Can I by law have a Medical Marijuana card and have firearms?

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
User avatar
Mauser98
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 76
Joined: July 31st, 2018, 11:52 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Mesa

Re: Can I by law have a Medical Marijuana card and have firearms?

#31

Post by Mauser98 » August 9th, 2018, 7:12 pm

Shoot th3 moon wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 11:20 am
In the last year iv been looking into changing medications and leaning towards medical marijuana. Seems safer then prescription Meds.
If I take that route, is my gun rights at stake?
Don't do drugs.

1) You'd be committing multiple federal felonies.
2) From Marijuana only I've seen otherwise normal people turn into hippies who listen to John Lennon's song "Imagine" multiple times a day and adopt the lyrics as their life philosophy.



User avatar
LuckyLeaky
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 26
Joined: July 23rd, 2018, 9:32 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Mesa

Re: Can I by law have a Medical Marijuana card and have firearms?

#32

Post by LuckyLeaky » August 9th, 2018, 8:02 pm

4473 is a federal form
Whereas a medical marijuana permit is state

Until weed is federally legal... you cannot have it

User avatar
Crippledtrigger
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 368
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 2:20 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: AZ. via TX.

Re: Can I by law have a Medical Marijuana card and have firearms?

#33

Post by Crippledtrigger » August 10th, 2018, 5:27 am

Concealed is concealed.
Sent from chrisandclauida2's secret lair. AKA the crotchety crippled bastards hidden bunker

User avatar
Steve_In_29
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 752
Joined: June 7th, 2018, 10:52 am
Reputation: 1
Location: St John's, AZ

Re: Can I by law have a Medical Marijuana card and have firearms?

#34

Post by Steve_In_29 » August 11th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Personally I wouldn't trust the Feds (or anti-gun States) to not come around a knocking at some future time.

User avatar
lew
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 165
Joined: May 23rd, 2018, 5:42 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Phoenix

Re: Can I by law have a Medical Marijuana card and have firearms?

#35

Post by lew » August 29th, 2018, 10:53 am

Mauser98 wrote:
August 9th, 2018, 7:12 pm
Shoot th3 moon wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 11:20 am
In the last year iv been looking into changing medications and leaning towards medical marijuana. Seems safer then prescription Meds.
If I take that route, is my gun rights at stake?
Don't do drugs.

1) You'd be committing multiple federal felonies.
2) From Marijuana only I've seen otherwise normal people turn into hippies who listen to John Lennon's song "Imagine" multiple times a day and adopt the lyrics as their life philosophy.
So there's no medicinal aspect to marijuana? Interesting...

User avatar
Azbuilder
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 206
Joined: May 27th, 2018, 3:47 am
Reputation: 0
Location: sun city

Re: Can I by law have a Medical Marijuana card and have firearms?

#36

Post by Azbuilder » August 31st, 2018, 3:59 am

Try Hemp based CBD,. No card needed with many benefits except doesn't get you high. Has the
cannabinoids without the THC.

User avatar
Crippledtrigger
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 368
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 2:20 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: AZ. via TX.

Re: Can I by law have a Medical Marijuana card and have firearms?

#37

Post by Crippledtrigger » September 3rd, 2018, 10:40 pm

lew wrote:
August 29th, 2018, 10:53 am
Mauser98 wrote:
August 9th, 2018, 7:12 pm
Shoot th3 moon wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 11:20 am
In the last year iv been looking into changing medications and leaning towards medical marijuana. Seems safer then prescription Meds.
If I take that route, is my gun rights at stake?
Don't do drugs.

1) You'd be committing multiple federal felonies.
2) From Marijuana only I've seen otherwise normal people turn into hippies who listen to John Lennon's song "Imagine" multiple times a day and adopt the lyrics as their life philosophy.
So there's no medicinal aspect to marijuana? Interesting...
I dont think that was his point or even a consideration in his comment.
[media] [/media]
Sent from chrisandclauida2's secret lair. AKA the crotchety crippled bastards hidden bunker

User avatar
Bradshaw1
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org
Posts: 2
Joined: September 18th, 2018, 7:20 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Phoenix

Re: Can I by law have a Medical Marijuana card and have firearms?

#38

Post by Bradshaw1 » September 18th, 2018, 8:31 pm

Steve_In_29 wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 3:28 pm
Personally I wouldn't trust the Feds (or anti-gun States) to not come around a knocking at some future time.
You're overlooking a two fine points;

1) State of Arizona (a Pro Gun State) can charge a Med MJ User as a Prohibited Possessor and;
2) State of California (an Anti Gun State) can charge a Legal Recreational State MJ User as a Prohibited Possessor.

So its not only the Feds MJ users have to worry about.

User avatar
Conelrad
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 40
Joined: December 12th, 2018, 11:38 pm
Reputation: 3
Location: Maricopa

Re: Can I by law have a Medical Marijuana card and have firearms?

#39

Post by Conelrad » April 17th, 2019, 8:58 pm

I was undergoing chemo for lymphoma back in '12 to '13. I couldn't sleep, and had bad digestive effects due to those drugs. On advice from my oncologist, I obtained a pot card. The derivative was eaten each evening, and I was able to have a good meal and slept thru the night. Subsequently I was declared cured.

I also tried to purchase a rifle whilst the card was still valid, and AZ DPS denied the transfer, as they are in the loop on pot cards.

In 2017 (and recently), I opted to buy another gun again since the card had long expired and the BG checks went thru without delay.

DG
I fix the radar you try to stay under...

User avatar
QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 260
Joined: May 15th, 2018, 8:36 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: North Mesa

Re: Can I by law have a Medical Marijuana card and have firearms?

#40

Post by QuietM4 » April 17th, 2019, 9:33 pm

AZ DPS does not deny firearm transfers as they do not run any background check when you purchase a firearm. The FBI runs NICS, who does the background check. Your name was just in a database.
...so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

User avatar
YNOTAZ
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 191
Joined: June 3rd, 2018, 10:01 am
Reputation: 3
Location: NW Valley

Re: Can I by law have a Medical Marijuana card and have firearms?

#41

Post by YNOTAZ » April 23rd, 2019, 11:11 am

GOP bill introduced to remove this problem.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/04/2 ... c53b8b1a63

Post Reply

Return to “Laws, Regulations and the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (RKBA)”

cron