SO WHAT DO YOU DO TO ASSIST IN GUN OWNER SHIP RETENTION

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
rockbronco
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: SO WHAT DO YOU DO TO ASSIST IN GUN OWNER SHIP RETENTION

Post by rockbronco »

DevilDocAZ wrote: December 15th, 2020, 10:02 pm I meet people who have never shot guns, and I offer to take them shooting. Some actually take me up on this.

I’ve had several purchase firearms after a few more outings. Some have even negotiated “okay I’ll get a gun but you have to help me clean it the first time” not a problem.

So what do I do? Send money to the echo chamber? No, like the men who changed the world, I’m going after hearts and minds.
This is great and a similar why I was introduced to firearms. I had not been around firearms much growing up. Sure my dad took me out once or twice to shoot the old rugar p89 he had stashed in a closet for years but that was it so guns had not been of much of an interest to me until my mid 20s. During that time I had a roommate that was very much into firearms which is what really introduced me to what firearms are all about. This started a snowball affect of buying my own and going shooting every chance I could get. I learned alot during that time including getting my CCW. In turn I ended up getting other friends and family involved in the hobby and passed on the importance of our rights to them which again spread to others.

I think this is some of the most important things we can do to support the right. Get those people introduced to firearms so they can understand the enjoyment that comes from owning them. Too many people fear a gun itself and simply believe they are dangerous to just be around. Show them that not only are they protection to even the odds they are also great enjoyment.

Besides introducing others I also donate to AZCDL along with being a member.

Flash

Re: SO WHAT DO YOU DO TO ASSIST IN GUN OWNER SHIP RETENTION

Post by Flash »

knockonit wrote: December 15th, 2020, 7:58 am well with present political conditions, this thread will be or is more relevant than ever, the fight to keep our goods will have to be well organized and planned, with as many participants as possible, if only the gun owners of America could agree to band, the movement would be unstoppable.
just my opinion though
best for the day
And you're right. The problem comes with the attitude of a lot of gun owners. A lot of them will only support a politician/organization/business that agrees with and supports their own beliefs 100%. If the person/organization/business deviates from that even once, they immediately post how they'll never do business there again, never give them another dime, never vote for them again, etc. ad nauseum.

I've never met anyone in my life who agreed with me 100% of the time and probably never will, which is okay, but the people who have become close friends reflect my beliefs the majority of the time and that's good enough. A lot of people just don't understand how things work in the real world. In the real world, politics is ultimately about compromise. If you you take an all or nothing stance, you'll get nothing and that's the way we're headed.

Now if we could get everyone to support some poltician or some organization 1100% then we could present a significant force.

I don't see this happening, unfortunately.