Biden's 6 "initial actions" on Gun Control 4-8-2021

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
cool arrow
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Biden's 6 "initial actions" on Gun Control 4-8-2021

Post by cool arrow »

Boriqua wrote: April 8th, 2021, 8:06 am

To make it more base and an analogy most men will understand ..

Big G just said .. bend over ... oh dont worry .. I am only going to put in the tip! :whistle:
this was my thought too...this is just the beginning.

once the camel pokes his nose in your tent, the rest will follow

xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Yes
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Boriqua wrote: April 8th, 2021, 7:55 am
TheAccountant wrote: April 8th, 2021, 7:29 am Look at how much has actually changed in the last decade plus. Then look at how much money has been taken in, on both sides, from gun law campaigns. It’s the same thing every time: one side proposes a new law/rule and uses that to ramp up their fundraising. The other side acts like it’ll be the end of the world and ramps up their fundraising. Both sides like their pockets with cash from the common man. Nothing changes. Rinse and repeat.
Perhaps but just because radical gun legislation hasn't happened in 10 years doesn't make it a non issue. You may or may not be old enough to remember but .. there is a reason I had a Ruger P89 .. a rather oversized handgun with a magazine clearly made to hold 15 rounds that was neutered to only accept 10 and not only was that in my lifetime .. it doesn't seem that long ago. It came along with an "assault weapons" ban and a host of other gun legislation that did nothing to quell a seriously violent period in America.

My issues with attacks on the 2nd are deeper than toys or the ability to forcefully change government. I am not a one issue voter or thinker and while the 2nd is up there on the list its not the only thing on a government level that concerns me.

My issue with attacks on the 2nd is the stupidity. Its smoke and mirrors. I still cant find any evidence that they do anything more than harm the rights of mostly law abiding citizens. Guess I am just tired of the nonsense and lies.

Bring back meaningful prosecution and punishments for crimes committed with and without a gun because you are insulting my intelligence by claiming to do something about gun"VIOLENCE" while banning braces and other nonsense.

I lived watching the murder rate in NYC go from 2500 a year to some where around 400. Gun legislation wasnt the reason .. it was a focus on quality of life and rabid prosecution of crimes.

Bill Clintons attack on the 2A had nothing to do with it but what is old is new again.

There is something wrong with a system and with leadership when their goal, admittedly to bump up their influencer points, goes after a guy who owns 20 guns, worked everyday to afford to buy them and has done nothing wrong his whole life but some filthy animal punches some elderly woman in the face on a city street and since bail has been removed he walks in hours. THAT is the part about proposed gun legislation that insults me.
The point wasn’t that nothing has happened in 10 years so it’s a non-issue. The point was to look at how much money has changed hands through posturing over gun control in a set period of time and then examine what the actual effect of that cash flow was. It wasn’t meaningful hun legislation - it was a bunch of people enriching themselves.

One of the oldest sales tactics around is immediacy - act now or you’ll never see this opportunity again. I personally think that’s what 99.9% of this is, and there’s a reason they all talk about “defending” the 2A instead of advancing the 2A. If the goal is defense, then the status quo is success, and they can keep collecting money for doing nothing and calling it a success.

I’m not in the camp that believes there are still two sides to politics in DC. I think they wear different jerseys, but at the end of the day their intentions are very similar to pro sports: put on a show that generates revenue, do whatever it takes to get the contract extension, and pal around in their mansions and yachts. Maybe throw in some (underage) hookers and a private jet just for good measure.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

^^^
Very good points Accountant!!

Didn't see where you were going but

Agree.
Dauph

Post by Dauph »

AFT....

xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Sh!t for Brains
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

At least he got all the letters right.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

xerts1191 wrote: April 8th, 2021, 3:02 pm Sh!t for Brains
Yea I said it before .. he is a potato head. He is done. They must pump him full of stimulants and push him out with a script. NO ONE watching him speak can think he is OK.

I am not saying that mockingly .. its just fact. We have all seen the guy or girl whose mental faculties have left. Sucks but it happens.

Funny but my OLD dem liberal neighbors have been amazingly silent.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I think people forget that Ronald Reagan was suffering symptoms of dementia during his presidency also...but they had the common sense to keep him off of TV. I'm sure there were people on the left pointing that out at the time, but I don't remember...I was 4. Biden is certainly not all there, all the time...for f*** sake, he can't even string 3 letters together in the correct order...and it's on a teleprompter screen right in front of him.

Now, Reagan wasn't under 24/365 scrutiny like today's Presidents/politicians are. I am a firm believer that there should be a maximum age for a President, just like there is a minimum age requirement. 78 is just too old to be in charge of a country.

If Biden wasn't a prominent political figure, they would have taken away his car keys a few years ago. He's 6 months away from mistaking the gas pedal for the brake and plowing through a farmers market.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

QuietM4 wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:21 pm I think people forget that Ronald Reagan was suffering symptoms of dementia during his presidency also...but they had the common sense to keep him off of TV. I'm sure there were people on the left pointing that out at the time, but I don't remember...I was 4. Biden is certainly not all there, all the time...for f*** sake, he can't even string 3 letters together in the correct order...and it's on a teleprompter screen right in front of him.

Now, Reagan wasn't under 24/365 scrutiny like today's Presidents/politicians are. I am a firm believer that there should be a maximum age for a President, just like there is a minimum age requirement. 78 is just too old to be in charge of a country.

If Biden wasn't a prominent political figure, they would have taken away his car keys a few years ago. He's 6 months away from mistaking the gas pedal for the brake and plowing through a farmers market.
Your probably right. I would like to think there is room for evaluating someone's fitness on an individual basis but ... Gotta admit. 78 is to old to appear to be running the country and probably a host of other more mondaine activities.

Joe has now referenced "jim crow" several times for different events even while he was still a candidate.

How many young people even know what the hell he is referring to. It's like the old guy that talks about the big transition to talkies. Just comes off as a weird reference.

I remember reagen being of sound mind his first time through but yes by the second term there was some damage control.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I've met and known 80 year olds who were sharper than some 35 year old people I know, but that is an outlier. Bernie Sanders is 79, and he can hold his own. He has stupid ideas that no one should listen to, but he can readily defend them and carry on an intelligent conversation. He was on Joe Rogan's podcast last year, and it was good conversation.

Joe Biden got angry and yelled at a random guy who asked him about the 2nd Amendment. If no one else was there, I think he would have gotten physical with the guy...sudden mood swings and inability to control anger is a sign of dementia.

Biden...not so much. He can't even read "ATF" off a teleprompter correctly.
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

That said, NOW is the time to contact your Senators and demand they vote against the would be child killer David Chipman as head of the ATF. He actively supported the ATF and FBI actions in Waco and lied about the Branch Davidians to support his views.
Bard

Post by Bard »

Few quick observations

1) All these executive orders from a guy who slammed his predecessor for over use of executive orders are sad and ironic

2) Car slams into Capitol officers and driver jumps out with a knife, but no executive order banning cars of knives is hypocritical . Since his administration began, how many people have been hurt due to cars and knives? Ban both, now, to stop these epidemics...

3) Major Biden, the dog, has hurt more people and caused more clean up issues than anything i own.... Ban dogs.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

The first 18 minutes encapsulate Pedo-Joe's pile of lies.