HB2111 - any updates?

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
DMeacham
ArizonaShooting.org Member

HB2111 - any updates?

Post by DMeacham »

Looks like passed state house and senate.

I’m surprised no one has posted here. Anyone close to the bill have any updates? Looks like AZCDL is heavily involved here.

jls in az

Re: HB2111 - any updates?

Post by jls in az »

On March 30, HB 2111 passed out of the Senate and was sent back to the House where it will be transmitted to Governor Ducey.

HB 2111 states that, pursuant to the sovereign authority of Arizona and Article 2, Section 3 of the Arizona Constitution, the state and all political subdivisions (i.e., agencies counties, cities, etc.) are prohibited from using any personnel or financial resources to enforce, administer or cooperate with any act, law, treaty, order, rule or regulation of the United States government this is inconsistent with any Arizona law regarding the regulation of firearms.

Passage of HB 2111 would:
• Ban state and local enforcement of any federal firearms restrictions that don’t have concurrent measures in law in the state of Arizona.
• Ban state and local enforcement of any future federal firearms restrictions that are not legal in Arizona.
Once sent to the Governor, he has 5 business days to sign HB 2111 into law or veto the legislation.

We have prepared an email for you to send to Governor Ducey urging him to sign HB 2111 into law. You can send it as is or customize it with your own comments.

Send your email to Governor Ducey urging him to sign HB 2111 at http://azgovernor.gov/engage
Don't hesitate! Send your email today!
DMeacham

Post by DMeacham »

Yup. Got all that. Curious if anyone close to it knows if Ice Cream man will actually sign it.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Remow2112

Post by Remow2112 »

Isnake

Post by Isnake »

Well now...
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

Holy cow, he actually did something in our favor.
RufusXG

Post by RufusXG »

Good on him. Nice when all that AZCDL work gets rewarded.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

A toothless gesture designed to appease some while pissing off the Feds at the same time...good use of time and resources. This bill has the legal teeth of a bad Yelp review.
DMeacham

Post by DMeacham »

QuietM4 wrote: April 7th, 2021, 10:28 am A toothless gesture designed to appease some while pissing off the Feds at the same time...good use of time and resources. This bill has the legal teeth of a bad Yelp review.
You don’t see this as something more? Several other states have signed bills like this. If F troop shows up, local LE will not support their infringing.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Federal LEO does not need the help of local LEO...it just makes things a little easier for them. Usually, it's the other way around. State LEO's need the funding provided by the Federal government to buy them nice things...like APC's, armor, ammo, night vision, etc...which is usually just gently used hand-me-down items. I can easily envision a scenario where all these federal grant $ programs AZ has applied for mysteriously get refused.

Arizona, along with several other states, have also passed state sovereignty laws in the past. AZ has a law that states any firearms or firearm accessories made entirely in AZ, which are sold and stay in AZ, are exempt from federal regulations. How many of us have driven up to Ruger to buy a gun with no 4473? Did I miss the big Patriot Ordnance AZ ONLY Sale?

As I said before, the new law has the effect of a bad Yelp review.
Dauph

Post by Dauph »

DMeacham wrote: April 7th, 2021, 6:58 pm
QuietM4 wrote: April 7th, 2021, 10:28 am A toothless gesture designed to appease some while pissing off the Feds at the same time...good use of time and resources. This bill has the legal teeth of a bad Yelp review.
You don’t see this as something more? Several other states have signed bills like this. If F troop shows up, local LE will not support their infringing.
Until they are federalized?
AZGlock21

Post by AZGlock21 »

I'm glad he signed it. But I agree it does absolutely nothing. If the feds want to come into AZ or any other state and enforce any federal law they have plenty of manpower, equipment, and funding to do it. They don't need a local PD to help them. And with the full support of the executive branch and a weak SC behind them it will be easy.

AZ can beat their chest, and cry revolution or over my dead body but gun owners are rule followers and will cave in if it gets ugly. No guy with a good job and a family is going to go to jail over a pistol brace. They will just hand it over.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

Are you just a negative black pilled defeatist irl or do you just play one on the internet?
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

AZGlock21 wrote: April 7th, 2021, 8:40 pm I'm glad he signed it. But I agree it does absolutely nothing. If the feds want to come into AZ or any other state and enforce any federal law they have plenty of manpower, equipment, and funding to do it. They don't need a local PD to help them. And with the full support of the executive branch and a weak SC behind them it will be easy.

AZ can beat their chest, and cry revolution or over my dead body but gun owners are rule followers and will cave in if it gets ugly. No guy with a good job and a family is going to go to jail over a pistol brace. They will just hand it over.
What if someone does?

Will you stand and help then?

Or will you use another excuse?