The education establishment has succeeded

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

The education establishment has succeeded

Post by Suck My Glock »

xerts1911

Re: The education establishment has succeeded

Post by xerts1911 »

Another higher institution making dumb smart people
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

For the last 100 years, the Ivy League schools have proven repeatedly that a college education can go to one's head without ever reaching the brain. So, this is no surprise.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Karl Marx called em Useful Idiots.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I would bet none of them has read it. They are commenting based on hearsay from the echo chambers they live in.

What I find disturbing more than their desire to do away with the document is that people in higher learning wouldn't do the research themselves.
albertineswell
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by albertineswell »

Is this really what they want to do after 4 years of study? I do not know if I understood the video's message correctly, but it seems to me that this is simply absurd. People who understand how things work would not make such stupid and hasty conclusions. Higher education gives an understanding of many things, but people themselves must learn to think critically and process information, and not accept it in its pure form. Soon my sister will enter asa college miami florida, and I hope that she will learn all this there. I want to see her as a successful and intelligent woman in a few years.
samnev

Post by samnev »

As an old coot with a Masters Degree all of the folks I knew and went to University back in the day grew up to have successful careers, doctors, lawyers, teachers and in State Supreme Court Judge. BUT it's disgraceful how the left has taken over the collages and universities these days. Now we produce graduates that may be book smart but many have their heads up their butts.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Today, you can get a Ph.D. in "Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Celtic" from Cambridge, yet, likely not know how to balance a checkbook or write in cursive. If you're an athlete in an American university, results are even worse.

Education AINT what it used to be.
Half Cocked

Post by Half Cocked »

YNOTAZ wrote: May 17th, 2022, 8:00 am Today, you can get a Ph.D. in "Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Celtic" from Cambridge, yet, likely not know how to balance a checkbook or write in cursive. If you're an athlete in an American university, results are even worse.

Education AINT what it used to be.
Back in the day we had student athletes who were students first and played sports as a secondary activity. Nowadays that has been reversed with athletes being recruited from high schools under the oxymoron of "athletic scholarships" solely for their performance in sports. A lot of these "student athletes" will either end up getting a phony education or they will not complete the graduation requirements. These student athletes are not all dumb as a box of rocks and some will end up getting an education, often with a hefty dose of liberal claptrap, but the main reason that they are in school is to perform on the field or on the court.

For the NCAA Division I schools athletics is part of a big money entertainment industry. Coaches at these schools can receive multi-million dollar compensation packages. This is big business, not education.
Half Cocked

Post by Half Cocked »

Video: How Schools are Producing ARTIFICIAL STUPIDITY

Actually it is not artificial stupidity. It is REAL STUPIDITY.

Some of the comments to this video are below.
When I was in college I took a good hard look at most of my college professors, and for the most part, I wasn't impressed. I saw people who were sequestered away from reality, didn't work very hard, dressed like slobs, and thought they were entitled.
I didn't learn how to think until I struggled to become an electrician. Upon completing my apprenticeship, I realized how poorly educated I was in college and how it not only didn't prepare me for the working world, it set me back. I was smarter coming out of the Army, because everything I experienced there was real. No wonder college didn't make any sense to me.
It's long overdue to privatize the Public Education System. Give parents of school aged children Education Vouchers and let them choose which private school to send them to.
I used to regret not going to college, but knowing what I know is my own reward. I didn't have any meathead professors telling me what to think. I learned by doing. I know there's a lot I don't know, but I'm sure of the things I do know. I know how to find answers to questions I have. I find several different sources for the best information and ponder in my mind what is the best answer. I don't want to argue with someone that thinks they know. Just because they think they know doesn't mean they do know. Sometimes I believe I know more about certain things than a college graduate. I had a good education that could have gotten me into college, but financially wasn't possible. I worked hard and smart. I didn't just settle for any position available. I chose the ones that would challenge me. I've worked with accountants, engineers, shift foremen, and business managers. I've had business owners want to have me run there businesses. Not because I was a "Yes man", but because I had the ability. So not going to college hasn't been a bad experience.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

The biggest blow to the education system was the removal of trade classes in High School , and the rise of for-profit schools and politician-fessors.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

I've been on a trade schools advisory council for years, and went along and have given quite a few desertations at high schools in regards to career days, after explaining monies needed for college, and how one can go into the trades and make a helluva living and stil go to school part time and get that '''edgumancation" that some claim you need. Wages have been up for years for trades persons, much more than you can make a booger joint.
anyways, last year 5 schools well over a thousand young graduates and not one came up to chat after the disertations, well we did get a few teachers wanting to know if the school requirement was needed to find a job in trades, lol funny stuff.

and quite a disappointment. anyway, as noted the public system is broken and badly has been for decades, but they keep building momuments (new schools) to a failed system and most of all a failed mgt. system.

have convinced and assisting grandkids to go to private school, and hope they follow thru, no need to have more stupid come out of public system.

do away with public education, and make it mean something. not just a trophy for showing up (diploma)