S&W Walther 22

Are you having problems with a rifle or handgun? Having problems with a magazine? This is the place to post for help or to help others. If you fixed that nagging problem with your AR-15, this is the place to post how you did it.
thom
ArizonaShooting.org Member

S&W Walther 22

Post by thom »

I have a M&P full size 22 made by Walther. I took out the external safety (following info on YouTube). And put it back together. Now it doesn't fire at all. Just a soft click when you pull the trigger. Has anyone had similar problems like this or can i get a referral to someone who knows what the fack that i did wrong. So I ot they can fix it.
Thanks
Thom

dread_scott

Re: S&W Walther 22

Post by dread_scott »

I can't really help, but to verify for others who can, are you sure on the brand? M&P is made by smith & wesson, unless walther makes one too? Just want to make sure you get correct advice.
thom

Post by thom »

This was S&Ws first time at having a full size 22.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Yes, for a time, S&W and Walther were collaborating and co-branding. There were even stainless steel PPKs with S&W on them from 2001 to 2012. People wanted a genuine PPK that couldn't be imported due to size and weight rules under the GCA of 68. So Walther struck an agreement with S&W to produce them here to get around the import restrictions. Sort of like how Chevy and Isuzu have been in cahoots for decades.
dread_scott

Post by dread_scott »

Learn something new everyday! Cool, that's why I wanted to verify as it sounded slightly off, but I didn't know for sure.