APRIL FOOLS: Feds remove Marijuana use question from 4473

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

APRIL FOOLS: Feds remove Marijuana use question from 4473

Post by Suck My Glock »

Feds remove Marijuana use question from 4473

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/202 ... tion-4473/

According to sources in the Department of Justice speaking on the condition of anonymity, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) is making a move to eliminate the marijuana disqualification question to transfer a firearm from a licensed dealer to an individual. The move is significant at a time where states like New York have recently passed laws to legalize the recreational use of the Schedule 1 narcotic and could signify a move to legalize marijuana federally.

“Because a number of states have passed legislation allowing the recreational use of marijuana, it seems fair and reasonable that we should not prevent those residents from hunting or target shooting,” said one DOJ employee on the possible change to the 4473 form. “Besides, it’s not likely to withstand a constitutional review.”

And while the move from the BATFE will have critics, even some veteran agents are behind the change. In a statement obtained by a mainstream publication, retired ATF agent C.C. Broadus Jr., formerly of the Long Beach office, stated: “Whether we like it or not, states have been legalizing marijuana use for decades for people with chronic illnesses, and even recreational users who don’t cause trouble, and don’t bother anybody. This is just one less thing that we will have to regulate, and this should reduce some administrative paperwork.”

However, experts warn not to spark up that joint or bake those magic brownies just yet. Removing the marijuana disqualification question from the ATF’s application needs to undergo a final review and may coincide with Federal legislation removing cannabis as a schedule 1 drug. But, for the time being, the clock is clicking slowly towards 4:20.

And before you get too excited, we urge you to check the calendar.

Pale Rider

Re: Feds remove Marijuana use question from 4473

Post by Pale Rider »

Wonder if Kameltoe and Kunter had anything to to with this? Nah, that couldn't be.
Dauph

Post by Dauph »

Well Hunter is a crackhead, not a pothead.
tripletap

Post by tripletap »

was???
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Let's all take a moment to remember that today is April 1st...some people on this board don't read so good. The article is fake.

April 1st is my least favorite day in the firearms industry....trust nothing.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

The last sentence in the article says it all.

Why would a gun site that wants to be reputable joke about something like this ?
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 1st, 2021, 4:10 pm The last sentence in the article says it all.

Why would a gun site that wants to be reputable joke about something like this ?
TFB messed up on this one. I'm fine with fake products on 4/1, but this is not a subject people will appreciate the fine nuance of the joke.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

The key to a good April 1st joke is that is has to be something people WANT to believe.

My favorite was back in 1996, telling everyone that Janet Reno's plane went down with no survivors. :obscene-drinkingcheers: