Latest Actions by Biden's KGB Against Gun Owners

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
jls in az
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Latest Actions by Biden's KGB Against Gun Owners

Post by jls in az »

Justice Department Issues Proposed Rule and Model Legislation to Reduce Gun Violence
New Steps Would Enhance Enforcement of the National Firearms Act and Aid States in Drafting “Extreme Risk Protection Order” Laws
Today, the Department of Justice announced two new steps to help address the continuing epidemic of gun violence affecting communities across the country. First, the department issued a notice of proposed rulemaking that makes clear that when individuals use accessories to convert pistols into short-barreled rifles, they must comply with the heightened regulations on those dangerous and easily concealable weapons. Second, the department published model legislation to help states craft their own “extreme risk protection order” laws, sometimes called “red flag” laws. By sending the proposed rule to the Federal Register and publishing the model legislation today, the department has met the deadlines that the Attorney General announced alongside President Biden in April.

“The Justice Department is determined to take concrete steps to reduce the tragic toll of gun violence in our communities,” said Attorney General Merrick B. Garland. “Today we continue to deliver on our promise to help save lives while protecting the rights of law-abiding Americans. We welcome the opportunity to work with communities in the weeks and months ahead in our shared commitment to end gun violence.”

The department issued a notice of proposed rulemaking that would make clear that the statutory restrictions on short-barreled rifles apply to pistols that are equipped with certain stabilizing braces and intended to be fired from the shoulder. The National Firearms Act imposes heightened regulations on short-barreled rifles because they are easily concealable, can cause great damage, and are more likely to be used to commit crimes. But companies now sell accessories that make it easy for people to convert pistols into these more dangerous weapons without going through the statute’s background check and registration requirements. These requirements are important public safety measures because they regulate the transfer of these dangerous weapons and help ensure they do not end up in the wrong hands. The proposed rule would clarify when these attached accessories convert pistols into weapons covered by these heightened regulations.

Once the proposed rule is published in the Federal Register, the public will have 90 days to submit comments. To view the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, please see here.

The department also published model legislation and detailed commentary that will make it easier for states to craft “extreme risk protection orders” authorizing courts to temporarily bar people in crisis from accessing firearms. By allowing family members or law enforcement to intervene and to petition for these orders before warning signs turn into tragedy, “extreme risk protection orders” can save lives. They are also an evidence-based approach to the problem. The model legislation, developed after consultation with a broad range of stakeholders, provides a framework that will help more states enact these sensible laws.

To read the model legislation, please see here.

To learn more about the rulemaking process, please see here.

Isnake

Re: Latest Actions by Biden's KGB Against Gun Owners

Post by Isnake »

Well at least we knew who Merrick Garland was before we made that mistake.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

:roll:
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

AZ1182 wrote: June 7th, 2021, 6:16 pm I knew that this would eventually happen, and that all of the screeching, teeth gnashing, and infighting within the gun community would never change a damn thing about it. It's why I decided to do the SBR route, because the braces at the time and most of them even now except for the Tailhook 2, just plain sucked in my opinion and my radar was tingling that this could be a mess legally at some point. So I used my own due diligence and decided that it was much cheaper paying $200 than thousands upon thousands with a legal battle in court.

My decision had nothing to do with low emotional derping about our rights. For what it's worth I agree with you all but also for what it's worth, shall not be infringed hasn't been working out as a viable defense in our courtrooms now, has it??? I used my brains and not my emotions and did what I knew what was smart. I keep being validated by it.

Use your brains, file 13 your feelings. Or do or don't, just don't take it out in people that were never your enemy as it does nothing good and makes our divide worsen.

So, what you're saying is, BBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA like a good little sheep then?? That's what I'm seeing anyway.

Clyde
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

AZ1182 wrote: June 7th, 2021, 6:27 pm
Nope. What I'm saying is that you should think before saying remarks like that and wind yourself in before trying to make things difficult with people, over something that neither of us can control.

You really should actually try to read what I said, and keep doing just that until you can figure it out that I was neither pro or against, but was elucidating why we need to use common sense instead of feelings with the subject.

Common sense, well, it doesn't exist, I'm pretty sure you're already aware of that, correct??? If "common sense" were truly common, the phrase generally would not be prefaced with those other words, "it should be". :o

Now, that being said, I'm glad you're a happy sheep, get your dip and vaccine, trimmed up, be all pretty, and that works for you. But dammit, I swore an oath, and I'll keep it, it didn't have an expiration date. All those 2A rallies mean is, they know who you are, and where to look, and leaving comments on the ATF page, well, hell, that just means it's easier to come find you. They haven't done a damn bit of good, Trump was instrumental in giving us one right up the ass as well, don't forget.

Clyde
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

AZ1182 wrote: June 7th, 2021, 6:16 pm
My decision had nothing to do with low emotional derping about our rights. For what it's worth I agree with you all but also for what it's worth, shall not be infringed hasn't been working out as a viable defense in our courtrooms now, has it???
Just because it hasn't been working lately, doesn't mean we shouldn't work to change it. I wonder how Washington would have reacted to your sentiment when the Britts came to confiscate their assault weapons?

Well we haven't had a lot of luck in the last few skirmishes, it's damn cold out there, and it's Christmas, let's stay home.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

AZ1182 wrote: June 7th, 2021, 6:59 pm Common sense is either there or it isn't. Between us both, you're reacting from feelings whereas I used common sense.

And having common sense still does not make one a sheep, because in the real world false narratives holds no water.

I took an oath too, you're not the only one there. Nothing I said disparaged gun ownership nor violated the oaths that I had taken upon each reenlistment, all I said was to use your heads and not your feelings. Remember, the 1A is part of the Constitution as well.

Was mentioning Trump hunting over bait? Because if it was, sorry, I don't feed the trolls nor do I have a TDS and blindly support Libertarian's whose candidate wanted open borders and supports Marxism disguised as social justice. I do however block them. You see, I'm not a fan of toxic persons as I tend to be rather allergic to BS; All feelings resulting from a narcistic ego, no brains, and absolute in diminishing all returns during exchanges such as these.

Any other not clever edgy responses that won't change the ATF's decision making process?
I'm sure you'd be content to pay for your voting rights as well then, or any of your Constitutionally enumerated rights, because, well, it doesn't disparage them.

CLyde
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

AZ1182 wrote: June 7th, 2021, 7:36 pm
I get it, reading critical is hard for you.
Your logic, as I'm reading it is, you're OK to pay for your rights, it's that simple. There's nothing "critical" about anything you wrote. My comprehension skills are well beyond the average, yet you seem to be lagging.

Clyde
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

AZ1182 wrote: June 7th, 2021, 7:55 pm Incorrect. My logic is, if I pay for the ability to use a stock, despite myself not liking it, I get a get out of issues like now card, as well as a stock that gives a better cheek weld as well as a better length of pull. The fact that you cannot think past your own feelings and do so from an impartial viewpoint, speaks how simple minded you're acting right now. You think that my paying for it, is paying for a right when the reality is that I am paying for a headache free issue that also allows me to use a stock as well, and a stock is twenty times better than the alternatives for 99 percent of the options right now.

So no, you haven't been simple because if anything you've been irrational about it. So yes, there's everything critical about what I wrote. I cannot help that you're acting too childish to actually see it. So no, your comprehension skills are lacking because you're ignorantly giving it more credit than it deserves. They call this the Dunning-Kruger Effect. You're a classic textbook case of it actually.

Now, getting past your weeds derailment, you still haven't answered whey you think trying to pick a fight with me is going to solve the actual issue with the ATF. I'm curious to see how arguing with me over nothing that changes nothing, will change things right now with those working against us. Timenowgo, Mr. "Comprehension" guy.

You're paying for your right, it's that simple. That's not illogical either. If you "own" a home, you never really own it, because you will owe the tax man in perpetuity, and should you not pay them, then it will no longer be "your" home.

I'm well aware of Dunning Kruger, which is why I wrote "beyond average". Now, had I written "exceptional" or even "spectacular", then the analogy would be relevant. But, I didn't, did I???

You, on the other hand, have something called "having chains rest lightly upon you" . Gosh, I wonder where that phrase came from?? :o

Clyde
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I don't like when mommy and daddy fight....
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

He's content in feeling there is nothing that can be done so just leave him alone to roll over on his back and see if the ATF scratches his tummy or cuts his balls off.

Or maybe, he gets lucky and the ATF just shortens the chain a couple more links until next time.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

AZ1182 wrote: June 7th, 2021, 8:20 pm No you're being anything but simple, rinse and repeated. I am paying for a problem free solution that harms no one but your feelings apparently. I feel that we need to actually discuss why it's bothering you that someone out there, has paid a tax stamp to be problem free. Why are you so troubled by it, it harmed no one, changes nothing, does nothing wrong, and doesn't effect you or anyone else for that matter.

I'm afraid that you do not understand it fully, because you're giving yourself way too much credit at something so easy to understand yet you're wanting to make an issue where there was none. That's textbook low emotional intelligence being added to your reputation, right next to Dunning-Kruger. Anything else? Narcissism? Starting to look so at this rate.

But whatever, you won't answer why you want to make odds with me over something that won't change the ATF's decisions, but do want to argue over something that was in the past tense, done without your consent from the looks of it, and is inexplicably upset because of that. Bless your heart, you are making a box rocks look smart right now. Let that sink in and marinate for a bit before you dig that hole any deeper.

You're attempting to justify you paying for your rights, end of story. Here, this video may help explain.

Clyde
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

AZ1182 wrote: June 8th, 2021, 2:51 am Nope, I'm playing the game so I don't lose my rights and still be able to legally own something that is heavily regulated. So still no, not end of story. In fact, it's the end of your false narrative. Remember, I can easily dismiss you just as much as you've been desperately trying to do with me.

Your childish false dichotomy video is meaningless as it holds no water.

Really, how much more back and forth are you going to try to vainly argue with me over something that changes nothing, creates more hostility between us, and won't stop the ATF at all? You keep avoiding these questions, which is actually pertinent to problem solving your fallacy based checker game with me.
So, as I said, you're paying for your rights, and you're attempting to justify doing so. Are you a democrat gun owner, because that's the same logic they use???

Clyde
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

AZ1182 wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:24 am So, as I said, you're playing the fallacy game making you still erroneously incorrect. My justifications for a stock is superior to a brace from cheek weld to length of pull, is valid. Why on earth would I want an inferior product on my rifle that is also a legal liability such as the points system?? Are you being this obtuse deliberately or has it always been slow on the uptake with you naturally? Wanting certain features is being subjective has nothing to do with rights as it's not mutually exclusive. You're just being a child grasping at straws to stretch the goalpost.

And neat, you're projecting your democratic tendencies into me. It wouldn't be the first or the last time that trolls such as yourself have concern trolled with 2A boards.

Not once did I mention a stock was superior to a brace, that's only you, I never made the argument. Your attempt to justify paying for your rights is clearly evident, just face up to it.

Troll, sure, I'm a troll, I troll those who argue that their rights are not inalienable, and will justify paying for them to ensure the alligator eats them last.

Clyde
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

AZ1182 wrote: June 8th, 2021, 5:13 am In order to put a stock on without violating the NFA laws, one has to pay in order to play. I had to keep mentioning this to you because I made that point into my very first post on why I chose an SBR over a pistol. A fact that you chose to ignore and instead focused on some BS argument that was made entirely from fallacies. I own a rifle, which is my right. But I want it smaller and better suited for CQB environments. How does one go about getting it smaller with a short barrel and a stock without going to jail? You're making this about rights and I am making this about not breaking the law. You're trying to falsely justify your invalid take on this, take your own advice and just face up to it.

You really to need to work on your metaphor game, it's not founded on actual facts at all.

Either start answering questions I ask that you have tap danced around and ignoring deliberately, or I'll just block you for being an argumentative ass that is doing us more harm than any good. It's what trolls do.

BTW, go ahead and block me, but I'll still respond to idiocy if you put it up, you just won't see it :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Clyde