The difference is the CCW is OPTIONAL, you don't need a CCW to exercise your 2nd amendment rights. It is an alternative to having a background check on each new purchase in AZ. It also allows us to carry in certain places where non CCW holders may not carry. It is a one time fee for all uses, not like the $200 tax on a $79 brace that is due and payable for each and every brace in your gun safe; for some people, the NFA stamps will add up to thousands of dollars plus the year long wait for each one.

The NFA system makes it difficult to transport an item, sell an item, modify an item (modifications to a suppressor are illegal). Your wife/spouse may not be allowed to be in possession of an NFA item unless you have a trust and she is listed. Your sons/daughters can not use your NFA items unless you are there with them. The restrictions on NFA item usage are onerous. I sold a suppressor, the buyer had to wait a year to take it home. I had to keep it in my safe for a year storing for him.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

A_C Guy wrote: June 9th, 2021, 6:14 am
XJThrottle wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:50 pm
kenpoprofessor wrote: June 8th, 2021, 3:35 pm

Ah, I was wondering when our local Democrat would pop in.

Clyde
Is there a flaw to his logic in regards to this post? Don't recall anyone getting bashed for getting a CCW/CWP. It's typically promoted. Concealed carry is a constitutional right WITHOUT all the steps, yet are praised by getting the check mark from the man. What's the difference here?
The difference is the CCW is OPTIONAL, you don't need a CCW to exercise your 2nd amendment rights. It is an alternative to having a background check on each new purchase in AZ. It also allows us to carry in certain places where non CCW holders may not carry. It is a one time fee for all uses, not like the $200 tax on a $79 brace that is due and payable for each and every brace in your gun safe; for some people, the NFA stamps will add up to thousands of dollars plus the year long wait for each one.

The NFA system makes it difficult to transport an item, sell an item, modify an item (modifications to a suppressor are illegal). Your wife/spouse may not be allowed to be in possession of an NFA item unless you have a trust and she is listed. Your sons/daughters can not use your NFA items unless you are there with them. The restrictions on NFA item usage are onerous. I sold a suppressor, the buyer had to wait a year to take it home. I had to keep it in my safe for a year storing for him.
Your logic isn't 100% sound.

The CCW is still a "tax" on your constitutional right, just a "use tax". It "allows" you to forgo a background check on a constitutionally guaranteed purchase. It "allows" you to exercise your constitutional right in places others with out the man's check mark can't. All a CCW amounts to is you paying a"tax" for them to give you a bit of slack on the leash that is restricting your 2A right.

Again, NFA is bullsh!t.

I'm one of those that have thousands of dollars in stamps, and many year long waits...
A_C Guy

Post by A_C Guy »

CCW is not a tax. It is optional, it is a fee we pay to expedite a process (no 4473 delays). If you don't want to pay for a CCW, you can still buy a new pistol, you just have to wait in line a little longer. My CCW just moves me into the express checkout line ahead of you.
No one is saying that you must buy a CCW retroactively. This NFA pistol brace move is retroactive.
Not having a CCW does not limit your use of your firearms. This NFA rule will limit your use of your pistol braced AR.
My logic may not be 100% sound in your opinion, but the initial post comparing the CCW to the NFA is a poor one; apples to oranges.
As Clyde points out, the appeasement of paying the NFA tax is just another step towards voluntary surrender / confiscation.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Many years ago someone told me when your perception is that everyone around you is an idiot, perhaps you are the idiot. Good rule.

It appears the same rule holds true for a Narcissist, since one person here accuses everyone who disagrees with him of being a narcissist. Or maybe not, maybe it's his only big word.

Psssst Accountant, you can quote me again, then he will see this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

A_C Guy wrote: June 9th, 2021, 6:49 am CCW is not a tax. It is optional, it is a fee we pay to expedite a process (no 4473 delays). If you don't want to pay for a CCW, you can still buy a new pistol, you just have to wait in line a little longer. My CCW just moves me into the express checkout line ahead of you.
No one is saying that you must buy a CCW retroactively. This NFA pistol brace move is retroactive.
Not having a CCW does not limit your use of your firearms. This NFA rule will limit your use of your pistol braced AR.
My logic may not be 100% sound in your opinion, but the initial post comparing the CCW to the NFA is a poor one; apples to oranges.
As Clyde points out, the appeasement of paying the NFA tax is just another step towards voluntary surrender / confiscation.
This is California logic. They impose “fees” because they don’t have the votes to impose a new tax. At the end of the day it’s money out of your pocket and into the state coffer. There isn’t a difference.

Beyond that, you missed the point. Nobody is arguing for the NFA. The point was there’s this attitude on this board, which I’ve never seen on any other board, that having NFA items is bad because you had to register. The point was that if you look at the process to register, it looks very similar to what people do to get their CCW, but somehow that’s viewed as a good thing around here.

At the end of the day, CCW or NFA, you are paying money to the government, giving your personal information, and waiting for permission to fully exercise your 2A rights. Neither are mandatory to carry or possess a firearm, but if you want to carry in certain places you must have a CCW and if you want to have certain firearms you must register under NFA.

I‘ll repeat this again just to be clear - I don’t agree with either regime. I posed the original question for someone to explain why people here think one is bad and one is good.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

A cut and paste from other "narcissists" or just roll-over and play dead:

SB Tactical:

Did you know that a NFA Tax Stamp for every brace is the fastest way to a willful submission to a National Firearm Registration?
Apparently they didn’t get the hint the first time. Back in December 2020 we got the ATF to remove their proposed rule change. This was a loud and clear message that we did not want them messing with our rights.

Somehow, this was taken as a suggestion to try again but THIS TIME with spreadsheets and bad math, as if all of the millions of gun owners were really just asking for their rights to be reduced to a points system “if it pleases the crown.”

Make no mistake they are coming for your braces, no matter who made it. They are coming for your receivers, and even the very definition of a “firearm” to arbitrarily remove your rights.

We are once again asking you to stand your ground by supporting the process, and submitting a comment when the Federal Register Posts. To beat them back and re-think whether the largest demographic of firearm ownership REALLY wants more gun control.
We will provide links, you just need to provide 5-10 minutes of your time to tell them what you really think (without cuss words).
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

TheAccountant wrote: June 9th, 2021, 8:51 am
A_C Guy wrote: June 9th, 2021, 6:49 am CCW is not a tax. It is optional, it is a fee we pay to expedite a process (no 4473 delays). If you don't want to pay for a CCW, you can still buy a new pistol, you just have to wait in line a little longer. My CCW just moves me into the express checkout line ahead of you.
This is California logic. They impose “fees” because they don’t have the votes to impose a new tax. At the end of the day it’s money out of your pocket and into the state coffer. There isn’t a difference.

Beyond that, you missed the point. Nobody is arguing for the NFA. The point was there’s this attitude on this board, which I’ve never seen on any other board, that having NFA items is bad because you had to register. The point was that if you look at the process to register, it looks very similar to what people do to get their CCW, but somehow that’s viewed as a good thing around here.

At the end of the day, CCW or NFA, you are paying money to the government, giving your personal information, and waiting for permission to fully exercise your 2A rights. Neither are mandatory to carry or possess a firearm, but if you want to carry in certain places you must have a CCW and if you want to have certain firearms you must register under NFA.

I‘ll repeat this again just to be clear - I don’t agree with either regime. I posed the original question for someone to explain why people here think one is bad and one is good.
This.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

YNOTAZ wrote: June 9th, 2021, 8:52 am A cut and paste from other "narcissists" or just roll-over and play dead:

SB Tactical:

Did you know that a NFA Tax Stamp for every brace is the fastest way to a willful submission to a National Firearm Registration?
Apparently they didn’t get the hint the first time. Back in December 2020 we got the ATF to remove their proposed rule change. This was a loud and clear message that we did not want them messing with our rights.

Somehow, this was taken as a suggestion to try again but THIS TIME with spreadsheets and bad math, as if all of the millions of gun owners were really just asking for their rights to be reduced to a points system “if it pleases the crown.”

Make no mistake they are coming for your braces, no matter who made it. They are coming for your receivers, and even the very definition of a “firearm” to arbitrarily remove your rights.

We are once again asking you to stand your ground by supporting the process, and submitting a comment when the Federal Register Posts. To beat them back and re-think whether the largest demographic of firearm ownership REALLY wants more gun control.
We will provide links, you just need to provide 5-10 minutes of your time to tell them what you really think (without cuss words).

Sad that some folks here need to be reminded of this, and yet still think it's OK to just get a stamp, as it's no different than a CCW. Sad indeed that folks are so willing to submit, but the train cars will be along any time now so they can get more of it.

The old sayings: What you allow will continue, or, the beatings will continue until morale is improved. Both of these come to mind reading some of these posts.

Clyde
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

A_C Guy wrote: June 9th, 2021, 6:14 am

They refuse to see the difference. Much like the Democrat strategist on the radio today. Even though he knows for a fact the flat tax is the fairest method of taxation, "he believes" the wealthy should pay more, no matter what. These guys are running on feelings and emotions, logic has leapt off the building.

Clyde
A_C Guy

Post by A_C Guy »

TheAccountant wrote: June 9th, 2021, 8:51 am The point was there’s this attitude on this board, which I’ve never seen on any other board, that having NFA items is bad because you had to register.
You have never been on AR15 . com?
They are just as opposed.
Plus many other sites as well. You may feel you are in the majority and are well intentioned, but you are in the minority and sound like a schill for the government; no offense intended. :mrgreen:
The point was that if you look at the process to register, it looks very similar to what people do to get their CCW, but somehow that’s viewed as a good thing around here.
They are as different as apples and oranges.
My CCW opens opportunities for me both in state and out of state; plus it is OPTIONAL.
NFA creates more restrictions in state and out of state; and it is MANDATORY.
To claim they are similar is very misleading and deceptive.
A_C Guy

Post by A_C Guy »

TheAccountant wrote: June 9th, 2021, 8:51 am I‘ll repeat this again just to be clear - I don’t agree with either regime. I posed the original question for someone to explain why people here think one is bad and one is good.
Every time the subject arises, everyone here knows that you will come along and say "Just pay the $200 and get your stamp."

You sound like a schill for the NFA.
You never once said "stand up for your rights and fight this NFA nonsense."

Then, as you did here, you try to divert the discuss and say "explain why people here think one is bad and one is good"

Typical politician/ liberal bureaucrat diversion tactic.....
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

A_C Guy wrote: June 9th, 2021, 3:49 pm They are as different as apples and oranges.
My CCW opens opportunities for me both in state and out of state; plus it is OPTIONAL.
WOW, some people just don't understand the difference between CCW and NFA registration.

A_C_Guy, You missed another small be very important part in that ridiculous comparison.

Drive from Arizona to a neighboring state without permission, with your NFA legally registered weapon and you are subject to a $250,000 or $500,000 fine and up to 10 years in prison.

In order to get that kind of sentence in Arizona for any firearms violation;

you have to further an act of terrorism with a firearm

use a firearm in a street gang shooting into a residence THAT IS OCCUPIED

sell a weapon to a person that you know is going to commit a felony.

You could be trafficking in weapons for financial gain to street gangs and you will only be subject to a maximum of 8.75 years under Arizona law.

rhetorical question is 10 years and $250,000 different than 8.75 years even though one is likely to cause death and the other is a joy ride?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

YNOTAZ wrote: June 9th, 2021, 4:24 pm
A_C Guy wrote: June 9th, 2021, 3:49 pm They are as different as apples and oranges.
WOW, some people just don't understand the difference between CCW and NFA registration.

A_C_Guy, You missed another small be very important part in that ridiculous comparison.

Drive from Arizona to a neighboring state without permission, with your NFA legally registered weapon and you are subject to a $250,000 or $500,000 fine and up to 10 years in prison.

In order to get that kind of sentence in Arizona for any firearms violation;

you have to further an act of terrorism with a firearm

use a firearm in a street gang shooting into a residence THAT IS OCCUPIED

sell a weapon to a person that you know is going to commit a felony.

You could be trafficking in weapons for financial gain to street gangs and you will only be subject to a maximum of 8.75 years under Arizona law.

rhetorical question is 10 years and $250,000 different than 8.75 years even though one is likely to cause death and the other is a joy ride?

C'mon Maaaaannnn :mrgreen:

Tony, really, there's no getting through with these democrat gun owners, they live in their "opinions and beliefs" and there is no amount of logic or fact that will deter their ideology, they stifle it with cognitive dissonance. We know this unfortunately, when the truth is right before their eyes, they will still not admit it.

Reminds me of the old Monty Python Skit.

Clyde