Pro Mag magazines

Are you having problems with a rifle or handgun? Having problems with a magazine? This is the place to post for help or to help others. If you fixed that nagging problem with your AR-15, this is the place to post how you did it.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Pro Mag magazines

Post by XJThrottle »

Or, they don't actually go out and use them.

Solar_Empire
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Solar_Empire »

XJThrottle wrote: August 11th, 2020, 12:59 pm Or, they don't actually go out and use them.
Or they buy them in bulk and sell them during panics. There's a guaranteed one every 4 years. Even if Trump wins this one think about what the next one is going to look like :shock:
tdog90yj

Post by tdog90yj »

Vyadmirer wrote: August 10th, 2020, 6:06 am The only reason to buy pro mag is for malfunction drills. Seriously. They suck. All of them.
This! I bought a few during the AWB when I didn’t know any better. Never again. I came to the realization that 10 reliable rounds was a better bet than malfunction drills in a self defense scenario.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Buckshot Bill wrote: August 11th, 2020, 8:57 am What I'd like to know is how the hell does promag stay in busuness? Is it because they sell their crap to people that don't know what garbage it is?
[Maybe I just answered my own question]

Buckshot Bill
They are only in business because they prey on new gun owners and people who don't know better. Same reason NC-Star is still in business.
Buckshot Bill

Post by Buckshot Bill »

QuietM4 wrote: August 12th, 2020, 3:34 pm
Buckshot Bill wrote: August 11th, 2020, 8:57 am What I'd like to know is how the hell does promag stay in busuness? Is it because they sell their crap to people that don't know what garbage it is?
[Maybe I just answered my own question]

Buckshot Bill
They are only in business because they prey on new gun owners and people who don't know better. Same reason NC-Star is still in business.
Quiet M4, That make perfect sense, and pretty much what I figured.
BB
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

What some people don't get is sometimes you end up with some of the magazines because they come with the deal when you buy a used gun. That's how I ended up with them on 2 different occasions. I worked on them and got them to work fine just because I like to tinker with things and see if I can make something work. I have quality magazines also, but I've used them when I go target shooting and they work fine. I wouldn't trust my life to them, but I'm not in a fight for my life; target shooting.
samnev

Post by samnev »

I can't count the number of times I've been at the range and someone had feeding problems. Many times it was a Pro Mag Mag magazine.

ma
1bardan+

Post by 1bardan+ »

[quote="Pale Rider" post_id=61096 time=1597337770 user_id=660]
What some people don't get is sometimes you end up with some of the magazines because they come with the deal when you buy a used gun. That's how I ended up with them on 2 different occasions. I worked on them and got them to work fine just because I like to tinker with things and see if I can make something work.

That's how I ended up with these promags. Got all excited when I saw 5 mags but outwardly they looked factory. Need to work more with these but I still don't have success
delta6

Post by delta6 »

1bardan+ wrote: August 9th, 2020, 12:02 pm Has anyone here had good experience fixing ProMags? I've got 3 of them for a Sig, 2 are awful 1 is marginal. The problem is the follower gets hung up. When this happens, all the ammo just falls out the top when turned upside down or just doesn't feed in the gun. I tried using a stone on one of the followers to make it smoother in the body , but still it hangs up. The Sig mags made in Italy are 100% flawless, even though they look outwardly the same.
Any ideas?
If you are looking for SIG P320 mags, these guys do a pretty good job.
https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-17-round-9m ... 320-17.htm
1bardan+

Post by 1bardan+ »

If you are looking for SIG P320 mags, these guys do a pretty good job.
https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-17-round-9m ... 320-17.htm
[/quote]

Wrong Cal. a P245 is .45 acp
But nice thought
coupeman

Post by coupeman »

Vyadmirer wrote: August 10th, 2020, 6:06 am The only reason to buy pro mag is for malfunction drills. Seriously. They suck. All of them.
This 1000%. I found a pro mag 40 several years ago during one of the school shootings and everything went nuts.

Used it once...malfunction after another.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

superduty38 wrote: August 10th, 2020, 9:28 am If you need Sig mags check out Mec-Gar mags. They are an OEM manufacturer for Sig and the mags marketed under their brand name are the same as factory labeled Sig mags at half the cost. I probably only have 3-4 factory Sig mags and at least a dozen Mec-Gars. Never a problem with the Mec-Gars.
The guy is a good source. https://gregcotellc.com/cart/sig-sauer- ... vp4sqk7g73
Mac-Gar makes the same exact Sig mag and stamps the Sig name on them instead.
They have contracts for other manufacturers too.
Love Greg Cote, very responsive and good pricing
Winmagbill

Post by Winmagbill »

P.R.O.M.A.G.
Please
Remember
Our
Mags
Are
Garbage

I am not free from sin. I bought some for a 40 cal CZ. Unfortunately they worked great. That led to another purchase for a different gun. They did not work. Still had my doubts and bought some for yet another gun. They to were terrible. Got an extended 25+ mag with a used Beretta 92 purchase and it worked great the 2 times I used it. This is how they stay in business; cheap guys who want to believe in “a deal”
Flash

Post by Flash »

I can't see why everyone is down on Pro Mag.

After all, they're the only ones that sell a tool for practicing your immediate action handgun stoppage drills.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

^^^ probably for mis-marking the packages as real mags...