THIS was the ARROW, not the archer

Are you having problems with a rifle or handgun? Having problems with a magazine? This is the place to post for help or to help others. If you fixed that nagging problem with your AR-15, this is the place to post how you did it.
pneuby
ArizonaShooting.org Member

THIS was the ARROW, not the archer

Post by pneuby »

This occurred with a G19 Gen4.
Amongst my selection of FMJ, I started with this local fodder:

https://ammoinc.com/product/ammo-inc-9mm-115-gr/

I wondered what was wrong when the perforations didn't equal the detonations, LOL.
So, I set up this target, which is 23" x 34". So, I slapped the BC dot in the center, as POA. I then shot two, three round groups rested from the 25yd line. Each time there were only two impacts on the paper. The first were at 12" apart (triangles), and second at 9" apart (rectangles). I'm scratching my head.

Next, I pulled out three rounds of standard CCI aluminum and shot the pair you see inside the dot. I pulled the third shot above it due to a pang of arthritis as I triggered it. So weird, I just had to post about it. :roll:
Attachments
AZS1.jpg
ASZ2.jpg
AZS3.jpg

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: THIS was the ARROW, not the archer

Post by XJThrottle »

He's saying the ammo inc. stuff is junk.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

AZ1182 wrote: November 9th, 2021, 3:16 pm I have no idea what BC dot means. .... By detonations are you saying that the projectiles broke up and made more than one hole? There are four dots by the way, which are we supposed to be looking at?
B irchwood
C asey
The makers of the Shoot 'n C hi-viz bulls-eye which highlights a hit in bright yellow.
No explosions, just colorful language to describe the standard old everyday pop of a round going off.
Basically, showing you that the otherwise good-to-go Glock product did NOT like those Freedom Seeds. :twisted:
AZ1182 wrote: November 9th, 2021, 4:16 pm All I know about that brand is that it blew up an X5 ...
Now, my turn, LOL. Can you tell us what an X5 is, and provide details, or a link if possible? ;)
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

pneuby wrote: November 9th, 2021, 5:32 pm

Now, my turn, LOL. Can you tell us what an X5 is, and provide details, or a link if possible? ;)

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

AZ1182 wrote: November 9th, 2021, 7:12 pm

https://scottsdalegunclub.com/product/s ... match-9mm/

I already provided what I knew as I heard it from someone that was in that class, :)

In this case, it's US, I had no idea that gun existed, and for that price, don't care, and pretty sure no one else here does either.

Clyde