Let's be brutally honest

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Let's be brutally honest

Post by Suck My Glock »

This was written by a friend of mine. He's a former 20 year LEO and now runs a "firearm experience" business for tourists from places unfriendly for guns. These are his thoughts on the "massive civil war".

https://everything-voluntary.com/hey-to ... bLL7gzeRIg

Hey Tough Guy, I Call BS; They Will Take Your Guns from Warm Compliant Hands

Boriqua

Re: Let's be brutally honest

Post by Boriqua »

I don't know .. I might have agreed a year ago. The people on the right who were the primary gun owners are generally a law abiding lot that goes to work everyday and more than likely just want to be left the F alone.

Every now and then the forces that be raise the ire and you see a small rebellion but .. I think most of us are largely law abiding. Attending protests and other large scale action means time away from work and supporting your home and family.

But

That was pre Antifa. They now have guns too. They may have had them before but all those new gun sales didnt just go to scared Karens in the burbs.

They have clearly shown they will fight. They dont have the organization yet and cant hold territory but they did set police stations and businesses on fire. They did cause police to cower under makeshift shields. They may be the new .. take it from my cold dead fingers group and they dont seem to have a problem with being out all night.

They organized through different social media sites but they lacked a real leader. Given some instruction and someone to pull them together and teach them about Asymmetrical warfare and they can bog down the country for some time. They already did and I dont think they are giving up their guns willingly.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Along those lines, Jeff Snyder wrote pretty much the same thing in his 1993 essay, A Nation Of Cowards

https://jim.com/cowards.htm Very important reading. Please read it if you haven't already.

I agree, most gun owners, faced with the choice of killing the 26-year-old female rookie police officer at the random gun checkpoint, and then getting killed soon after, would choose to surrender rather than fight. But a few would fight. (Mostly those with the least to lose, as in, no spouses and children.) The author posits 1%. One percent of gun owners is a lot of gun owners willing to kill and die. Say 100 million gun owners? One percent is one million. If each hardcase killed one cop or soldier on average before being killed, a million dead cops and soldiers would be momentous, no? So, maybe it's only 1/10th of one percent, 100,000 dead cops and soldiers. That is still a whole lot.

The author rightly makes the point that the core purpose of the Second Amendment is to give The People the means to kill American soldiers (and cops by extension, although there were no cops back then). Scalia missed this in his Heller opinion, in which he wrote that self-defense against criminal attack is the core purpose of the Second Amendment. The Founders had not just finished defending themselves against home invasions by burglars and druggies. They had just finished killing redcoats, who were, we should remember, their own countrymen -- British killing British. That's what revolutions are about -- killing your own friends, co-workers, and even relatives. That's why we want so much to avoid revolutions and civil wars. That's why revolutions and civil wars happen so rarely. But, they do happen.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

Honestly until you cant stream netflix and or have a pizza delivered to your front door in 30 minutes or less, you're right no one is doing s***. My case is a perfect example.

I work from home, I do the things I enjoy like go train Jiu Jitsu and I'm going to school all from home. I'm well taken care of and living the same latchkey life I did when I was like 14. As long as I stay off social media there isn't much to be upset about. I have all the things I need and try to find more when I can. It's the best I can do. It's the ONLY thing I can do.

I will say this, there is going to come a moment and a time where the nail that stands up becomes the one they go to smack down and ends up causing the rotting wood underneath it crumble and they will fall through the floor.

TPTB haven't made a martyr out of the right person on team red. When they do, look out.

I highly doubt all the people who bought all these guns don't plan on just turning them in.

We haven't had an outright ban, it's been weird piece meal stuff. bidens proposals will anger many and millions won't comply and I'm one of them. Especially if they push it through.

We are currently at a weird stage of too early and time to start shooting.

The american spirit is alive and well.
Flash

Post by Flash »

The article asks, would you shoot a "hero" who is just doing their job?

I absolutely would and I know quite a few others who would also. "I'm just following orders" hasn't been a legitimate defense since the Germans used it at the Trials at Nuremburg. They may just be following orders, but they're also betraying the public trust and the Constitution of the United States and through their actions, making it into a place I wouldn't want to live in.

And it wouldn't be a matter of killing even 10,000 of them. After the first few die, the rest will back off and call it a day with very few exceptions as for the most part, they're in it for the paycheck, the benefits and the pension. There are exceptions, but very few.

So perhaps a couple hundred at most would get killed before it all ground to a halt.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

Flash wrote: November 24th, 2020, 2:08 pm The article asks, would you shoot a "hero" who is just doing their job?

I absolutely would and I know quite a few others who would also. "I'm just following orders" hasn't been a legitimate defense since the Germans used it at the Trials at Nuremburg. They may just be following orders, but they're also betraying the public trust and the Constitution of the United States and through their actions, making it into a place I wouldn't want to live in.

And it wouldn't be a matter of killing even 10,000 of them. After the first few die, the rest will back off and call it a day with very few exceptions as for the most part, they're in it for the paycheck, the benefits and the pension. There are exceptions, but very few.

So perhaps a couple hundred at most would get killed before it all ground to a halt.
Yep. Look what happed at Waco. They could have smoked every BAFTE agent especially when they let them walk away as they ran out of ammo and agreed to a cease fire.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

Flash

Post by Flash »

Pale Rider wrote: November 25th, 2020, 10:13 am Another take on this:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/11/ ... -complied/
That’s good, because his bright idea for restricting “assault weapons” would force America’s gun owners to choose between (a) giving up millions of their firearms and magazines to a federal “buyback” and (b) registering those guns with the federal government, paying billions of dollars in taxes for the privilege.

The article left out (c) not giving up their guns and magazines or registering their guns for many reasons including the fact that you can't "buyback" something you never owned and the best reason of all, the 2nd Amendment.
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

The local LEO's are not going to be the problem for us and many, if not most, will be on our side. That's why EVERY FEDERAL AGENCY has its own SWAT team and has since Slick was in office. That's about 10,000 armed troops whose allegiance is to an agency run by someone owned by Soros, Bloomberg, Steyer or another oligarch, not the Constitution of the United States. The people behind this don't trust local LEO's or the military, only their hand picked secret police. Remember, Hillary (who is lobbying to be Secretary of Defense in the Biden Administration) identified veterans as potential domestic terrorists in 2016. Since the election, the mainstream media and those on the left have identified "right wing extremists" was the greatest threat to this country. They are starting to marginalize us just as Hitler and the NAZI's did the Jews at the beginning of the holocaust.

It's not going to be pretty when it comes and the other side will commit numerous acts of terrorism that will be blamed on the "right wing extremists." Those false flag operations will be used to justify more extreme actions against the enemies of the state. The are options though. None of them involve taking action against local LEO's or innocent civilians. I won't say anymore on this public board because it is monitored.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

Another really good article I read recently. The control freaks always miscalculate what will actually happen when they try huge over reach.

https://www.heritage.org/firearms/comme ... nfiscation
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Yes 👍