SO WHAT DO YOU DO TO ASSIST IN GUN OWNER SHIP RETENTION

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

SO WHAT DO YOU DO TO ASSIST IN GUN OWNER SHIP RETENTION

Post by knockonit »

Titles pretty clear, i see a whole lot of whiney posts about gun control, impending gun control, whata , shoulda , coulda.

What do you do to make the path perhaps a little better.
donate time
donate money
belong to gun groups or associations or clubs that promote gun ownership and responsibility
belong to the ugly now NRA
belong to our own great institution the AzCDL.org

just trying to find out who, what and when, while non of my business, just trolling perhaps, seems a whole lotta complainers but don't hear of what you are doing to forward the goal of our gun ownership.
best of luck with the future ownership
Rj

xerts1911

Re: SO WHAT DO YOU DO TO ASSIST IN GUN OWNER SHIP RETENTION

Post by xerts1911 »

Send all my retirement mad money to NRA, GOA, ACDL. Don’t volunteer much, as I can’t stand crowds. Try to advocate responsible gun ownership to all my Cali. transplant neighbor’s, for the most part some are already gun owners trying to escape the madness of the left coast. Love the looks I get when five minutes into introducing myself I’m asking them if they are gun enthusiasts, usually let’s me know where they stand. Talked my Mom into getting her CCW at 83yrs young. Just small sh!t, maybe it adds up?
Flash

Post by Flash »

Me and Mrs. Flash are both Life Members of the AzCDL, Life Members of the NRA and Charlton Heston Ambassador members of the NRA Heritage Society.

Never done volunteering as I sometimes lose my voice at inopportune times and that wouldn't work for most things.

I do send emails to elected representatives frequently, both Arizona reps and U.S. Reps.

We've gone to a few rallies also, starting back with the T.E.A Party rallies.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Figured this thread would garner a few more responses than this?
Flash

Post by Flash »

Most people don't really do anything to assist as RJ kinda pointed out in the OP and that's why this thread is pretty empty.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

AzCDL Life member
Vinnie B

Post by Vinnie B »

AZCDL Life Member
NRA Member

Most people I work for in their homes are transplants from Cali or elsewhere. Usually have good conversations about the freedoms we enjoy in AZ and like to keep possible with new voters.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

well with present political conditions, this thread will be or is more relevant than ever, the fight to keep our goods will have to be well organized and planned, with as many participants as possible, if only the gun owners of America could agree to band, the movement would be unstoppable.
just my opinion though
best for the day
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

It’s interesting to see the response to this question on this board as opposed to another local firearms board. While I’m underwhelmed by the number of people who responded about what they are doing, the responses have been positive.

On the other board it seems it was a buzzsaw of liberal fudds, saying that pushing people to join AZCDL and registering for AZ Request to Speak was shaming them.

Perhaps I should get more in touch with my feminine side while interacting with the Cali-Karens that are invading our state.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I kick in a little to AZCDL and a little to NRA and I voted Republican down the line except for one. NRA may be crooked as a dick that got slammed in a door but .. its still the big dog so until something better comes along??
87jeep

Post by 87jeep »

I have learned one thing, Money to politicians is the only way to change their ways, or them knowing the wizzzing they hear is 30 cal. Changing greed in people is near imposable.

Carry on
Doc

Post by Doc »

I meet people who have never shot guns, and I offer to take them shooting. Some actually take me up on this.

I’ve had several purchase firearms after a few more outings. Some have even negotiated “okay I’ll get a gun but you have to help me clean it the first time” not a problem.

So what do I do? Send money to the echo chamber? No, like the men who changed the world, I’m going after hearts and minds.
Flash

Post by Flash »

What's "the echo chamber?"
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

the post is really about the commonality of what we do to assist the gurus of the fight, and how we can become more efficient, but as it appears, most would rather not comment, or discuss what they do or think, or how they can help, must be an thing of some sort, but if we do not come together somehow to fight this crap that is going to come at us (gunowners) it will be the end of a helluva freedom and right

of course this is just my opinion, but with the influx of idgits from you know where, we are doomed to fall prey to the stupidity of the liberal
Rj
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Im fortifying my position into a bunker, loaded my bug out bag and filled my bugout vehicle with gas in case I have to take the fight out to the desert, I gathered freeze dried food and have strategically placed guns throughout the tube so that when the Feds come they can try and take the guns from MY COLD DEAD FINGERS!!! :shock:

Oh wait .. sorry .. I had a flash back to the old AZS! :mrgreen:

I am wondering how easy gun legislation goes now that the liberals bought a ton of guns?

Devildoc had a great answer and I try and do the same. Dragged a couple of the OLD lefties from my community out to the range. You would have thought they were 10 yr olds at christmas instead of people near 80 that have trouble moving!! and these were hard core Lefties.